Kralet Penumbra: Uzula Deep (Event Heroic) final named

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Rainmare, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Rainmare Well-Known Member

the final fight in this zone is frustratingly random, with no clear indication of what to do or how to counter it. he does 'Thought Graze' where the only message anyone gets is 'Urzzra-Uzulu siphons thoughts from one of it's enemies' no indication of who, or how, or what can be done to avoid it. it gives him a random seemingly amount of increments of a buff, that powers his next attack, Thought Overload. 1 or 2 increments is doable, but if he gets anymore then that, it's an instant wipe. and there's nothing, no text, no message, no buff or debuff or anything to know how he's getting increments. you only get to see how many he got about 2 seconds before Thought Overload casts.

Does anyone know hwo to avoid it, how to counter it? we've tried jousting, we've tried hiding form his line of sight, we've tried spreading out around the room...and the amount he gets still seems to be completely random and instant wipes if it's more then 2.

and if not, can a dev at least put something in there to let us know how he's tallying his increments?
    Noizette likes this.
  2. CodyF86 Member

Assuming you're answering his questions correctly, we just pulled him into the hall where you zone in. He was very tough though and we are geared fairly well. He is definitely the toughest heroic boss I've fought. Sorry I couldn't answer your exact question though.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

I have found distance works better.

His attacks are either low range AE or frontals, so I get the group to stay by the zone in and tank him in the opening facing away from group.

The responses to the talking I find the hardest to get right, and obviously it's harder when wrong. I'm still struggling to determine the right response for allof them.
  4. Rainmare Well-Known Member

what we've been having problems with is his 2 abilities, not the questioning. we haven't even gotten past/to the first question session but 1 time.

here's what's killing us.

he does an emote, saying that he's siphoning the thoughts of one of his enemies, he casts a spell called Thought Graze. you can't stun/stifle/interrupt it that we noticed. when he does that, he gets an incremental buff. the amount of increments he has, is how many times his immediately following ae, Thought Overload, hits you. each hit is roughly 700k damage. so if he's at 3 increments, the ae hits everyone for 2.1 mil. at 5 increments, it's 3.5 mil, ect.

we've tried jousting the AE, and even at 20-22 meters away, it still hits. the problem we're seeing is it seems completely random how many increments he gets. sometimes it's 1, sometimes 2, sometimes 3, and sometimes 5. if he gets anything above 2, it's a wipe, pretty much.

there's seems to be no indication of who he's siphoning from, how to prevent him from getting above 1 or 2 increments. we've tried max ranging, we've tried hiding, we've tried spreading out to see if that helps lower the increments, and so far nothing has worked.
  5. CodyF86 Member

From reading what you wrote I'm pretty sure the way it works is that it is a frontal AE, which means anyone caught in the frontal range when he starts determines how many increments he gets. If you have 3 people in range of his frontal when he starts 3 increments, that is why you should tank him how Regolas suggestion (how we did it also) and stay in the hall and tank him down in the far corner you can see from zone in with his back facing the group and the tank in the corner.

Also the answer to all the questions is dependent on the class he is asking. You answer the question with the answer that sounds most like your class.

It doesn't matter who is in frontal range when it goes off but when he starts doing his thing before that.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

except we tried that. when we tried it we put the entire group in the far corner by the brazier, and I was in the opposite corner on the other side of the room. there's 30 meters of distance between me and the rest of the group there, so max range was easy to get. it was still completely random how many increments we got. it was also the only time we got the questioning phase. he got like 5 rounds of the ae off, and we got a 1, then a 2 then 2 then 1 then 5. he never turned around, I never lost aggro on him. and even at 20+ meters, the following AE nuke still hit everyone. so once he got 5 increments, it was a wipe.
  7. ZUES Well-Known Member

Hi frontal cone is massive. The only safe zone is a tiny little wedge behind him. Pull him near the entrance and have your group stand at the door. Tank him near the group in the foyer, back facing group. Death prevent with the blue emote. Tell the group to revive if they die. The flying adds never come in there either. You want 200 mil dps for this fight. The incriments come from wrong answers and deaths. If you get 3 or more it's a wipe.

The scout answer is "Sorry Pal.".
    Kraeref likes this.
  8. Noizette Active Member

So, taking the advice in this thread, group stood near exit to zone, tank outside the doorway. Tried ignoring adds and burning named, and burning adds down and then turning attention to named, and both ways he gets a damage shield and we can't figure out how to get him to drop it. Doesn't seem to be anything to click anywhere that we can see.

[EDIT] OK, next pull we figured out what the problem is. Camera angle in the entrance way is meaning that sometimes the dialogue choices are not showing on the screen, and you can't move the camera around enough to be able to display them all properly...
  9. Loran Member

I've killed this mob with no issues and around 70mil groupwide dps, just need to not get more than 3 stacks of the thoughtgraze buff which seems to be both a PBAoE and 270-300 degree conical aoe of greater radius. I would love it if the devs would fix HM oddly casting the attack ten times when it displayed only two buffs once on me (can provide timestamp from logs if that would help).

