1. Wolfenstrike New Member

I like this game and I'd definitely be glad to just purchase the expansions if I ever decide to keep playing the end game content, but right now I'm not willing to pay a subscription for another game, as a Silver player and the restrictions that comes with it, is it possible to get enough plat in a reasonable amount of time for buying Krono?

Or a different question in the same context, is it feasable to just pay for the expansions and just keep playing as a Silver player farming for plat until I get enough for buying Krono?
  2. napu Member

krono sells for about 600-700pp on my server, a new player would have a very hard time accruing that amount of money quickly. Later on when you have been playing a while you will probably have loads of pp stockpiled. A fast (albeit boring) way of making pp is running around zones that are grey con to you, picking up the collectables. Of course, you will need the broker access to sell them though.
  3. Imperial Mushroom New Member

Just like OP, i was wondering same thing. Im a new player (as in totally new player, started a couple of days ago) and i tried some forum searches but its all a bit.. vague, and most stuff still remains unanswered to me. Especially since i cant really use any in game chat, or look for guild (havent figured a way to do so, yet).

What i wanted to know is what restrictions exactly does silver account remove? f2p matrix isnt of much help either, because 'limited' use of auction house could be ... anything.

tldr : if i upgrade to silver, can i freely use auction house and all chat channels? Im more than willing to upgrade to silver, but not much more :p At least not right away. Maybe once they have expansions sale i might get those too, but right now spending $80 + $15 is not an option (speaking of which - eq2 does look a bit expensive from a regular f2p player perspective, and most people who chose to play f2p games arent really going to spend $100 right of the bat :p).

cheers
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can use all (or at least most) chat channels and buy from the broker on silver. You will need to buy tokens to sell on the broker (or find a friend on a gold account who will 'lend' you one of their broker slots, essentially posting your items for you and mailing you the proceeds) to sell on the broker however.

edit: You don't need to buy any of the expansions as a starting player. DoV is for 85+ level toons and CoE (which now includes DoV) is for 92+ level toons. AoD could be useful from level one, but it is far from necessary. Despite seeing people in the starting level zones (!!!!) with mercs, they are absolutely NOT required for any of the overland solo content and mercs actually reduce the xp you get from each kill when they're in your group.
  5. crazyeyes321 Active Member

As others have stated, for a bronze/silver to easily work up the money to afford a krono is probably bordering on a second job. You can of course sell collection items, transmuted materials and equipment for others to mute, but that is kind of slow going really in my opinion. You used to be able to collect rare materials, but that market is pretty much gone now that people have rare harvesters. Really though, if you are new or are extremely limited on real life funding, playing as a silver member is a very good deal. It will get you to lvl 92, and if you find a few quarters in your couch cushions to gradually unlock gear at the end of game you dont need to pay that much or often(especially if you have friends in high places willing to hold off a slr for you to get gear).
  6. Imperial Mushroom New Member

thanks all, gonna get my silver now, looks like it could make my life a bit easier. im just lvl 18 atm, but already running out of bag space :p but still not that willing to spend another 80ish $ just yet though, i relly hope they make some sort of sale on expansions (or at least, make the older one, permanently, cheaper).

I know it might not look like that much money for you oldies, but i really think that the 'entry fee' for new players is a bit steep atm, especially considering its an 8 years old game thats trying to sell itself at the 'f2p' market, and also trying to make new people stay here - not just play it for a couple of days and leave. All that considered this might be the most expensive 'free' game, when it comes to starting fresh :p

Once again, no hard feelings anyone. Im ok with spending money here and there but $80 expansions, $15 a month, plus tons of store items one might be tempted to buy, still looks like a lot of money, and it might discourage many people from even trying the game, imo of course :)

cheers and thanks all for your help
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

It was my understanding that the krono would be theoretically purchased with $$ by the newer players & sold to the players with loads of plat getting plat for the newer broke guy.

In other words, a way to buy plat in a secure manner for the new folk who wanted plat & a way for players with tons of plat to use it to buy a sub.

If all you really want is a no creditcard way to pay for a sub, get a gametime card for $15.
  8. Wolfenstrike New Member

Thanks for the response everyone!, I guess I'll see if I can get enough plat when I reach the higher levels and see if it's worth it to keep playing beyond that level, as I said, I'm not willing to pay for a sub right now, but if I like the game enough, I'm more than willing to pay for the expansions, but not for a subscription, even if it means I need to buy Staion Cards for that.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

Once you get up near lvl 90 you can start running TSO zones (Obelisk of Ank'zul in Moors of Yekesha is a good one for starting) to earn some steady plat income. The zone isn't too hard in 90 gear and it nets you 7-12 platinum a run every 3 days roughly. Great way to start earning some once you reach there. Krono are occasionally sold directly by players for as little as 450p it may take awhile but once you start getting some steady income you can build up a fair supply. I have 8 myself :D hoping to have 12+ when my sub expires.
  10. Merker Member

Strangely enough all the Krono that was on the broker on Freeport has disappeared
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

They have not disappeared... you just can't find them because this patch broker the broker.. if the item isn't equippable, you can't search for it on the broker right now.. nor does it have a name if you do manage to 'see' it. This is, apparantly, after being TOLD it was broken on test.
  12. Merker Member

I see. Thanks for the info
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Can reset it every 18 hours :D
  14. Estred Well-Known Member

Eh I still am hardwired to think its every 3 days on a natural reset timer and you have to wait 1 day between manual resets. I ran roughly 9-12 zones daily in SF so that method got engrained :confused:.
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

Actually I'm used to heroic zones resetting every 90 minutes. OOA is an exception. Wonder why? ;)
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Yea, if OoA reset every 90 mins, some people have so many characters that they could run it constantly at 7-15pp every 5 minutes.