Kraylith's Curse of the Toad

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Capt.Ahab, Nov 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Capt.Ahab Guest

What does this change chars into? Anyone know?

Thanks All
  2. ARCHIVED-Cudadown Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Capt.Ahab Guest

OUCH was in denile....I didn't think they would do it :(
  4. ARCHIVED-TyphonX Guest

i didnt get that spell at 20
  5. ARCHIVED-Peabody3000 Guest

Can the warlok change himself as well?
  6. ARCHIVED-Isiana Guest

I didn't recive that one at level 20, was it removed?
  7. ARCHIVED-Ghostal Guest

You don't get it automatically. You buy it in the QH scribe shop. Cost is around 15s.
  8. ARCHIVED-furri Guest

Yes. You can cast this spell on one person. When you cancel it or attempt to cast it on someone else, it will break the toad illusion on the original target and then a 10minute reuse timer is in effect.
  9. ARCHIVED-Isiana Guest

funny :) well worth the 15 sp :p
  10. ARCHIVED-Dravus Guest

Lamest fluff spell ever. A frog...

Let's see, what other cool looking transformation spells do other classes get...
    Horse
    Cat
    Wraith
    Rook
    Bear (that's all I can think of off the top of my head)

A warlock, a mage of unprecidented evil, turns himself or another person into, A FROG. Run for the hills! I feel violated for having spent the silver on purchasing it. Other than that, Warlocks are great.
  11. ARCHIVED-Clownwrangler Guest

This spell behaves strangley. First it has a 2 hour timer. I can cast it one someone and when I immediately try to cast it on someone else, it cancels. However if I wait a while, I can cast it on someone else again. (Group only).

At one time, I chain casted it on everyone in my group right after another. Think the way it behaves is a bit buggy. And yes you can cast it on yourself. Zoning makes it break but it appears then when it breaks in this way, the timer is reset.

You can get it in North freeport in the big mage building... he feather on your map.
  12. ARCHIVED-Feena Guest

This is a very highly annoying spell in groups. Make sure that you take it off if people start mentioning how annoying it is. The frog crokes twice a second and never stops....ever. It's bad enough when one person is in this form, but when you have 3+ people in the same group in this form you might as well just turn your sound off. You won't be able to hear anything other then the frogs. Last group I was in, the warlock pissed off everyone in the group because he kept doing frog form on everyone, even pets, and were close to kicking them out.
  13. ARCHIVED-DruidKing Guest

This spell seems to have disappeared, where did it go?
  14. ARCHIVED-Aweyen Guest

Managed to purchase it off one of the scribes in the Academy in NFP, so it should still be around.
    The guildies I group with queue up to be "toaded"! I think turning down some of the sound options is a must with the incessant croaking though.
  15. ARCHIVED-Logbash Guest

Has anyone purchased this recently in Qeynos? Where id you find it? Seems to be gone from the Scribe in QH.

edit: NM, I found it from the scribe in the building across the street from the scribe building, where the guild forming dude is.
    Message Edited by Logbash on 11-23-2004 08:16 PM
  16. ARCHIVED-Sriel Guest

What you never ever saw some fantasy movie or read a fantasy book....???!!???? Wizards Witches and Warlocks are always threatening to turn you into a Toad... its a classic :) I mean I think even in the latest Harry Potter series its the stock threat hehehe

--S
  17. ARCHIVED-DruidKing Guest

Found it in the Eldarr Woods, sage in the tree.
  18. ARCHIVED-Krelfearius Guest

I think its actually worth pointing out that on all the other mage classes spells they get "Illusion (so and so)". The warlocks line of toad, bat, and rat are not illusions. He is actually transforming the character into a toad, not just making other creatures THINK he is one by fooling them. I think this really does it for me personally and I hope as time goes by SOE adds special traits that come with each cursed form.
  19. ARCHIVED-Wezard Guest

Dude...a zombie, skeleton, a snake,spider, something else venomous, or anything! but not a frog! come on SOE....lets be real, not cute. this isnt WoW.

Infernozero-21 warlock, Blackburrow server

a friking frog...honestly
  20. ARCHIVED-winddrake Guest

Personally I love the idea of turning someone into a frog! I thought that is was going to be aimed at turning enemies into frogs, but this is much cooler to me. Now I can't wait to be a warlock!