KoS - Developer Gated Content

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ap0k, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Ap0k Member

Any dev's have plans on looking at the 3 contested encounters before EoF? We are ~3 months in and:
    • Hurricanus script is still broken. Dev meddling changed the entire encounter and the script is completely not working on the TLE, but is working on Live.
    • 3 Princes are un-killable in the current state.
    • MO is un-killable in the current state.
    Halls of Seeing:
    • Mistbound vidicators Epic x4 (x4) + Boss = mobs not clearable preventing guilds from progressing in HoS due to developer oversight, trash on this encounter has way too much HP for anyone else other than maybe 1 guild throwing hail mary's to clear.
    *Parses have been already sent in by multiple people. I am not asking for easy mode at all, I am asking for finely tuned encounters that we should be paying for. (I am all for Matron style tuning from back in the day, where encounter tweaks were applied to hotfixes, top guilds tested them; and when the best guild could barely clear it, it was left at that; however we get nothing even close to that style of tuning here, always one extreme or the next)

At the core of this game lies a great PvE game, but this whole KoS experience seems truly only gated by the developers overtuning encounters, leaving them neglected in that state for a few weeks/months and then calling it progression 2-3 months later when they realize mistakes were made and re-tweak.

The lack of attention on one server mode already drove away the hardcore PvP'ers and killed Deathtoll, Stormhold is slowly following suit. It is not PvE at this point, its PvDev, and the waiting period is on our dollar.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

At this point, based on some remarks made to me and my guild, I really really want to say "L2P, noob", "just debuff better", "Just cause YOU can't kill it doesn't mean it's broken", "maybe if you weren't all Bads.."...and so on. But I'll take the high ground and I won't say that.

I just wish you the best of luck getting any of this fixed and getting the TLE back on track. I couldn't stand it another minute and stopped waiting around for it. I think the Devs wish we'd all just shut up and move on to the content that they do know how to fix...EoF and beyond.

Good luck with it, I salute your ability to put up with it for this long.
    Torvaldr likes this.
  3. Ap0k Member

Thanks,

Like alot of us, I am not a fan of the GvG drama myself after going through a whack of it on original T5-T7, it just has no place on the TLE IMO aside from ruining your recruiting ability in an otherwise dwindling community of raiders :) I prefer to help via small tips/hints rather than make those kind of remarks.

Sucks to see more people leave when they are waiting on developers to pay some attention, but I completely understand. If I didn't have to deal with the 9 months of harsh Canadian winters, I honestly don't know how long I would have lasted, than again, I am playing with a lot of people I knew from top guilds back in the day so that helps.

Appreciate the support.
    Sejreia likes this.
  4. Seifer of Aftermath Member

Enforcer was just an oversight by me. Have it fixed. As far as Venekor and Elemental Warder their adds are not epic X4 they just show that way because they are linked to the boss who IS epic X4. I have double checked this and they are in the exact same setup they are before any changes were made.
    Gninja, Mar 4, 2016 Report

Well nothing has been done since march 4th as you all can see. I made a response once and i will do it again here. I understand they are tagged as (x4) but not really x4's yet in combat logs they hit like (x4). And as i made in my previous statement to Gninja, I think the damage is fine on them if they did not have over 2 million hp per add,( I think the number is closer to 2.5 million) They need to be down to a minimum 1 million hp for that fight to be possible with the Elemental Warder who is pushing out 10k dps by himself.

The best thing about HoS is how bad the gear is and nothing from there is even an upgrade, Would still be great to complete the zone with correctly tuned encounters.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can always finish the zone when the next x pack comes out , nobody sais you can't just because there are more zones.
  6. Kander Developer

Most if not all these encounters will be adjusted next update.
    Seifer of Aftermath likes this.
  7. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

Except you can't. When a script is broken, it's broken. When KoS hit, we'd gone back to do some 'old' zones to finish up quests but specifically to get AA. We had our butts handed to us because of poor tuning of the mobs. At 10 levels higher than the last time we killed it (repeatedly), we struggled.

I'm sure the problem was we just suddenly got really bad and didn't know how to debuff. That has to be it.
  8. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

I don't mean disrespect ..but didn't Gninja already say this about two months ago? Or it wasn't these specific encounters?

What happened to the ability to adjust these 'on the fly'? I feel as though we were promised these adjustments, and they were - but they were still broken. Many guilds on the TLE would help beta or adjust these, if asked...if it wasn't the same as bashing our heads against a wall.
  9. Kander Developer

The difference is between buff packages [Which we can adjust on the fly] and the actual tier of mobs like adds [which we cannot.]

I should have been more clear. Most if not all of these encounters have had further Tier adjustments made for next update. Mob scripts have also been reviewed.
    Evilnok and Spindle like this.
  10. Blaupunkt Active Member

while that is all well and good, when are we likely to see this update ? do we have to wait until EoF vote passes ? or is this something you can do separately, if so why has it not been done yet ?
  11. Kander Developer

Tuesday, the 29th.
    Kittybock, Blaupunkt and Spindle like this.
  12. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Today's patch notes give me some hope, but at this point I am just crossing my fingers that EoF will be better. I left the game after DoV, and only came back because of the TLE servers. I am hanging in there, the eternal optimist that I am, but wow raiding has really sucked. Mobs shouldn't be able to constantly one-shot tanks. You shouldn't have to throw death saves because your reactives won't proc on a dead tank. You shouldn't have to find creative ways to sneak past trash in a zone because it is worse than the names. Tanks should be able to tank! I feel less like a healer and more like a gambler. I was so was excited to get into Deathtoll - it used to be one of my favorite zones. It just seems all so sad and broken now. The access quest, the ridiculous worms, the terrible loot. I am willing to write this expansion off as a botched mess that can't be fixed, but I really don't think I will stick it out if EoF is as bad.
  13. Monotone Active Member

The Hurricanus script is still broken. Even when following how the script should go there is an overrun of heroic drakes that used to be the fail mechanic for not following the script. Within in a minute or so there is 7-8 drakes at times from just 1 spawn. Killing the heroic drakes is not an option since it buffs Hurricanus. Mezing there is no way to keep up with how fast the herioc adds start to come.
  14. Gninja Developer

Quick question while I am looking at it... When the Scaleborn Liftfinger spawns are you able to right click him and engage him? and when you do (assuming you do) does he grey out like a broken encounter?
  15. Poofe Active Member

If you have the requisite item, you'll be able to activate him. He will then engage the raid and spawn a heroic drake. He shouldn't spawn the drake if you engage him, however. If you do not activate him, he steals your item. Eventually the drake will spawn if you do not deactivate the idol.

On Live, you will not get the drake when activating the LiftFinger.
  16. Gninja Developer

I am asking if when he does engage if he shows as a broken encounter.
  17. Poofe Active Member

Interpreting this another way, he is gray like many heroic adds are in scripts. I think I read your question wrong.
  18. Poofe Active Member

Apologies... I'm drinking.
  19. Gninja Developer

Thanks that is what I needed to know. This is the root of the problem and I will have a fix in asap.
    Meneltel and Poofe like this.
  20. Poofe Active Member

I appreciate it.