Krono/Expac/marketplace question...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Elostirion, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Elostirion Well-Known Member

So....given that the Krono exists...

Would it be legitimate in the current EQ2 policy environment to state that one would like to buy CoE expac keys, and that one is willing to pay in plat or gifted SC items or a combination?

I would like to know if the Sony team would be unhappy with someone who might make such a statement, because I do want to play by the rules but I'm not certain exactly where the pragmatic boundary is in this case.
  2. Calthine Well-Known Member

They chose to not concern themselves with the trading of SC cards, so I bet you'd be okay. But I'd be cautious, because there's no in-game way for someone to give you the expansion. You're going to have to trust someone to buy a hardcopy and give you the code.
  3. Ssrilith Member

Therein lays a problem, dont think they are doing any hardcopies, just digital?
  4. Elostirion Well-Known Member

My local gamestop doesnt know that an EQ2 expac which releases tomorrow exists. Of course, that's not abnormal for Gamestop. But if there is no hardcopy, and therefore there is no account key which could even unofficially be transferred...then yeah, therein lies a problem.
  5. Salavar Active Member

That is because they are not releasing this on the retail market, it is download from SOE only.
  6. Salavar Active Member

There are no keys like when you buy a boxed version, you buy the x-pac from SOE and download it via the launcher, that's the only way to get it
  7. napu Member

i bought a key for the last everquest 1 expansion off of ebay, so there is apparantly some way of getting them even if they are download only.
  8. Peeler New Member

You can only buy it from soe. Unless you figure out a way, or come to an arrangement with a player ingame to sell them your plat, in return for them to drop $40 bucks on a prepiad credit card. Which I believe is not sometint that makes SOE happy.

Stand your ground, if you don;t want to buy it, don;t. I know I am waiting for expac kronotokens
  9. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

EQ1 is not eq2 - they announced the COE will ONLY be digital - there is no key, they will not be a key as of now
  10. Perkunas New Member

bump, get a dev on this idea