Keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by diero, Jan 23, 2017.

1. diero New Member

It seems after the last patch, the keyboard wont work properly. Tried a fresh install, different keyboard. It still seems to take multiple presses to get a key to respond about 20% of the time. Its not one specific key. No custom UI. Does it with the fully downloaded version and the streaming version.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Silvr Member

Highly unlikely a eq2 patch caused your keyboard issues but possible.

Did the keyboard act funny typing the message above? Does it give you any issues with any other programs/games/websites? What brand is your keyboard? Does it come with some special software installed (ie logitech gaming keyboards and logitech G software)?
  3. diero New Member

Nope the keyboard works perfectly outside the game. The keyboard is a built in one with the laptop i am using, but also i have tried just a basic dell usb keyboard, same result. I know it seems weird that a eq2 patch would do that, but it is the thing that happened.... i tried rolling back windows updates. didnt help. I thought the custom UI was doing it for a moment. But after a clean install and no UI it still does it
  4. MizSavage New Member

I am having this problem also! I was getting worried it was my keyboard, on a brand new laptop, but it works perfectly fine out of the game.
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

One of my characters has had some wonky things happen with keyboard control over the past few days, but I don't play that one much and didn't pay attention. Whatever weirdnesses happen seem to always clear up when I switch characters.
  6. diero New Member

Mine is also a brand new laptop. About 2 weeks old. I was able to play for a week. then it started doing this. making the game completely unplayable. Also tried different characters. and brand new characters.... all the same
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

It is possible that something in the game code is not playing nice with something in your computer. Things like this have happened off and on, and will sometimes resolve themselves just as mysteriously with no 'fix'.

Not encouraging, but just try after each update.
  8. diero New Member

So after digging around on the internet some more but making it unspecific to eq2, i found a similar issue with WoW and other MMORPG. The solution there was to uninstall Nvidia GeForce Experience. It may be too early to say its fixed, but its not doing it anymore. And previously everytime i played it was.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I hear where Tekka is coming from, too; I've had that happen myself. ;->

Just hope the GeForce Experience thing wasn't anything vital; sounds like a stupid ad thing more than anything. ;->

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers! :)
  10. diero New Member

No its not essential, it's a driver/video card game configuration tool for the most part. A bit odd that a game configuration tool breaks games.... anyway try that if you are having a similar issue. Figured I would try and help some other incredibly frustrated souls who can't get their fix
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks! Next time it happens with me, I'll look into it...though strangely enough, it also seems to happen more than once with Excel 2016...but there, I just figure I hit a mysterious, wrong combination of buttons. /shrug

Uwk
  12. Mugwort Active Member

The GeForce Experience also includes instant replay and record, screen captures with automatic upload, one click broadcast to Facebook Live, YouTube Live and Twitch. It has a list of compatible games, and EQ2 is not listed as a compatible game.

Top this off with Microsoft pushing app updates for built in features for Windows 10, the Xbox app may wind up with the game DVR and everything else turned on, even if previously turned off. The Xbox DVR and GeForce Experience Share features do not play well together inside of EQ2.

Turn all the features off in both apps, and if any are needed/wanted in the future, cautiously experiment turning them.

GeForce Experience info can be found here: http://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience

Xbox app information can be found in the Xbox app in Windows 10.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.