Know your factions: The Coalition of Tradesfolke

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

(Did you know?)

The Coalition of Tradesfolke

Leader: Trade Commissioner Lasarian Nasin
    Motto: "Everyone and everything has its price."

The Coalition of Tradesfolke is the official governing body of all trade activity within the territory of Freeport. Although not a true part of the government, they are charged with the task of trade organization. The Coalition maintains an absolute monopoly on the regional trade market, and is thus a major force in the trade world.

Since Freeport is the trade hub of the world, thanks to its robust shipping lanes and major continental highways, the Coalition is a force to be reckoned with in the global economy. The Coalition also manages all trade activity of Freeport. They are charged with taxing the populace and even enforcing the taxes in any way they see fit.

Any great civilization is not built in a day. Look at how long we have survived and prospered, through the adversity of time and place. And yet, we are more than a city of might and brawn. The skills of our artisans and tradesfolk provide us with improved weaponry and armor as well as other vital products.
    -- Trade Commissioner Lasarian Nasin, Freeport Coaltion of Tradesfolke

More details on more crafting factions will follow over the next few weeks ...
  2. ARCHIVED-Kulssin Guest

Lucan rules!

Ok. I feel like I should be baptized again after saying that for some reason.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xanzibar Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I figured Freeport was still (at least conceptually) a large trade center, especially with the Seafury Buccaneers keeping rival pirates clear of their shipping lanes. But what "major continental highways" does this refer to? The roads in the Commonlands & Nektulos Forest?

I always figured the guy in the Coalition building in West Freeport was the head of the Coalition. I guess he's just a local administrator or something, then.

See, the way politics works, the different factions in the cities would have a substantial amount of power. Lucan D'Lere might be some uber warlord, but he can't hold a city together on his own (despite the propaganda). I'd love to see the city factions developed more, and their power plays & overt/covert activities dealt with as in-game quests. Lots of potential there!
  4. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

All hail, Lucan ! hail to thee, King of Norrath !
    All hail, Lasarian ! hail to thee, King of Trade !
    (ok, I read to often Macbeth)
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Lucan's got nothing on Qeynos. When I spoke to Sir Troodonis for the Soulfire questline, I told him that Lucan can kiss my butt, and my character animation told the same thing when I chose the response.
  6. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Xanzibar@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    This may of course be just more Freeport propoganda. ;) You never know with the Coalition ... and you may not want to ask too many questions about the fact-checking either, lest you end up in East Freeport Harbour wearing feyiron overshoes!
  7. ARCHIVED-AratornCalahn Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    You realise a load of armourers are thinking your going to make a load of "metal clothing options" for them now? Metal underwear might actualy be quite useful actualy...
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

AratornCalahn wrote:
    Hey, I've been asking for chainmail thongs since launch!!
  9. ARCHIVED-Xanzibar Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Note to self: gain more faction via writs before doing fact-checking...