Khati Sha

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Benito, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It sounds like Khati Sha is back for Reign of Shadows.

What happened to him since EQ1? Interestingly, EQ1's Beastlord Epic Retelling implies he sort of an immortal.

[IMG]
    WhysperWynde and Psia_Meese like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Khati Sha... I admit this is one topic I actually know nothing about. I know that... it... is some sort of divine spirit. I remember hearing his name bounced around with the Vah Shir race on Luclin, possibly relating to the Beastlord epic. I never had a chance to work through the epic quests in either game, so I don't know anything about it.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am not an expert on the subject either. But, from what I gather, Khati Sha was an ancient animist being who turned evil to absorbed spirit and life forces to become immortal. He may have created the grimlings and fostered the Beastlord arts. I believe EQ1's Beastlord Epic Retelling (special event) states that he makes an eternal return. I wonder if it segways neatly to EQ2 timeline.
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  4. Razorwulf New Member

According to EQ1 Lore, Khati Sha was a Vah Shir explorer (and first animist/beastlord) who, when the Vah Shir (Kerrans) were blasted to the moon, went out exploring. During his travels he ended up being captured by the Shissir who were hiding in the Grey, and they wanted to try and make Khati Sha into a god to serve them. I don't think they explained fully why, but I would guess to fight against the green mist that had decimated them.
    Khati Sha was indeed turned into a god but he was driven mad and left without memory of much of his former life. The Grimlings addopted him as a god and took him into the (Acrylia Caverns? trying to do this off of memory), where they hide him from the truth of what was done (out of fear of his power).
    This can be gleaned from a quest line that results in the Fused Mneumonic of Khati Sha in EQ1 where you collect a bunch of books about him and turn them in.
    WhysperWynde and Psia_Meese like this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

So as is turns out, the Savage Weald part of the Reign of Shadows signature line focuses around Khati Sha, and starts with a solid introduction of just who and what he is. If you're level 120, make your way through the questline and you'll learn much about him.
  6. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member