/kicks the RNG

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Calthine, Feb 14, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

So. I'm 20 points from maxing Transmuting. I'm on a mission. I crank up my Queen's Colony farmer. My goal: acquire spell rares for AD3's (they transmute like Legendary and you get more powders). Stones and Ore are plentiful, and the competition seems to be elsewhere. I'm a Mining Mad Elf. Pick Pick Pick... Rares are dropping like candy, I'm cleaning up! I look in my bags... 10 Bronze Clusters 1 Copper Cluster ROFL. Suppose I shouldn't complain, eh? Usually they drop more evenly, hehe. ;-)
  2. ARCHIVED-Spectralmist Guest

[p]Good luck with that Cal. Transmuting makes me squirm. Tinkering is the way to go![/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]gah, sounds like my luck there Calthine :)[/p][p]Find yourself a weaponsmith/armorer to turn those bronze pieces into mastercrafted armor to munge.[/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I don't even have to do that. In Tier 1 everyone can make everything.. and quality doesn't matter :) I usually make Brone Tablets since I'm at the jeweler station to make Ad3's anyway!
  5. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

[p]see, it is all good :D[/p][p]I've got to get started working on transmuting again... I've been in a lull because I'm wondering if I should do this on my main or my main tradeskiller... I can see the benefits of this on my hunting main, expecially for no trade items/lore items.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Talondaar Guest

I've been doing the same thing myself on the Isle of Refuge. One strange thing is that the Ores drop stone harvests and Stones drop ore harvests. Also I killed a common scout mob and he dropped and Exquisite chest with a piece of Level 1 Legendary armor that transmuted very nicely. 8)
  7. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Do they? Ilucide said he was going to fix that, but maybe it was for GU 31. As for which toon to make your Transmuter, my only advice is that if you plan on doing Tinkering, do that on your main adventurer/raider.
  8. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I'm getting lead and malachite off stones and tin and loam off ore, which is as it should be. I'll watch for the next rares. PS - I haven't gotten a rare since my OP. That's teach me to whine... PPS - as soon as I post that I get a Bronze cluster. I think I hear the God of Randomness chuckling.
  9. ARCHIVED-Talondaar Guest

Cool, I hadn't been there for a week or so. It is probably all good now. Hopefully commons still drop nice chests though. *crosses fingers* LOL
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

11. ARCHIVED-Jai1 Guest

[p]I've had transmutting put on hold for a bit while prices settle. I saw a LOAD of T3 spells for 4-6 gold and spend like a plat so 20ish adept Is last night. I got one powder. Now that's RNG hate if you ask me. [/p][p]edit: maybe I should try the tier 1 skillups but I spent a LOOONG time on the island harvesting loam. I don't care to ever go back.[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

First, Ilucide fixed T1 and T1 so the spell rares work like the rest of the tiers. So you can get lots more Ad3's farming T1 now. Second, transmuting Treasured or Mastercrafted (non spells) gives you (If I'm remembering player testing right) a 75% chance of a fragment, a 20% chance of a powder, and a 5% chance of both.
  13. ARCHIVED-Raston Guest

I will NOT tinker, not with my main or any toon. I am avidly against it as a RPer and I don't care if it ***** my toon further, isn't like I'll ever get anywhere since I can't raid anyways.