Krono

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Beee, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

A player on Skyfire is selling 28 Krono for 74 million each. He's a good lead to check on....LOL.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

This is why I'm glad I stored my spare plat in Kronos over the past few years :D.

I guess until someone leaks the exploit, it's going to keep happening.
    dirgenoobforreal and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Observing Active Member

Well if it is an exploit, its after KOS because there are 5 pages of Kronos on Kaladim starting at 60p.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Don't overlook EQ1 players. I started EQ1 in '99. Moved all of my characters over to FV years ago when it opened up. I play "the market" when new TLP servers open and I've got well over 100 Krono. YMMV.
  5. Zen Master formless, shapeless

I was so discouraged by the Krono prices that I bought a Platinum Familiar Cage for 3m on broker and got the Armored Dire Bear. This bad situation worked out for me. :)
    parissa likes this.
  6. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I feel kinda upset personally that they didnt stop krono buying and selling and keep ruining the game economy even further. There is no way anyone can get 10 million plat in any reasonable amount of time just questing and doing normal things in this game.

Krono has been nothing but a detriment to the normal player in-game economy since being introduced. Botters, multiboxers and exploiters have loved it as they can essentially control entire server economies.
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Krono haven't ruined the economy at all imo. If it wasn't Krono it would be other commodities each expac that'd probably have even more impact on the playerbase.

The issue here is the plat exploits that clearly keep coming into game, and don't get found quick enough to stop a huge influx of plat. It only takes a few people causing problems and it impacts everyone.
    parissa and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Neranya Member

When I played DCUO I don't believe you could sell Krono for Gold (that games 'plat'). If you wanted Gold, you could buy it from the tons of gold spammers that spam ads non-stop in the chat channels. Obviously they must do a lot of business because no matter how fast the GM's get rid of them they come right back with new characters. It seems in this game the ability to sell Krono for plat has eliminated the spammers (at least, I haven't seen any).

Way I see it, buying plat from a 3rd party adds tons of plat to the economy. Selling a Krono that you buy simply transfers existing plat from the buyer to the seller. No extra plat is added to the game economy.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Sadly this just feels like exaggerated inflation from the influx of players and the new content arriving. It seems every time there is a level increase so does the cost of krono's. Folks are quick to yell exploit instead of just looking at players just blowing money. Many player are sitting on ******** amounts of plat, let them burn it if they want. I admit 10mil is a new high for me to see, but the prices have been increasing quickly since the announcement.

As for the level 1's making the purchase, many of the brokers are low level alts that are their designated sellers that have all the excess plat on them.

Many of the EQ1 players here remember the growing pains over there when the market exploded, this is no different.
  10. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

You really think people are sitting on 10 million? (its 30-50 million on thurgadin now). I dont know a single hardcore raider that just sits on 10 million plat instead of having it invested in platium. Having 10 million just sit on ur account is awful buisness instead of investing in krono.
  11. Corwyhn New Member

Well whoever is buying them at that price should be checked :)
    parissa, Observing, Descord and 2 others like this.
  12. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

I just hope they get the 300kp/hr dupe exploit patched soon. I cannot understand why they have not suspended krono trading with such a dupe exploit happening on live servers.
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

They can track who purchases those Kronos, and follow the trail back through trades to find out where it started and how exploited. I guess the problem is just how long the trail is to follow.

If anything Krono going crazy like this helps track the issue down sooner. Imagine if all these players were doing the exploit and not buying all the Krono at once, they'd have gone unnoticed so much longer. [Although that could be the case here].
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Well this thread is at 5 pages now and apparently it is still continuing as the price of Kronos is still increasing. And to the person that said that if its an exploit it occurred after KOS because there are 5 pages of Krono on Kaladim for 60 p, the expac has nothing to do with it.

People will have those krono in their character sheet and price them insanely high on the TLE and just hold onto them until someone has killed themselves getting that amount of plat together to buy a krono so they can continue to play on the TLE. Its selfish and ridiculous but that is the way of the world, GREED is the WORD now, not BIRD.
    parissa and Pixistik like this.
  15. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'm doubtful of it being on Kaladim, purely as that would not create huge inflation on Live unless there was far far more Krono available on Kaladim. It would also mean that the exploit was part of KoS, which likely wasn't even really touched in the TLE launch vs the past 10 years.

If we think about it logically, for it to be a Kaladim exploit, you'd have to make enough plat to buy Kronos on there, then sell them on Live for more than others on there to be able to buy more of them and drive up prices. Is it possible? I suppose, but I kind of think it'd be a lot of work for someone
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. Fuddan New Member

Rivervale Active? Hah!
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  17. Observing Active Member

The prices are very unstable and not simply increasing. On Sat, the lowest price at the same time on each of the normal US servers were 49.5, 25, 20, and 12.5. Earlier today they were trending to 14-15. Now they are trending to 10.
  18. parissa Well-Known Member

Are krono's account wide across all access?? I mean can they buy them on EQ1 and sell on EQ2? or is it per game?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Yes, Kronos are account-wide. You can buy Krono on EQ2 and sell those same Kronos on EQ1, and vice versa. If you redeem a Krono, All Access subscription will be applied on that account for all Daybreak games (including Planetside 2 and DCUO).
    parissa and Cyrrena like this.
  20. EQ_Jack Active Member

so if there is an identified plat exploit. 300k plat an hour is a lot. As far as tracking transactions, everything behind the scenes is a database I’m sure. And if you have a database you can track trends etc. DBG I would think be able to roll back exploits, ban offenders and more. just by running some queries, maybe a ban hammer is incoming soon?
    Cyrrena likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.