Kp2 invite?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Scottyxlr8, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Scottyxlr8 New Member

I keep seeing KP2 invites or the like. I'm guessing this is a raid? This sounds like fun to progress to this level of play from soloing. It looks like one just asks for an invite? Where do they meet? (for this or other raids) or is one teleported? Is there a guide or something already written out for this or other raids that I could be directed to? Enquiring minds want to know!
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Kylong Plains #2.. just Public Quest :)
    Kittybock likes this.
  3. Scottyxlr8 New Member

Alright, thank you, how do I go about starting it?
  4. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

The public quests reoccur at an approximate interval, i.e. 3hour cooldown, 3.5, or 4, these in the case of Kylong Plains Ill Omen Public Quest.
    Others are found in Fens of Nathar, and Jarsath Wastes.
    these, however, seem to tend around a 2 hour cooldown before returning,...
  5. Scottyxlr8 New Member

Sweet! Is there a 'gathering place', I imagine?
  6. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Aye, for Jarsath Wastes, the huge Iksar statue that can be seen from the docks, when there are Droag flying around it, that quest is soon to be active; a Danak Iksar Messenger riding a rhino carries the quest and stops basically under the statue.

The Fens of Nathar quest giver is on ledge overlooking the Field of Bone close to Kurn's Tower; there you will find a Herald atop a green horse.

In Kylong Plains, North East of Karnor's Castle one will find a Fisherman on a cliff overlooking the Lake of Ill Omen.

when active, each of these will be seen by a circle on one's map.
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  7. Scottyxlr8 New Member

Thanks, Ceyarreks!
  8. Steelviper Active Member

Also, since I didn't see them described much anywhere else, here are the main strategies for each public quest:

Kylong Plains
    -----------------

A fisherman NPC stands at the cliff of the big ocean gap between the docks and the post near the zone-in to Fens of Nathsar. Hail him to get a daily mission. When the huge tentacles jump out of the water and the Yha-Lei fish mobs appear all over there, you can fly down (it becomes solid ground) to the circle.
    The goal is to kill 100 Yha-Lei mobs until the huge epic x4 Hydra spawns. It has to be dragged over the huge tentacles, each tentacle removes one of it's 10 damage-reduction stacks, which is usually being done by a tank. When all stacks are gone, just dps until the Hydra is dead, and be careful when it knocks you up in the air - if you land on one of the top platforms, and jump down without some kind of slow fall, you'll die.

Jarsath Wastes
    -------------------

Mission giver is the herald on a rhino mount, not far from the docks, behind the huge gate just in front of the huge statue on a hill nearby. The statue awakes and begins marching to Battlements of Ganak, which when reached, will abort the public quest as "failed".
    The goal is to kill the droag mobs around the catapults, repair the catapults along the way, and fire them at the statue. Doing so forces the statue to halt and kneel down for a while, at which point it's a good time to put out all on dps. Also droags will appear to try to mend the statue, they have to be killed quickly to prevent it, best way is to pull them close to the statue and let the AoE's of the players tear them apart.
    When the statue will get up and continues to march, rinse and repeat the above.

Fens of Nathsar
    --------------------

This one is the simplest I think. Mission giver is the Herald of Ganak, he'll appear on the cliff overlooking the dragon bones on the field below.
    The usually un-animated dragon bones (and ghostly dragon vision at night) take a form of a level 108 epic x4 big dragon. The goal is to dps him down, but all the bone golems around the dragon provide him damage reduction stacks, up to 200 (which equals to 100% damage immunity), and have to be killed before facing the dragon. As they spawn constantly during the fight, it's a good idea to move around and pull them close to where the players are piled up battling the dragon, so their AoE's can take care of the bone golems along the way.

Obulus Frontier
    --------------------

This one requires the completion of the Kunark Ascending signature questline (and basically most of the rest of the questline as the progress is interconnected).
    Mission giver is in the caves at the Greenmist Iksar, the one which gives the 4 Advanced Solo daily missions, at the most left of other mission givers.
    The goal is to kill all normal mobs which spawn around the small altar and the small plot before it. After all of the normal mobs has been killed, Xalgoz appears at the steps to the altar and once he's reduced to 1% health he becomes unnattackable and a short sequence starts, at the end of which the public quest is successfully completed.

