Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. Daray Well-Known Member

While (potentially) lower supplies of krono and people manipulating the markets are reasons for the higher prices, people are overlooking some of the other factors.

- People used to dupe kronos in their hundreds/thousands and kept supply artifically high. Still not sure if DGC have put an end to this given the other dupes still going on.
    - There have been a lot of duping loopholes over the last couple of years, some of which DBC still haven't closed after months. Some ultimately let you print unlimited currency. More currency in the market, higher prices all round and the general player base will feel the impact of that.
    - People see the conversion rate they can get from the gold spammers and use that as a basis on which to price kronos.
    - Some probably even opt to go to these 3rd party websites to buy their plat (better price, and faster turn around than waiting on DBC systems to put the krono in your inventory so that you can then attempt to sell it - and they probably don't even consider the security implications of doing so).
    Livejazz and Charlice like this.
  2. SteelPiston Active Member

It's going to be funny when the only players left are all trying to sell Krono to each other. :)
    Fetish and Wintir like this.
  3. Detor Active Member

And in that case - they don't sell, and the price comes down.

There was a post almost just like this back in Sept 2013 (found it when I tried looking up the exact Smokejumper quote), and there people were complaining that the price had jumped from 500pp to 900pp, and you had people coming in swearing they'd never pay 1,000pp. All the same 'it's the fault of X, no, it's Y doing it, no, blame Z' was posted then too .

This is the way of things - money enters the game in far greater amounts than it leaves the game and each new expansion only gives more and more pp for everyday things like dailies and cash loot from kills. Things like resellers can only affect things temporarily - if they try to price things higher than people will pay then they just sit there unsold until they are forced to lower their price by new sellers undercutting them on the broker.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...e-krono-inflation.539415/page-19#post-5969027
    Livejazz and Avirodar like this.
  4. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

If "buy low, sell high" of volatile commodities is now "farming", then me and many others need to get a straw hat, a rake, and a set overalls...
    daicia, Trakka, Livejazz and 5 others like this.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

The price on the broker has put them out of reach of > 50% of the population (very conservative figure) Those of you "buying low and selling high" are slowly but surely destroying the game... what are you going to do with all that plat when no one else is left to play? In fact what are you doing with all that plat now?
    Wintir likes this.
  6. Alarra Well-Known Member

I gave up buying Kronos when the price went over 3kpp. I ended up switching to the 12 month sub. Now that DBG has changed from SOE, my bank no longer puts a ban on the transaction.
    I still have 3 left in my inventory that I will keep to help friends out when they are in a tight spot.
  7. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

The market will continue whether I play it smart or play it dumb. You're suggesting I either not play it at all, or play it dumb to make others feel better.

I'm sorry, but I can't do that. I invested in those things for a reason. Those who find the plat cost of commodities too high can either go get them for free via in-game means, or in the case of krono (which, btw, I do not deal in), can buy them from ex-Sony at the real money cost.
    Livejazz and suka like this.
  8. Wurm Well-Known Member

For free? It takes a normal player a very long time to make the 8500 (or more) plat a krono is going for now by "just playing the game". Nothing is free in this game, making plat at the very least takes time and time is not free.

And yes I am exactly saying people need to stop playing the krono market. There becomes a point when one has so much plat from flipping kronos they no longer know what to do with it.

But yes I know its silly of me to expect humans not to be greedy.
    Wintir likes this.
  9. Charlice Well-Known Member

Target the krono sellers. They are affecting every single server. Most players playing the broker, are only on one server.

I believe the krono sellers are doing more to up the price of krono, than any player/s is/are. I also believe the plat/krono sellers are duping it. And I'll even go one step further now and say that due to DBG doing absolutely nothing about it, I almost hope that is the case.

Haven't you noticed how every now and then 'someone' will list krono at around 5k on the broker when everyone else has theirs listed at 7-9? That is when I buy mine.
    Watch for the price of krono to go down in channel, and I'm sure the price will be reflected on the broker.
  10. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

I'll repost what I said again, since you seem to have missed it:

Those who find the plat cost of commodities too high can either go get them for free via in-game means, or in the case of krono (which, btw, I do not deal in), can buy them from ex-Sony at the real money cost.

Note I did not say kronos can be obtained for free, and specifically disclaimed that. I said that other in-game commodities can, through playing the game.

