Krono Feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Nov 1, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Hi Everyone,
    This is going to be the Official Krono Feedback thread. I know many conversations about Krono have already started, and we've been keeping up on those! Still, we'd like to keep the conversation as consolidated as possible so that we can gather and review the feedback.
    So please -- provide your reactions, ask questions, and make suggestions! We'll be going through and redirecting the other threads to this one so that everything stays in one place.

~Dexella
  2. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Well at least it's clear now why they stopped selling membership for SC.
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    It was already clear - because they were losing their socks on it by devauling the SC.
  5. ARCHIVED-BruceFlea Guest

I have sent in a /petition already but there seems to be a issue when your krono kicks in for your subscription it turns your All Access account into just a plain Gold account or at least it appears as if that is the case when you check your subscription info. I can as of right now log into other soe games but still may cause issues int he future if people think there account got downgraded.

After further investigations of my own, it looks likes other soe sites like soe.com and other soe game sites show it as a All Access account just not on the everquest2.com. Hope that helps in figuring out the issue.
  6. ARCHIVED--Arctura- Guest

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    The Krono Account lives in the lower portion of everyones Bank window.
    This is a dedicated bank account that allows ANY user (no matter what account level (bronze/silver/gold)) to deposit an unlimited amount of Norrathian funds.
    Cash in this window can ONLY be deposited, not withdrawn (Confirm popup appears on deposit)
    Cash in this account can ONLY be used on the Broker (Marketplace) when buying Krono.
    When purchasing Krono, the option to 'pay with krono Account' becomes possible, assuming users have cash in their Krono Account.

This allows users of ANY level to accrue funds SOLELY for the purpose of purchasing game-time.

We all want to purchase game time, the trust issues with buying gamecards and the lack of support for Krono implementation is the main hangup with users buying the new currency. This is the final step to ensure users can easily and readily puchase gametime, no matter what their membership level.
  7. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Agreed, but that had been going on for some time. If you are telling me that this idea was thought up after the stop of SC membership and just fell into place then..... Well I know you can't be saying that you have always come across as smarter then that.
    I have no issue with the Krono although it is not something that I would ever purchase. But don't make it less then it is which is a great way for SOE to make money especially since it costs more then a gold membership and is based on all access pass rates.
  8. ARCHIVED-KenCoop Guest

Just since it has not been said yet in this thread.... I don't really see a downside for SoE selling the expansion for 3 Kronos.
    i know this would likely bring some people back, and really it would be a win-win for SoE because people that may not purchase the xpac now would, and they would be getting more dollars for each sale this way.
    For those stating it doesn't make sense to charge more for the expansion ($54), it would be consistent with the price difference SoE has set between paying with a CC for your membership versus paying with a Krono.
  9. ARCHIVED-yohann koldheart Guest

KenCoop wrote:
    id gladly pay 3 krono's for a non collectors eddition download of the expansion, its not like there is anything else in game for me to spend my plat on.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

I like the Krono Account idea above.

What is this skull banner to the right of the use button? I squared it in white so it stands out. Looks funky.
    [IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-Sacra Magice Guest

Can we buy next exp with Kronos? I am sure you would sell more exp packs if you allow us to pay with Kronos (even if you charge 3 Kronos for it (which nets you more money)! So consider the posibility!).
  12. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

-Arctura- wrote:
    I'm confused!
    Is this just a suggestion? (Great mockup in that case!)
    Good idea but I don't think I'd want the money locked quite so permanately, What I would do is continue buying Repair Material until I had enough and was certain I wanted to spend it that way and then transfer it to the Krono bank.
  13. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

hexalobular wrote:
    The only thing i would change about the suggested is free/silver account that when the coin limit is reached any excess coin that would normally be lost would autmatically go into the krono bank.
  14. ARCHIVED-Ambeco Guest

I think that instead of purchasing the krono for $17.99 and it only good for game time I think that the krono should be purchasable for $5 and be able to be used for ANY cash only transaction. You would be able to buy expansions, Station Cash (special deals on station cash do not affect krono purchased SC $5=500 no matter what), Game Time, SOE goodies such as hats t-shirts key fob etc., You get the idea but the usefulness of the krono has yet to reach it's potential. and by making it a $5 item rather than a almost $20 item you will sell more of them and be more in line with the micro-transition idea. at $17.99 I will never buy one because I do not need game time. But if they were $5 each and I could buy expansions with them? you bet I would be buying them up like crazy!

Thanks for listening,
    ~Avi

P.S. Also take off the coin restriction on free accounts so they don't have to be so creative in figuring out how to buy one. there is no point in it, or at least let them be able to hold a couple thousand plat cause in today's EQ2 that's nothing. can open one chest and get more than the limit for a free account. I don't have a free account but I would like free accounts to be able to purchase krono's from me.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dakora Guest

Free accounts don't need to be creative they can just deposit the coin into the krono account in your bank.
  16. ARCHIVED-hexalobular Guest

Nercissa@Butcherblock wrote:
    I don't think that's real.(?)
    Just a VERY creative illustration of a pretty good suggestion.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kaito Guest

-Arctura- wrote:
    Support!!!
    [IMG]
  18. ARCHIVED-Cratoh Guest

+1 more for Kronos buyng all the stuff that we were supposed to be able to buy wityh SC before it got massively devalued due to bad business ;p

Server transfers, Freeblood, Expacs, basically anything we cant buy, need to be able to be bought.
    I want Krono to work, but it has to be expanded to work.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

-Arctura- wrote:
    While this is an extremely well-done mock-up, it is just that -- a mock-up of an idea. This account feature/system is not part of EverQuest II (though I do applaud you on the visual representation of your suggestion -- nicely done!).
    I just wanted to clear up any confusion and make sure you weren't looking for this in your bank!
    Thanks for your continued feedback and suggestions.
    ~Dexella
  20. ARCHIVED-Rathadin Guest

Question for SOE employees:
    What prompted Sony Online Entertainment to price "Krono" at $17.99 each, while similiar items (Chronoscrolls in TERA Online) and (Pilot License Extensions - PLEX - in EVE Online) are $14.99?
    What is the purpose of the $3 markup over a non-recurring Gold subscription?