Every public quests rewards a chest with random gear, which is rewarded each time the public quest is accomplished. That is in addition to the (doable once a day) mission which can be picked up, for a double reward.
    Gaelmyst and Petrofrog like this.
  9. Ucarenyes Member

The true problem is the instancing of the zone, while player are in KP# but others can't see it. Getting an invite from ppl inside that instance will grant you access to that zone in teleport hubs like bell
  10. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

If you are in the wrong instance and someone from the zone you want will invite you to group, you can right-click on their name and switch instances.
    Gaelmyst and Shmogre like this.
  11. Alittlerusty Member

Would be so much easyer if there's more then 5 players in the zone to add it on bell.
  12. harvash Active Member

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...for-kunark-ascending-pqs.576939/#post-6427534
  13. Lil Mantis Member

I did not know that. I always just either CoV'ed or used the bell once I was in the group.
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  14. Nero Active Member

Only works if none of the group members are in combat, which most of the time, especially for a PQ invite, they are, forcing you to still use the bell.
    Prissetta and Lil Mantis like this.
  15. Yado Active Member

I don't know why DEV won't place a portal at each of the PQ's like they did for the PQ's for the DoV expansion so you could switch to each instance of the zone. I also liked that if you went to the area and the PQ wasn't up a timer would show you when the next one was going to happen. Well the KP, FENS and JW PQ's could use said timer the one in OF is spawnable.
    Gaelmyst and Prissetta like this.
  16. Nixer Active Member

The only benefit here is that you can now USE a bell / spire / druid circle to get to the right zone instance.

Then once you get into right zone instance I'd recommend dropping group because once you get anywhere near the encounter you'll:
    a.) not be able to fly on your own mount
    b.) not be able to CoV {still}
    c.) movement speed will be Severely reduced
    Then getting to the actual encounter will take longer. This is somewhat mitigated by PQs that lie across in-zone flight paths using a Sokokar, such as Fens and KP where you can almost fly directly over the Messenger.

Using invites has allowed PQs with over 70 PCs in the zone. Trick is getting to the PQ in the right instance. And just getting an invite certainly helps with that.
    Gaelmyst, Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  17. Gudum Active Member

The biggest nuisance is that the JW PQ starts on its own even with noone in the zone, so its easy to miss if there is another PQ going on at the time.

In response to the initial poster, what generally happens is that once someone announces that a PQ is up, a lot of people head for the appropriate zone and quickly fill it up, so the server opens up a 2nd instance of the zone. The bell will then show both instances and give you a choice, or default to sending you to the new instance if the first is full. When the PQ ends, the zone quickly empties, and the server then tries to shut down the 2nd instance by removing it from the bell and defaulting to sending everyone to the first instance. Its pretty common for the PQ to spawn in the 2nd instance soon after it is created, so someone will stay in the zone to keep the server from shutting it down, and at that point the only way to enter the 2nd instance is to group with someone already there.
    Gaelmyst likes this.
  18. Mowse Well-Known Member

Having a timer or someway of knowing.. like maybe pre -set times the pq's would happen would be nice. When the kids are out and about they like to start calling PQs even when not happening, just to grin out people calling out "invite to KP" over and over without any responses............ because there is no PQ up.

Not to mention the "P" word , but back in the day, PVP server we knew exactly when the Warfields started. every two hours I think it was. For me on the west coast it was Even hours
  19. Petrofrog New Member

While we are chatting about the PQs, I hope you guys can give me some insight and advice on the following:

1) When I do a PQ on my Fury, nearly all spells get a message of "no effect" (I forget the actual text of the message but it appears on screen each time you cast). Even though the spells seem to work, the spells are AOE and the cool-down kicks off after they have been cast.

2) When I target the mob and use melee, in about 2 seconds it stops melee. I mean the orange icon with the swords, when you start melee that button is activated. With PQ it de-activates itself constantly and melee stops.

3) When I look at the parsing stats on a PQ, it is woeful (for me). When I solo in OF I am DPSing 11 million-13 million regularly, even up to 21 milion. I have parsed a single attack that did 55 million. But in the PQ I am DPSing 9,000 on average. My TOTAL damage inflicted is 3 million. The top DPSers are doing 50 million.

What am I doing wrong? Many thanks for your help.
  20. Nixer Active Member

I cannot offer any insight on Petrofrog's issues #1 & #2. But I can answer the #3 issue.

What is happening in the PQs is that Our dps is scaled back significantly. I see that we are now dealing about 1/1,000 th of what we do outside a PQ. This is true for everyone. Initially, the PQs had damage type that were not scaled back and folks using those damage types would practically wave their weapons at the mobs and they would die. Modifications were made to deal with those damage types but the scaling of everyone's DPS remains. It's a way to make the encounter last longer and a bit more challenging for all participants.
    Gaelmyst likes this.