Kor Va Xian

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Euredia, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Euredia Member

Hi,

Anyone have a strategy for the consistent adds they take alot to down? Can get Kor to half but then the adds overwhelm.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Euredia Member

So, I am guessing I am not the only one with this issue. Are folks two boxing to get by?
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Balcerak Well-Known Member

I guess it depends on your class and dps how hard this one (and many others) are. I just kill him and use AOEs to take out adds. I also always use a merc in the solo zones since they can cure stuff. You can do the solo zones with another player too.
    Siren, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Treiko Active Member

In most cases if you focus on the named, the adds will despawn when it dies (an exception being the golem of life in arx serus or whatever that place is called). But as said above, you can always take a person with you unless you prefer to just use merc.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kor Va Xian will periodically port you to a dark room. Get out of the dark immediately. If you have AOE attacks, throw some of those to wear down the adds, but if not, focus on debuffing and killing Kor Va Xian.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Empalas New Member

I can't seem to get past the power drain. I've only been playing eq2 for a few months. But I lose like all power around the fourth or fifth time he casts the spell that I haven't found any way at all to evade.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You probably can't evade it. Instead, carry a stack of Overclocked Manastones, also a couple of kinds of power regen potions.

The HQ Manastone can help a little, but if you had an alt on a TLE server that finished the Manastine HQ, you can get a much improved Manastone from the Inheritance Merchants in the big city harbors that does a percentage power regen that is actually useful.

And there are red temp adorns for the shoulders that help with power regen. I think they're a Loyalty item. It doesn't regen a whole ton, but it can help.

One supposes you could get a coercer mercenary (all Marketplace, alas, except for Mindbender Talid, which was a 2013 SOE Live bonus). I don't think there are any illusionist mercs.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  8. Empalas New Member

Thats what have been trying. The problem is the adds just become too overwhelming and my merc eventually can't heal me quick enough waiting while I'm waiting on the cool downs on potions and the manastone. I need to buff up my potency I guess to be able to do enough damage.
    Siren and Breanna like this.