KoS Vote Results and TLE KoS Beta Info

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

Hail Norrathians,

The vote to unlock Kingdom of Sky content on BOTH Stormhold (PvE) and Deathtoll (PvP) has passed. This content is scheduled to unlock to players on Thursday, January 7, 2016.

There are a lot of updates coming to Time-Locked Expansion servers after this content unlocks. To give you an idea of what’s coming:
    • Adventure, Tradeskill and Guild Level will be raised to 70
    • Alternate Advancement Subclass Window will be unlocked with a 50 AA cap
    • This launch will include a full balance pass for all TLE content level 30+, including existing encounters.
    • All blue stats, with the exception of crit bonus, will be available on the server.
    • Cloud Travel will be restored.
    • Spire Travel will be restored on Stormhold (PvE) and Deathtoll (PvP), and reverted to its original design, teleporting players every 5 minutes.
    To make sure this content is done right, we’re opening up the beta server to test these updates for Time-Locked Expansion servers. The beta server will remain available through the first week of January. If you’re an All Access Member, you’ll be flagged with access to the beta server!

Here is some information to help you get started in Beta:

How to provide testing feedback:
    How to copy your character over to the Beta server:
    • Log in a character Stormhold (PvE) or Deathtoll (PvP) and then type the /beta command.
    To patch and get into the Beta servers:
    • Open your station Launchpad
    • In the top-left corner, click the 'Version' link which will open the 'Select Game Version' panel
    • Choose 'Beta' in the drop-down menu and then hit 'Apply' to begin patching
    • Hit 'Play' once the patching completes
    Other Key Points:
    • Beta installs into a subfolder that takes about the same space as your live game version.
    • Remember to set the 'Version' back to your regular setting to access your normal server.
    • The Beta server may not be accessible at all times, as patching occurs when it is necessary.
    • The Beta server is wiped periodically, meaning Beta characters may be deleted with or without notice.
    We look forward to hearing your feedback and seeing you on the Beta server!
    HaphazardAllure, Xexhania and Draknox like this.
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

If you do all that is planned and balance the mobs accordingly, this could save the TLE servers.
  3. Roshen Well-Known Member

Check out the first balance pass on the beta! If you have feedback after you have a chance to check it out, be sure to share it with us on the beta forums.
    Draknox likes this.
  4. Koltik Active Member

Casting Speed on gear is not enabled.
    Your link to feedback forums leads to an error page.

EverQuest 2 Forums - Error

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  5. Liav Well-Known Member

Any beta buffs available? Would be cool if I could test things/AAs on a variety of characters but I don't have any 60s yet.

p.s.: fix beta forums plx
    Ishtara likes this.
  6. Thinwizzy Active Member

Yeah, I think more people would be interested in testing content if we didn't have to do the levelling process. I can't see to many people wanting to grind out their AA just to be wiped in a week. Content can't properly be tested without having full AA.
  7. Ramone_AB Active Member

No beta forums for KoS beta testing... sigh
  8. Liav Well-Known Member

Scout defensive stance mitigation focus effect isn't working still. Been like this since release, but I'd expect it to be working in KoS.
  9. Koltik Active Member

You guys literally did change every item, which is nice. Good to see that even all the relics were updated. I'm looking forward to a lot of the items as-is.

With that said, the Arm of Mithaniel Marr (Claymore 2.0 Mage reward) is a disappointment at the moment. Tarton's Wheel is still a comparable option unless this has hidden casting speed somewhere. Potency may slightly push it over Tarton's, but T5 vs T7..it's not a clear upgrade.

Will post lots more feedback once forums are up..
  10. Roshen Well-Known Member

Try again, and let me know if you continue to have issues accessing this subforum.
    Koltik likes this.
  11. Koltik Active Member

All set now. Thanks.
  12. Parasite New Member

Loving this. The TLE has been a great experience so far but I'm so glad for the improvements. I'll be checking out the test server soon. Thanks for the love!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sigh...it's not on the Test server, it's on the Beta server, which are two entirely different beasts; Public Test is the next best thing to a "real" server (only with some XP help and all the Advanced Volumes of recipes); no need to power level through everything like with Beta, only to get it wiped (you keep what you kill--er, loot, etc.). I sigh because I think it should be tested first on Beta, then on Test to make sure it's working well before release, but unfortunately, the TLE servers don't have a TLE (Test) there...though they really should. :-/

Uwk
  14. Catch22Ron New Member

anyone else noticing a trend in the xpac pollings thus far? 1st vote NO, 2nd vote YES. Both servers. Fudging the voting?
  15. Chocoholic Active Member

It's been pretty fast to me. Is this the xpac where everyone wants to slow down a bit? (I can't remember, but seems like ppl wanted to stop a while in KoS.).

Edit: I'm on Stormhold btw. It is interesting that both servers are moving forward at the same pace. It's going to be bad for me if DT stops and SH keeps voting expacs in LOL!!
  16. Eradani Well-Known Member

i hope we both stop for a bit. i'm locked adventure on all my toons < 40 but i sure would like to finish grinding tradeskills for a bit.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

this is complicated alone to get to the zone is aham "interesting" Than you get there you got to jump down a cliff
    as everybody knows but I did not know you cant get back up again the plants don't agro at all or maybe my I am just to fast.
    Got to do some more exploring I am a warlock thank you heaven but at least on Beta I will try to do things the hard way

And in my opinion the public test server would be better than a regular server if we had more people playing on it every now and than

you can get trades kills up pretty fast if you do writs .

now I also understand why we get a xp bonus till the end of the year that way more people can get to the level cap before we get the next x pack.
    I shall do some trade skill writs and level up my woodworker .
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

It would be nice if we got a reward for testing this new x pack something unique for the time locked servers.
  19. Eradani Well-Known Member

reward = game isn't quite so broken maybe
  20. Anoxia Member

When I look at my AA window, and hover my mouse cursor over Tradeskill AAs, it says they are unlocked during KoS.

Will you be unlocking them at the same time as AA Subclass, or will it be unlocked later into the KoS schedule?