Killing Fathad Zastim

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Levedris001, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

Level cap confirmed to be 110 next xpac
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Link to source?
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Dude likes this.
  4. semisus Does not play this game

masters should be dirt cheap anyways on broker these days... no reason not to get em
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Also, the encounter won't break, so you don't have to stay up top to kite him. You can drag him down to the beach where you will have more room to kite him.
  6. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

I am wizard who just got pass isle of vul. I am elementalist with wildfire grandmaster. I couldn't defeat the last name until i had 20k potency and 355 resolve my wildfire grandmaster barely did any damage i tanked it but it went down to wire was a close battle.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I had just under 20K potency and 328 resolve, myself. To get your resolve up is actually easier than you might think.

To start, The main Kunark Ascending Timeline gives you:
    The Kunark Ascending Tradeskill Timeline gives you:
    Since beginning the Mage Epic 2.0 quest line, you now have:
    If you are doing the Days of Summer quests, you should have 35 tithe points into Potency just from that by now. The Days of Summer also has gear that boosts resolve, which to this point includes:
    (If not, you can get +9 potency items for all these slots from the broker, PQs, etc for a total of +135 resolve.)

Next, you will want to do Proving Grounds in order to obtain these items (you can run any level 100 toon through, no matter how they're equipped, because you run the solo zone as an avatar anyway, in order to get the Marks to buy these):
    Running the Obulus Frontier Treasure Hunt quests (aka Key Quests) can get you better shoulders and hands from the polished incarnadine keys:
    This gets you a pretty decent amount of resolve.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Levedris001 New Member

I have tried to do proving grounds, but i still don't know, how they work. I have zoned into the tower, but I was not an avatar. I have gotten there as myself and ofc i died at first mob.
    So how do the PGs work?
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

10. Levedris001 New Member

So i took the advice and did wat I could. I have 280 resolve now.... not bad, eh?
    I know I should get masters, BUT... every time i check broker, all I see there are Vital transfer and Harvest mana, which are worthless. I am now trying to research the ascension spells, but I am low on DB couns, so that will take forever. I have atleast upgraded Stone hammer with Strange sensations potion.

Soooo... should I try to kill Fathead now?
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How is your potency? That's your next stat to boost, and you can use adorns to help with that.

On the masters, hit K to open your Knowledge Book, and go to the Upgrade tab and start the free research process on your most useful spell that isn't mastered yet. You can do it free, it just requires time. Remember to check up on that every few days to see if it's done yet, and once it is, claim the upgraded ability and start it researching again. No need to spend money.

I have a saved broker search that looks for level 91-100 spell scrolls for my class with the word "master" in the search box (I use ProfitCE's market window). That way any time I'm looking at the broker, I can quickly check to see if any masters or grandmasters are available that I need, and if so, what's the cost. Sometimes I save up to get a spell I want.

But yes, you should try it again and see if it works better!
  12. Levedris001 New Member

My potency is ,16 977,4% now how high should I go?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

More POT is always better this expansion. Go try Fathead again and see how you do.
  14. Levedris001 New Member

Heh I just noticed Mudslide does HELLA lot damage... but I am not sure if it will work on named. But it works on adherents so good, I can oneshot them with this ability.
    I am doing spell research but the waiting times are soo long, that I think is better to wait for next expansion, which is now around the corner. Maybe when i hit 110, I will be able solo Fathead with ease!

They said the epic 2.0 is important... I doubt so :) (maybe for the dungeons is, but not for next content)
  15. Levedris001 New Member

UPDATE
    So I tried to kill him, and I almost won! I managed to scratch him down to 12% health, but then I had no more potions and he killed me. It IS doable but... my decision is to wait for the next expansion. I heard wizzies are gonna be revamped and I hope I can get the quest done at that time.

Thank you all for advice, it helped a little :rolleyes:
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  16. Noizette Active Member

Root, damage from distance, when it breaks root run (switch face mob during combat OFF in options) and run and cast ascension abilities as you do so. These won't be interrupted as you run.
  17. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It took forever to make this kill on my Illy, but I finally did it. I haven't reversed her AA lines back to normal yet, so you can see her Epic quest build on EQUI. I limited my hot bars to one for stuns/mezzes/slows, ordered by how quickly I could cast them and one for DPS, which was ordered by how much damage I could do. And a third hot bar or Health and power pots.