Krono

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Beee, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I was told by CSRs about a year ago when a Krono disappeared from my account that all the Kronos have a unique ID and can be tracked.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  2. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Did Daybreak ever find the plat dupe? I wonder if it's still happening as Empyreal books are between 50k-50m on my server.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Plat duping results in prices for EVERYTHING increasing... the in-game economy suffers inflation. The problem, as I think I mentioned earlier, is that the drop rate for these specific books is way too low.
    Cyrrena and Benito like this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Fair enough. It's possible that the devs see the "good books" as chase items (EQ2's equivalent of EQ1's Ice Encrusted loot). But, if people are duping plat, they will use that plat for the "good items" or "good books" just like they might have used duped plat for Potency bardings and Krono. This leads to market distortion. For instance, the cheapest Shadow Sage book is 500k and cheapest Ancient Empyral Teaching book is 10m on my server. An exploiter would pay the big PP.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's ridiculously easy to go and harvest a bunch of lantern hogfish and radiant pomes to raise cash. Scarcity drives up prices. As long as someone is willing to either spend Real Life $$ to get Krono and sell those for cash, or seriously sets about selling loot rights, selling harvested rares etc., there will be people who have the cash to buy things, even when outrageously priced.

I refuse to pay that much myself, even if I have the cash, but not everybody is patient and instant gratification is a powerful lure. But the way our broker system works, when an item is plentiful, the prices drop pretty rapidly as each new person undercuts the prior offerings. Cf. BoL overland collectible items, where the price went from hundreds of plat to a few gold in the matter of a couple of weeks as the market saturated.
    Cyrrena and Benito like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Those are great points. The same happens on EQ1 for the chase items. People sell the chase items for around 5-15 Krono. I think the question now is if the devs intended the books to be chase items?

On the point about plat dupe, my server's Krono has not fully recovered. The cheapest Krono sits at 6.5m when they used to be 2.5m-3m average. I get your point but there might be something fishy still going on (even if was the damage from plat dupe during Dragon Attack or players who benefited from an older plat dupe).
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

This is just a theory but it could be possible someone is plat duping on one or more of the servers and buying up the books to grief the entire server. Daybreak should monitor the transactions.
    Kheldar likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This would require that the same somebody or cabal was doing it to all the servers, dude. It's not a conspiracy. It's just a really low drop rate that we all wish the devs would increase.
    Cyrrena, Xevran, Finnwizz and 2 others like this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

During Dragon Attack, I saw Krono disappear nearly instantly when they hit the 5-9m price.

In this day and age (hackers), actors (individuals, corporate, or state entities) can do things we can't imagine. Someone mentioned that the EQ2 Reddit was hacked the other day.

In terms of low drop rate, the devs might have purposely designed the books to be chase loot. I'm sure they can alter the drop rate but likely trying to find a happy medium for the Overseer system.
  10. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

This is the answer. Also, if you're plat poor in today's EQ2 on a live server that's your fault. Craft some temp adorns, collect some shinies, sell some loot rights. There's no conspiracy here, Benito.
    Cyrrena, Xevran, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

I am struggling to see how this current topic relates back to the original in this thread.
    Cyrrena, Xevran, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  12. Krov Active Member

I think Kronos need to be changed and fix the entire problem at once.

Player A buys a tradeable Krono from DP and can sell it for whatever, player B buys it and it becomes a consume only Krono.
    This removes the buy sell aspect , does not change the DP perspective of a value to a Krono.
    Cyrrena and Kheldar like this.
  13. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The original topic has resolved itself. End of expac and all those sellers on IoR returned with tons of plat, which caused the sudden increase. Two months later all is back to normal. and the thread can probably be closed?
    Cyrrena, Xevran and Wulfgyr like this.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Yeah, that is generally where I have landed.

Good thread everyone! time to close this one down.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Xevran and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.