Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. Airros Active Member

Is there an actual point to this run-on sentence? I don't see how this thread could be just about your dubbed "Krono Market B" that doesn't even exist without the actual source. /boggle
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Its the Illuminati! *sighs* Norratian economy is run by a secret evil organization, which unfortunately, no one we know belongs to.
    Ceyllynn and Airros like this.
  3. Eles Well-Known Member

Community Service :D

Supply and Demand: Crash Course Economics #4

lets apply for norrathian welfare support :p
    Jeeshman and Laiina like this.
  4. Airros Active Member

lol, love the examples they used...from strawberries to human organs...Good stuff!
    Eles likes this.
  5. Datoon Active Member

Eles. I've got 6 Alt's! Can I claim Alt benefit for all of them? Even if they're on a different server?
    Please can you advise what forms I need to fill in... Also can you advise where I get the food tokens from and at which Merchant I can redeem them?

Yours, truly desperate...
    Eles likes this.
  6. Gilasil Active Member

From the rampant inflation it's obvious to me that huge amounts of plat are entering the economy. I just sold a USD purchased Krono for 125,000 plat. A few months ago I sold one for 25K and a few months before that it was around 6.5 K. Before that it was around 800 plat. This is nuts.

It reminds me of the stories I heard of post WW I Germany where the inflation was so bad people started burning paper money in their coal stoves instead of coal as the coal was worth more. In both that case and the case here in EQ2 it boils down to the government basically printing way too much money (i.e. allowing too much plat to enter the economy).

As the problem is plat entering the economy complaining about things like SLR for example is irrelevant. Transactions between players aren't the problem. Plat entering the economy is.

Ironically, Daybreak controls the plat entering the economy. Either it's an exploit which they need to fix or it's a legit way of making plat which needs to be reigned in.

Dumping this much plat into the economy isn't really helping most people . Inflation sees to that. There will still be about the same number of Krono available. Daybreak isn't going to sell more Krono.
    HaphazardAllure and Meneltel like this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Gilasil, one of the anecdotes of post WW1 Germany that always stuck in my mind was "You took your money to the store in a wheelbarrow and put the groceries you bought into your wallet to take home". About what it is now when you buy a krono with plat these days...
  8. Avithax Well-Known Member

6 Alts doesn't qualify, you need a minimum of 10 alts and then you need to stand in line in your local starter city for 3 hours killing rats.
    Eles likes this.
  9. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Someone last night said there was a plat dup still going, not the vendor one.

Of course the person wouldn't give details so he may have just been fanning the flames.

On My server they list at 140k plat.
  10. Datoon Active Member

So where in your opinion does the plat sold on the 3rd party web sites come from? How does that materialise?
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

All above do not explain why we see plat influx and price inflation .. Btw. I do NOT see any notable decrease on rare pieces of collections ... medium tier fluctuate greatly common parts yes getting cheaper...
    Just to repeat my point - no I do not see notable plat harvest increase in neither AS nor Heroics from trash drops ... plat trinkets are very rare in TOT and very common on AoM -easiest example is compare AoM/Traquil Sea/Lizard dungeon and say TOT - KP. Both about same size (AoM even smaller) both take less then 12 minutes to clean up, both have 90 minute lock out timer... In AoM you can easy get around 60+ plat per run and in TOT at most you going to get 10pp (in junk look and selling for gold loot from bosses).
    12 year verterans reward aren't THAT much money influx for 2 reason - not that many 12 years old veterans and reward itself not that big - 365 tokens? which translates into 73x500 = 36500 plat which is nothing in TOT .. Think for a second ... dirt encrusted keys are sold in bulk ... 100 keys = 60k easy and ppl buying 1000nds of them... Any hot pieces of heroic loot (mount w/o color, kerafim rite charms) - sells for anywhere from 150 to 500k ... So question is where from cash influx coming from?
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

I think a lot of it has been there for weeks and months. A few thousand people spending 20P a day can add up.
    Eles likes this.
  13. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

a few thousand ...
    a) they do not need to spend but generate plat
    b) 20x even on 5000 is merely 100k ... influx of 100k per day in economy won't be even notable and here is why
    1. over duration of day several millions of plat change hands - extra 100k even 1M would not be terribly notable
    2. more importantly people who do have a lot plat DO infuse their gear ... naturally full infusion of single piece cost between 50 to 100k which translates between 1 to 2M per person - thus plat siphoning rate far greater then influx ..... unless I am missing something regard plat generation in game
    p.s. of course I am missing few other mechanism to siphon plat out of game .. trade skills come to mind, unkeep of mercs (and you said if few thousands of ppl send 5-6 plat per day for unkeep it will add up ;))
    Mystery still remains ... how come plat comes IN economy faster that it goes OUT?
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I don't think that many people are infusing their gear much beyond a certain limit. The payoffs don't equal the costs, at least in my opinion. Its a nice idea, to specialize your gear how YOU want, but too slow, too costly and too annoying. But I give Dev a thumbs up for trying. Not everything is a success and if you fail, you don't deserve a thumbs down for failure.
    Airros likes this.
  15. Airros Active Member

No...it IS definitely helping DBG though, and they ARE selling more Kronos because people are buying them just to cash in on the plat they can get for them...The way I see it?...this was planned to get people to do just that...buy Kronos. ;)

I agree, Meneltel, for the majority of people, but those that have the millions, are doing it...it's not about the ROI for them, its about capping their gear because they can.
  16. Datoon Active Member

The Elite's pricing and playing the ordinary folks out of the game... This is how they control the raiding, gear etc.. So they can control the SLR... Etc. They are effectively in control of the whole games economy.
    One of the first things I noticed when I started playing this game, is how the Elites control the market, It's a fact.. So the question is, who are these Elites...?

Bet you would have a hard time finding out!
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

If the new spike in krono price is being caused by another plat exploit, as some here seem to suspect, then I'd like to propose that the exploit is in content no later than KoS. In less than 24 hours on Stormhold the price of krono has gone from 93p to 193p.
  18. Meneltel Well-Known Member

As I said before: Its the Illuminati! *sighs* Norratian economy is run by a secret evil organization, which unfortunately, no one we know belongs to.
  19. Eles Well-Known Member

More than illuminati is DBG, , is a win for them and win for us. They produce Kronos and they sell it. I need one, they sell me one. So is a voluntary exchange. I can use the krono to pay my sub or just sell it on broker.

"Dave “SmokeJumper” Georgeson indicated that this new currency would be a safer option for players to bypass the whole nail-biting “handoff” associated with the current SC-for-Plat trading scheme. It would also help cut out gold farmers and fraud." -EQ2Wire

-avirodar

-detor

p.s.
    im not selling my krono for 100p
  20. Faker New Member

I've never bought a Krono before, but this thread has me tempted. I think I'll buy one, sell it for whatever, buy all my toons masters and be done with it.