Knotbarking up the Wrong Tree (Heroic)

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Glenorian, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Glenorian Well-Known Member

Hey all,

Not sure if we are missing something obvious, but the named Knotbark in the Heroic Zek the Scourge Wastes is doing a ton of damage, killing us so fast we hardly dent him. He seems way harder than other mobs. We killed another 3 triangle plus one star mob with no problem, which is what Knotbark is. It is mainly crushing damage that he does. Anyone have any advice on this guy? Couldn't find any write-ups anywhere. It is vital we kill him so we can progress in the heroic timeline. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Shraddha New Member

I am having the same issue - Knotbark is somehow bugged since he takes hardly any damage and hits consistently doing 2-3 million crushing damage each hit. And I have been clearing the zone pretty easily, so, something is up with this one.
  3. Xsara Member

I am glad someone else is having trouble. I thought it was just me.
  4. Kaitheel Developer

I see what you are talking about. Thank you for letting us know of the issue! I've submitted the following change, but I don't know when it will make it to live servers. Keep a watch for it in the update notes.
    • Knotbarking Up the Wrong Tree [Heroic] - Knotbark in Zek the Scourge Wastes [Heroic] has had his challenge reduced.
    ~ Kaitheel
  5. Xsara Member

Thanks Kaitheel!
  6. Glenorian Well-Known Member

We were able to kill him, but only after recruiting more in our party. It was still a challenge, and he did seem out of proportion to the rest of the area. I think the challenge reduction will help others get through the heroic quest progression. I'll have to go back and try him again! Thank you Kaitheel!
    Kaitheel likes this.