For krono, if you don't like the in-game cost of them, you can always purchase them through an approved RMT.
    Livejazz, suka and Avirodar like this.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

I didn't miss what you said, I just don't agree with it.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Yeah but unless you are lucky and happen to be on the broker at the moment someone puts them up for that price you are SOL. Because a flipper will grab all of them and jack up the price right back to the 7 or 9 again. I have enough plat that I could be a flipper too, but I refuse to do it, I still can remember when plat was precious and hard to get, and I'd rather not make a profit off my fellow players chance to go all access. I make enough plat selling shinies for silly money.
    Jaden likes this.
  13. Charlice Well-Known Member

I buy them to use. I couldn't be bothered with broker nonsense, I got lucky with the kronos.
    And I know what you mean, I give away more 'stuff' than I sell.
    Wurm likes this.
  14. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Supply and demand - the price they SELL for depends on the buyers - the price they are OFFERED for is the depends on the sellers. Problem lies with the falling population - less sellers = less supply = less competition.
    suka likes this.
  15. Beee Well-Known Member

As long as Krono has a real value ($ to buy) and players see the value in games (usefull benefit of AllAccsess, eg 500 SC, 10% platin benefit), players will buy Krono.

A few years ago it took days to get the fist Platin, now you get tons within minutes. In reality this is called Inflation, and ingame it's the same mechanisms.
    Because of this behavior I promise: You will see Krono prices 10k+ soon, and they keep raising as song as they are usefull,.:)
    suka likes this.
  16. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Also if you think about it just another play style when done this way. Why not buy low and sell for a profit...it's called playing the market. I seriously doubt that those who do it this way are the issue at. Like I've seen said someplace else....the MAJOR issue is the folks who go to these third party websites and purchase from them....it's called supply and demand. If there was no demand there would be no supply by these third party folks.

Her husband is legitimately playing the game. The third parties are the scam artist. Remember that those type of sites also steal information for the purpose of identity theft and hacking. And this reaps them much more then the plat or kronos they sell.
    I've done the same as her hubby has done. I will purchase a krono and sell it to help my toons get going. I'm in the process of building a guild so it comes in handy at times. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I also will look for popular items in general and if I find them cheap I'll buy them and resell for a profit. Again, just another aspect of game play.
    suka, Griff and Xirena like this.
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

Legitimate players can survive on 3 krono per account per server (just a random number I pulled out of my buttocks). There is no reason to move them from server to server because it's an account wide upgrade. But blocking server krono xfer is only one small piece of the puzzle. Something needs to be done.

Suggestion:
    3 kronos per account, per server, per month
    Eliminate the ability to transfer krono's from server to server.
    Increase the price of krono's to $25 and combine them with character transfer tokens. (knocks out the server merge debate)
    Only allow 1 transfer of the token and then make it no trade (a claim pattern type of mechanic)
    Allow up to 10 kronos on accounts that paid for all access via credit card or debit card.

There. Now you have a thriving economy, reasons for legitimate players to invest in kronos and fixed the population problem in one foul swoop. I'm guessing this would satisy everyone but the plat selling websites and players that own 300 kronos and keep manipulating the market. Daybreak will see a sharp increase in revenue as a direct result and players will once again have an affordable krono option. Better yet, just add 2500 station cash as an option to the krono. Now demand just shot through the roof.

As a side not let's not forget EQNext and Landmark. Players that have 300 kronos from this game never need to pull out their credit cards when those games launch. The devs should attack this now if they intend Next to be another FTP platform. By helping us lower the krono price and prevent hoarders now, they in turn help themselves later. The plat selling companies will always find a way to beat the system but this would throw a wrench in their spokes.
    Stabaholic likes this.
  18. Wintir Active Member

Bah, do away with the Krono outright. We lived quite nicely without it for years. EARN your plat, you lazy bastages. Spend your real money on your girlfriend/wife. Watch how fun Allied Faction can be with her /Groucho Marx Eyebrows ;)
    Jaden and Charlice like this.
  19. Serenaheq2 Active Member

Interesting ideas but what do you do with the people who already have more than the 3 kronos per account? The things do have a real world dollar amount after all... doubt you could just say "sorry... all but 3 are gone... have a nice day"
    suka likes this.
  20. Thetmes Active Member

Here is how to fix the issue

Only pay what you as a player are willing to pay for a krono ( in plat that is ) If people are only willing to pay 500 plat for a krono then the going rate will drop to 500 plat or less. Its that simple. If you as a player are not willing to pay more than x for it don't buy it, buy one direct from DBG. If you cannot afford or are willing to pay the price of a krono from DBG direct. That is your choice ( if you are not willing to pay it that is ). If you are unable to afford the price due to real life money issues well. Well I am not sue what to say........... I can think of several things none of them would be taken the right way though so I will just leave it at that.
    Livejazz, suka, Charlice and 4 others like this.