Edit: Groups were primarily solo-geared single healer PuGs with a zerker tank.
  10. Kraeref Well-Known Member

To add. SPOILERS...

The mage answer is Arcane knowledge.
  11. Chrol Developer

Thought Overload will have a 20 meter range with the next update, which will be stated in Urzzra-Uzulu's Thoughts Grazed spell icon. Also, Thought Graze will drain a bit more power.
  12. Loran Member

Any word on the stoneskin not being properly removed on occasion after a failed answer?
  13. Tomshindo Active Member

By the way , I encountered the bug which disappointed me. When I confront on 3rd NMD with challenge mode, which adds other 2 mobs I slained before, it occurred. The NMD becomes transparent if the 2 mobs came closer to it, what caused the bug. As soon as I defeated last mob, it became transparent and the script changed to anything like ' conversation '. My Grp could nothing but stand still. AE didn't work anything. Developers, please check it out.
  14. Chrol Developer

Found both of these bugs and have fixes in for them. Thanks!
  15. Loran Member

Thanks Chrol.
  16. Tipperton Member

This last boss is super tough. We have tried many times & many different strategies, yet we still haven't downed him lol.
    Curious as to what is needed to do to kill him? Do we kill the adds on normal mode?

How do we prevent the Named from AOE wiping us? We usually make it to the first question, sometimes answers are OFF the screen, so cannot answer, but most of the time we are able to answer & answer correctly, then BOOM, we are all dead!

We have tried the strategy of fighting him in the hallway near zone entrance/exit, seems like it works best there simply because when the Octopus heads spawn, they don't bother us, but it does seem odd that we have to fight him there just to survive for a few seconds longer.

And what is the deal with the Octopus heads? Cant kill them, cant mitigate them, cant avoid them, cant survive when they do come out....wth, is the point in having them?

We tried the fight on challenge mode too, just to see the difference, but we ended with same result, just quicker.

None of us care if we die a billion times trying to figure out these fights & strategies, but there has to be a point when something we do is RIGHT. Answer question Right, then get wiped??? What is the point in answering the question right if it's just going to Wipe us? Might as well answer it wrong & revive at entrance!

There are times when the Boss does something & wipes us & we have NO IDEA what it was! It doesn't show in combat logs, doesn't show in ACT, doesn't show anywhere. There are times when the boss will do its Siphoning TWICE back to back, then BOOM! We are reviving again. IF we leave the adds up, then they will randomly target people in the group & 1 Shot them; yet if we attempt to kill the adds, nobody is watching the boss & we get wiped again because the boss is still doing its Siphoning & casting. Its a no win deal. We laugh a lot, but we have to because this is so frustrating & annoying that if we didn't laugh, we would probably NEVER enter that zone willingly again.

Also, we have tried with MANY different group set ups. 2 Healers; Low DPS (20-40m group-wide); Medium DPS (60-80m Group-wide); 1 healer, 2 tanks, coercer, illusionist, different style DPS; Yet NOTHING works. We may not be "ELITE" but damn, we would like to be able to COMPLETE the "Heroic" zone.
  17. Tipperton Member

One more thing, it sure WOULD be NICE & Helpful if someone would do a decent write up of this zone & the strategy SOMEWHERE, like WIKI...hint hint...LOL
  18. Drax Member

The positioning of the four questions on screen is both random and poor.

We fought and beat this encounter last night and several members of the group encountered this problem.

Usually the questions would appear towards the bottom right hand corner of the screen underneath several other UI boxes (hot bars, clock, maintained spells and so on). It was sometimes possible to use F10 to enable the UI windows to be dragged out of the way sufficiently to reveal the 4 questions. Repositioning the camera angle and/or zooming in or out sometimes (but not always) helped too.

On two occasions the 4 questions were almost completely off screen to the right and no amount of camera juggling made them visible.

As far as we could tell there doesn't appear to be any way to reposition the 4 questions so that they reliably appear in a visible, central location on screen.

This is already a difficult encounter without the added complication of a silly UI issue. If it isn't possible to get the questions to present correctly on screen maybe it could be changed so that the person chosen had to go and correctly click one of the 4 coloured orbs sitting on the platform further into the room instead?

Dev input on this would be very welcome please.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

As a healer, it's just not feasible to read through the question and all the answers to figure out the correct on while trying to keep the group alive..
    DPS can afford to lower dps for a few seconds... healers can't stop healing..
  20. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The archetype answers are the same everytime, figure it out once and you are golden.

Just learn the first two words of your answer and then you can basically see the correct answer instantly every time.