Krono

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Beee, Nov 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tajar Well-Known Member

That will depend on supply of Masters. If they are relatively common, they won't sell for as much. I personally hope they are more common because you technically need 2 of each one if you want to ancient the spell. We have been at 110 cap for 2 years and most people I know are still using Expert's of many of their spells.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

I think daybreak needs to model other games with their Krono.

• Cannot be carried.
    • Cannot be traded.
    • Can only be sold in broker.
    • Cannot change servers.
    • Consumed as soon as its purchased from broker.
    • regulated Prices
    • Expiration date of some sort.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

There would be absolutely no purpose for the kronoes then. I like the fact that they basically got rid of plat seller spam on every server.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Vunder Well-Known Member

The purpose of a krono is to buy gametime with plat you make. Not buy krono's and change plat amongst the plat farmers. This is the only game I play that is happens.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Rargo Active Member

I moved to Isle of Refuge from AB with my 50mil measly plat and bought Krono from Daybreak legally. Then sold them and made a fortune to buy the gear I wanted because people stopped auctioning on AB. I was in a solo guild so it was the only way for me to gear up.
    Now I am in a great guild and have fun doing the zones I could never do before.
    I do not care how they get plat to buy Krono. Its a game and a free market. I will gladly stay on Isle of Refuge. Daybreak is a business to make money. They stop making money the game stops.
    Did it ever occur to anyone that the guilds and players that have amassed tons of plat over the years that since have quit passed that fortune on the fewer players that are left. There is simply more plat and fewer players to go around. Just my theory.
    Soara2 and Harington like this.
  6. Thand Well-Known Member

10 mil on majdul now.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This subject has come up before. I remember when there was an "exploit" that occurred a few years back when Sony/DB incorrectly priced an item that could be bought from an in-game vendor for mere coppers and resold for plat. A number of players did this and as I recall they all got caught and were banned after a search of accounts (don't know the actual mechanism involved here).
    I simply look at the buy krono from DBG and resell on the broker for plat situation and the all of a sudden explosion of plat that has occurred over the last 4-5 years. That plat is coming from somewhere and I'd guess I think about "Aachem's Razor (sp)" explanation--that the most likely explanation tends to come from the simplest reason, regardless of how improbable it seems at the moment. If people are duping plat, that should be able to be figured out. People aren't earning plat by questing, because the rewards just aren't there. So it leads one back to the question: who stands to gain the most by an explosion of plat in an economy that doesn't produce it on its own.
  8. vlada Active Member

occam's
    Soara2, Bhayar and Rhodris like this.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

At the moment i know players who have 100.000.000 platin or more without using any platin exploid. This are less than 10 Kronos. A lot of the platin changes owner for Dragon Event Bardings.
    Is a player farms the event with 6 boxed accounts he sould earn a huge amout of platin. Any F2P low level account can join the event
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

That's all well and good, Bee. This is the first Dragon event in EQ2 that I know about. My question isn't about what they're able to sell something for. My question comes back to where did this huge infusion of plat come from in the economy? It sure isn't coming from any quest rewards DBG is currently providing in the game. Mobs are still dropping gold and in a few cases we see minimal amounts of plat being rewarded even at 110 levels for doing raid weeklies. I say "minimal" compared to the price of what items are running for--even on the in game merchandise brokers. Frankly, I'm surprised a lot more people haven't noticed this before. We have a super heated economy going on in EQ2 and that's the first thing returning players typically notice and comment on. There is no--and let me repeat this--no current in game mechanism that accounts for the huge amount of plat currently floating through this economy.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Laaw like this.
  11. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I duno, 15 years of playing and the 110s have been around a couple of those years, the CD trash mobs regularly drop 20-30g each with some at 2-3g..thats 5 mobs per plat easy..I have killed a good number of them and make way more than what it cost me in food, repair bills, merc, etc....

Plus cetestial shards of whatever..yea..its adds up
    Breanna, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I see you never played Eve, Wildstar, or Rift then. EQ2 is hardly unique in it's tradeable game time model.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Obano like this.
  13. Bhayar Well-Known Member

First, you're also spending that coin, so it's not like you save up over the years. More importantly, sit down with a calculator and at the rate of gold drops per mob you list, do the math. At 5 mobs killed per plat earned, that means you'd need to kill 5 million mobs to reach 1 million plat in game. Think about that for a minute. That's just to earn 1 million plat. 5 million mobs. That's just CD mobs for the last year. It would be substantially less over the preceding years, because the gold yield would be less. Remember too, we're about a year into this xpac. Now divide 5 million mobs by an entire year and you arrive at a daily kill rate of 13,700 mobs. Does that strike you as remotely close to ANYONE's daily kill rate while they're online?

I'm not disagreeing that it adds up, what I'm suggesting is, there's no game mechanic in place that can possibly account for the huge amount of plat currently in this game. And we're not even taking into account what we have to spend in game for amor, weapons, repairs, food, drink, adorns, etc. Sure you can craft all that yourself, but then we have the issue that you're not producing money either. Sure, can you sell some of that stuff on the market? Absolutely. But no where do I see anyone making large amounts of coin doing that. Maybe early on, but this question has nothing to do with the price of selling.
  14. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

5 Mobs per plat = 25,000,000 mobs per Krono price increase. The #1 ranked player for PVE kills globally in EQ2 is at 10,550,000 kills. Not even half way there.

This gives an idea just how much plat has suddenly emerged for prices to shoot up this much.

Prices only drastically increase when there is a large inflation of plat into the game. When loyalty bags went from 50p to 500p, they went up. When the exploit of the adornment removal spell was in play, they want up around 2.5x in value. Yes they will naturally go up over time, but not double/triple in the course of a week without external influence (ie exploits).
    Breanna, Soara2, Rotchi and 2 others like this.
  15. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Thats too much maths for me. sry
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When this dupe was occurring, one of the people that were actively doing this came onto these forums and posted exactly how to do it and the names of the merchants that you had to do it with. That person stated at that time that his guild and others had been doing it for over 2 weeks and they figured there was no reason not to tell others about it because they were guessing DBG would find out any time so it would be closed up and nobody would be able to do it any longer. I saw that post within about 4 minutes of it going up and reported it, it was late on a Sunday night.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Dude like this.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

With new expansion coming, not a lot to sell on Isle of Refuge. I suspect a HUGE influx of plat has come from there and with that coin, a mass buyout of krono and relisting it at higher prices.
  18. Rotchi Active Member

Since the prices started rising after beta went live my guess is that someone have figured out a way to dupe plat with the /betacopy command... won't go into detail how I think it is being done and I am not in beta so I cannot test the idea myself.

Why I am guessing this is because one of the dupes in the battleground zone could exploit the fact that your character was copied to the BG server when you zoned in.
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

No reason to apologize. Was just pointing out that the logistics required to do anything close to what your were saying just didn't stand up to close scrutiny as an explanation for the amount of plat in the economy.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I remember that. I also remember thinking "are these guys complete idiots for posting this? Did they not think there was going to be consequences, haha?"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.