Krono Cost on the Rise

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ZUES, May 19, 2015.

1. Krov Active Member

I like to bring up something I did personally , that was not mentioned, There was a point on AB where a Krono was roughly 20 k. I had about 1.2 million plat and when I found out the TLE was coming out + server merges I liquidated all my plat into Krono. I have a ton all legit and have no intention on playing on live soo .. there just sitting on my account currently. As TLE moved from expansion to expansion I released a few at a time never flooding the market , but enough to cover all my experts and gear for the tier on day one + a little side cash. I know personally I'm not the only one that did this.
  2. Xper Well-Known Member

Just to be clear, are you saying you don't believe that there is currently any dupes in eq2, or that duping isn't a thing that ever happens? Because (a) dupes are introduced/found with reasonable regularity, and (b) based on (a), it'd be pretty bold to think that there aren't any dupes just because you don't know of any.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

You do realize it is not just a violation of the Forums policies of conduct to discuss in detail exploits, but also a breach of the Terms of Service for EQ2. In other words, if someone was to fulfil your curiosity the post would be deleted and the punishment would more than likely be a loss of forum privileges or an out right ban on the account.
    claudia6913 and Adevil like this.
  4. Adevil Well-Known Member

Krono each have a unique ID which allows Daybreak to track them. Duping happened once, shortly after they were introduced to the game. Not since.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

It's also Daybreak wide. You can buy krono in EQ and sell them in EQ2, etc.
  6. Adevil Well-Known Member

Excluding the TLEs.
    claudia6913 and Jaden like this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Who said SLR? No one in their right mind would try to SLR anything out of the old raid zones.

The chest plat nerf that was applied to the raid instances is only a nerf if you solo them (plat scales to # of players). If someone bots a full raid, then PR type raid zones likely still drop good plat. I don't even 2-box, so can't test that.
  8. Lamatu Active Member

On Maj'Dul in general chat tonight it was reported that a certain item could be purchased for 1 copper and resold for 10 plat.

This allows a person to make 50k a hour.

Already sent a message to a DEV on the forums with the details.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

Did you verify that the item could be purchased and resold in that way before alerting a dev?
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Long ago, in EQ, there was a smithing recipe where you bought stuff, combined and sold for a decent profit, not that big, worth doing... with a bot... I had reported a player acting odd one night... as it was teleporting without spells. Figured out it was buying and selling and smithing, so I put a rusty dagger in the forge when it wasn't there as that's part of a smithing recipe. A player would have removed it... but he didn't... just stood there, for a few hours... I quickly started checking the forums and talking to guildies and soon we found out what was going on, but by then, the money supply was ruining the bazaar as all the good stuff was bought up. I hope DBG is in time to save our economy. Its already damaged, but not ruined, yet.
  11. Wurm Well-Known Member

Certainly not from the small amount of plat that gold players are getting from the plat bags, even with the amount raised to 500 for 5 and / or the 12 year reward of 30,000 (give or take a few hundred) plat.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Why should he test it? He reported it, it's the dev's job to test it.
  13. Adevil Well-Known Member

Because reporting unverified rumors waste a devs time?

My brother's sister-in-law's cousin's nephew said that you could....that's sort of what General Chat provides.
    Laiina likes this.
  14. forumguy3419 Member

You mean well, probably, but I hope nobody's gullible enough to "test" it.
  15. Laiina Well-Known Member

The 50K an hour is exaggerated, as there was back and forth travel time involved, but either way that has been squished so you can't do it any more. 50K = 1000 transactions an hour..
  16. Laiina Well-Known Member

The plat bags can add up to quite a bit. If you figure that with earned and vet reward you could have 1000 loyalty points, multiplied by a few thousand accounts, it puts a lot of plat into the game.

Biggest problem I see right now though is that there are really no plat sinks to eat up excess money. The Infusion system was supposed to do that, but from what I see most players are not buying any until they get that "final bestest ever" gear setup. I don't know know anyone that has spent much on it - a few have bought 1 or 2 just to try it, but that is about it.
  17. Jaden Well-Known Member

-------------------
    Thanks for pointing that out Adevil; noted.
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

I'm not going to put my account at risk to test an exploit. And frankly it's the devs job to test exploit reports.
    Prissetta likes this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

Still not the main reason we have so much plat floating around. The age of the game is the main reason, that and like you said not having any worthwhile plat sinks in the game. I'm not wasting my plat to gamble on making my gear better. If I was to get a guaranteed result I'd be a lot more willing to infuse for plat. And plat is like real money the vast majority of it lays in the hands of the few not the many.
  20. Eles Well-Known Member

i wish use plat to buy ethereal runes and duck myth hat :(