Kunark Ascending Livestream: Weds, Oct 5 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lamatu Active Member

Will be interesting to see what the Facebook Live numbers will be.

I believe the last 2 xpac Twitch Live streams never had more than 350 live viewers.
    Neiloch likes this.
  2. Desper Member

Can't be true, I was expecting like 10-20k hyped ppl, all buying preorder right after. How could they make any beta test if only like 50 ppl will buy preorder from them only like 10 will post feedback?
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

He's right. I don't remember the exact number but it was between 300-400. Agreed on the preorder to beta nonsense. Massive mistake on the devs part. It should be paid subscriber. What does "All Access" mean anyways? Because I can't seem to access anything new they come out with.
    Zhaanish, Kuulei, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  4. Desper Member

Well to be honest, I would be to have really hyped from the live stream to go and preorder just to be able to beta test. Also mind that only most hardcore fans will be testing by this system and they won't critize anything becouse they blidnly love the game so I don't expect objective feedback from them.

I will buy expansion only if:
    - new exciting content and features (I don't mean house items or other vanity stuff)
    - enough solo content
    - quest helpers ( I don't want to play google)
    - resolve gone
    - fervor gone (uselles dumb stat which only prevent items to have interesting specials)
    - infuser drops gone as only loot from named and bosses (90% of drops are uselless infusers in solo content I bough all acces like week ago and I am allready sick from that and close to unninstall)
    - new itemization system with more depth to specialize (not really but it would be nice)
  5. Sucha Active Member

Kamder has actually stated in another thread that there will be no level cap increase. He said there will be player progression but no level cap increase. One can only guess if that will be through statflation, new diety stuff or something new thrown in to make us have more stuff to wade through for the heck of it. He did state it would not be more AA's so at least there is that.
  6. Sucha Active Member

1. Many decorators would disagree with you.
    2. Was stated that there will be much more concentration on Solo/Advanced Solo dungeons this Xpac.
    3. Helpful but not a necessity.
    4+5. Extremely doubtful but who knows.
    6. Possibly how player progression will occur with no level cap and no new AA's (hopefully not though).
    7. Itemization has been screwed up for a long time now. Would be very surprised to see them actually fix/change it.

The above is of course simply my opinion on what was asked for by the poster I quoted.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Desper you want to make commends on the upcoming expansion somewhere , whats wrong with this stream
    post questions and ideas here I am shure the devs will read what's said here
    I hope there will be a link.
    With the last expansion Daybreak also only allowed people into Beta , that preordered , it must have worked for them.
  8. Raff Well-Known Member

For someone who supposedly has been playing for years..you really don't know much about the game.
    Ceyllynn, Kittybock and Moonpanther like this.
  9. Raff Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too....no biggie :)
    Kittybock likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well there is always the caned version if you don't say anything anyway that way you can watch when you got time:)
  11. Desper Member

Huh what? Are you trying to looks like ******** moron atacking ppl on forum for no reason?
  12. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I believe he was referencing the fact about half those things will never happen and aren't even likely.

1. Why wouldnt there be?
    2. Whats 'enough?' but they did say they are adding more
    3. What? Like those lame WoW plugins that hold you hand? They already mark the map and mobs you need to kill
    4. Resolve isn't going anywhere but I imagine the 'class buffs' might be subject to some sort of adjustment. Otherwise its the cornerstone of item progression since other stats are out of control and would require and complete re-design equal to that of what a completely new game would need.
    5. Doubt fervor is going any where either. 'Specials' like procs are lame, i don't like how many exist now because they boost performance with zero effort while contributing server load
    6. Purely a solo content problem, but they aren't goign to have multiple 'tiers' of loot from solo zones either so infusers provide the best way to allow upgrades without it getting close to heroic loot and rightly so.
    7. Specialize? how do you mean? Roles?
    Ceyllynn and Kittybock like this.
  13. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I would simply like a TEXT version of what was said.
    Please.
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

Feldon usually does a recap on EQ2wire
    Ceyllynn, Zhaanish, Alenna and 6 others like this.
  15. Myscha_sleddog New Member

We've done streams on Twitch for Dungeon Defenders 2 for a while now and also tried a simultaneous FB Live stream and it worked well. The FB LIVE offers a great way to message users about the event in a platform they hear about more so than on Twitch or a week later on You Tube. The only trouble we've had is folks trying to load the file later can be a hassle.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Bayfia Member

I've seen all the begging for a Twitch broadcast. Well.. some of us don't use Twitch! I'm one of those people. I rarely use my Facebook account (I'm just not into that social network thing, except for my immediate family). But I certainly am willing to take the risk of exposure to hear this. Not gonna make any weird comments that tick anybody off.. nothing to worry about.
  17. Spelzguk New Member

How about releasing a well built cross server dungeon finder? It's been needed for a long time now due to dwindling populations at times. Get off this solo dungeon wagon and just make it easier to obtain groups via cross server. Maybe add extra rewards for queing and completing a dungeon to make group play more worth while. After all that is where this game shines.
    Zhaanish likes this.
  18. Xavion Well-Known Member

yeah if we could get more classes like maybe the tempest class or whatever other ideas you had for eqnext classes would be nice and maybe adding a more indepth racial passive tree for the races to make em more interesting aside from the few passives we have that are pretty outdated (Ex: d lere fighting: gives 1% to block chance) like its almost pointless to even pick them since they are so weak. Maybe add new skills/spells to classes instead of just adding more upgraded VXIII versions every level. Expand the experimentation system so it includes more stats and has new procs and effects to addon. I won't be surprised if this xpac has like 2 new features and a bunch of bloat copy pasta reskined armor and weps
  19. ZUES Well-Known Member

Every class does need to have it's abilities looked at, evaluated and cleaned up. I agree with you 100%. I like your other ideas too. But keep in mind they only have one person working on all itemization and class balance (Caith). Given the importance of itemization and class balance they really need 1-2 more people tasked with this role.

Of equal importance, they need to test stuff better before pushing it to live. They should have done the Race to Trakanon on the test server and incentivize testing.
  20. Nelie Well-Known Member

They tried then scrapped the idea...they couldn't get it to work right.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.