Know Your Factions: The Ravens of the North

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Apr 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

(Did you know?)

The Ravens of the North

Leader: Nikolas MacCraifft
    The Ravens of the North is the tradeskill society in New Halas. The early settlers in this area are mainly barbarians and other followers of Marr, but any new settlers are welcome provided they keep the peace, work to rebuild Halas, and show respect for the shrine of Erollisi.
    Halas, the ancestral home of the Northmen, is no more. Torn asunder by years of fighting with the snow orcs, the city was finally razed to the ground by the fiery chunks of Luclin raining down to fulfil the shaman's prophecy: "On the night of fire, Halas shall be consumed by earth. Blood shall flow like water, for death travels through the air." Yet the sons and daughters of the Marr twins will not go quietly into the Gray Wastes, nor shall we leave our beloved Erollisi Marr unguarded as she travels those lands. Where she now lies, let us go too. We shall rebuild New Halas to stand guard by her shrine, and never again shall we turn our backs on our home.
    --Nickolas MacCraifft, the White Raven
  2. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Will we be able to finally start gaining faction with other tradeskill societies in cities of same alignment or is this new society only for people that wish to turn their backs on their homes and relocate?
  3. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Artemiz@The Bazaar wrote:
    /sarcasam
    Only adventurers should ever have the ability to raise faction with home cities not thier own. Crafters get the benefit of raising their home city faction no matter what city they craft in.
  4. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It would be nice if we started getting faction for all three societies instead of just working up one. I think Kelethin's tradeskill merchant has some different stuff not available in Qeynos.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Yes. Each city has unique things. And, the goods have things the evils don't and vice versa. There are only a few things they all have in common. Thus, it really would be nice to be able to earn faction with a city on your own 'side' that's not your home city.
  6. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

You can always move to the new city max out faction and then go back to your previous city. You'll still be able to buy from that faction as long as you don't change alignment.
    I personally prefer being able to get the same faction no matter what city I am since Neriak sucks monkey balls for writs and I prefer Domino's revamp of WFP Crafting area for my DE Provo. Same with my Main, though I am currently finishing out Kelethin's faction I prefer NQ's Crafting area for writs. With proper angling I don't even have to move to get writs / start them / finish them and then hand them in and start the process over again. Sure it's looks kinda funny when I'm measuring out potions in the middle of the wall but *shrug*
  7. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    But....having my city call to Neriak when I want to call to Freeport sucks monkey balls..... :p
    Seriously though, I can see the point but I still think it would be neat if there was some way we could earn faction with all the factions on the same alignment (like adventurers) without having to relocate.
  8. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Will we be able to purchase the handy dandy new Handbook if we're evil? *squirm* Gotta make sure I keep a slot open if not... Amazingly, for someone that only plays one toon, I do have other toons on my account. *boggle* I just can't get rid of the others...
  9. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Being a bit nitpicky... but shouldn't that read either the building of a New Halas, or the rebuilding of Halas (in a new location)? One doesn't really rebuild something that is new

But with that said, I can't wait to see what kind of faction items they have. I'm going to have to start a new crafter (hmm, only WS and Armorer left to pick from) there, hehe.

I also agree it would be nice if TS writs worked like adventurer writs, in that if you were Qeynos aligned but got one in Kelethin it would give you faction with Tunare's Pages. I know it's not how they work because of the way writs are currently designed, but it would be a nice thing for a future revamp (and at the same time perhaps extend the x1, x3, x5, x7, x9 writ levels down through the tiers).
  10. ARCHIVED-Mystfit Guest

Evil barbarians in Halas! If they promise to keep the peace, let 'em in!!!!!!
  11. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Nah... it's all lip service... New Halas is racist..... you can only live there as a barbarian if you are of certain professions...... they don't want the other barbarian..... mahhhaaaaaahhaaaa I think they prefer gnomes....
  12. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Rijacki wrote:
    Glad I saw the /sarcasm cause I was about to post a 2 page flame. ;)
  13. ARCHIVED-Kain-UK Guest

Kaisha@Permafrost wrote:
    Be a Neriak Citizen and craft in WFP then.
    That's what I do with my Wood Elf Assassin. He lives in Neriak, can pickup writs in WFP and they count towards his Neriak TS faction.
  14. ARCHIVED-CorpseGoddess Guest

Kain-UK wrote:
    Well, seeing as how we're offered adventure writs from all the available factions, I don't see why this also cannot be applied to tradeskills. It would be nice because then we'd have an option to do multiple writs per level offered, rather than the current one.
    So, for example, my bruiser that lives in Freeport could be offered a writ from the Freeport, Neriak and Gorowyn societies. That would be great, imo.
  15. ARCHIVED-biguglyone Guest

I hope the new halas has a full unique set of crafting faction house item rewards. Kelethin and gorwyn were disappointing.
  16. ARCHIVED-celestina936 Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    I kinda like this idea. My 3 FP characters are maxes in FP crafting, my 1 Gorowyn is maxed there and my 2 Q characters are maxed in Q. One also hase 50 crafting faction in Kerra, Quel'uel, Craftkeepers and the Pandas.
    Not only that, but one Q character has 50K in every possible faction for a good character in adventure, too. She has just a few thousand left for Kelethin faction T-9 writs and the daily for T-9 Fell Blade, the Necros and the Wizzies of Paineel. She is ignoring the hole faction because there is nothing worthwhile for her there.
    However, a crafting faction for Kelethin and Halas would give her another nice crafting goal.
  17. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Alvane@Unrest wrote:
    The ability to max multiple crafting factions also sounds like a decent idea for an achievement or two (such as one for ally with 2 factions and another for all with 3. 3 is the most anyone could get atm, since there's only going to be 3 on each side).

I too have crafters spread around the factions in order to get the different items, but it would be nice to be able to do it on one character for those folks that really follow the one main, many alts paradigm (I consider all of my crafting alts "employees" of my main, hehe)
  18. ARCHIVED-Neskonlith Guest

Streppoch@Guk wrote:
    I agree that this would be a cool way to add a little more depth to the tradeskill portion of the game!
    It would make sense that the other cities would send trade delegations and have representatives out in an effort to drum up more business for their factions.