Kenny vs Bhoohghar

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Occam, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

I've been using Bhoohghar for awhile now and for the most part I'm pretty happy with his performance. He heals consistantly as long as I make sure he has line of sight, and he'll rez me fairly quickly when I die. However, I just found Kenny for the first time and over the years it seems like I've heard people rave about him.

Can anyone who has used both mercs give me an idea of whether it's worth it to switch to Kenny, or am I fine sticking with Bhoohghar?
  2. Occam Well-Known Member

Ok, Kenny has heal spells but apparently he won't cast them. I did a couple of CD solo zones and ended up having to heal myself (necro) most of the time. Maybe he's better as a tank, since he's a hybrid guard/shammy, but putting him on passive so he'll focus on heals just flat doesn't work. I'll be sticking with Bhoohghar.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

You might try Evania, she will kick a$$ and heal/cure/rez ...
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Based on your recommendation, I am giving Evania a go on one of my characters because I just can't stand the sight of Bhooghar. While she's not trained to the same level as the ugly one, she's already definitely holding her own and doing a good job!
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Evania Rocks ;)
    Cyrrena and Rhodris like this.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Kenny is a good healer most of the time, with his animation its very hard to tell if he is doing anything or if he is cowering in fear cause you pulled too much.
    Bhooghar rocks and is fearless no matter what you pull, Eva is a solid healer as well, but there have been reports recently that she has stood there and let people die as well, all three are capable and do a fine job.
    And as far as looks go, Eva may be better looking than Bhooghar but with that makeup..she aint no beauty queen.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It would be really good if we had an appearance slot for mercs, the same as mounts, familiars and every other thing you drag around with you. So I could have the ugly one equipped, but (for example) Matr-Dut as the appearance merc.
  8. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

I’m sitting here wondering how you’d even notice if your merc was healing you as a necro in the CD solo zones...
  9. Wimble Active Member

For the sake of the community a rich and well meaning player needs to level kenny to 20/max and see how he performs!. Ive always loved him and his mini bolster is kind of awesome.

It might be easier if an appearance slot was created for them tho...
    Febrith likes this.
  10. Zelless New Member

As a fighter-which merc is the best for heals and Rez?

Anyone actually test all the healer mercs?
  11. Legionair Member

Out of those two in comparison you honestly should Stick with Bhooghar instead of Kenny. Also keep in mind they are different types of healers, Kenny is a Wards type healing merc, while bhooghar is good heals and no wards.
    If possible you should consider Grimror instead of Kenny because its same style merc but Grimror is much beefier and has a better Bolster that he throws on you at times. Just note that the Warder Mercs dont often throw an actual heal on you considering there isn't many in their arsenal, mostly just wards..

Now during the late portion of the POP Expac with good gear when it became very possible to solo 4 to 5 heroic zones. I personally liked Bhooghar more than Grimror because of the 10% Verdict that he casted which would kill the named instantly, saving time and helped finish the zones faster. Both have their advantages and its personal preference of what you prefer more. Wards with a solid bolster, or straight heals and a verdict.

Grimror can be purchased on broker or if you choose to try and farm for that merc instead. He has a chance to drop on the final named in "Disease: Mesa" and "Disease: Outbreak."
    Both can be solo'd depending on your class and/or DPS output. Definitely consider Grimror over Kenny.
    Kenny was amazing at the time but he's very outdated.

Febrith, Pixistik and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have never had an issue where she stands there and lets me die. But there was one time in Vergarlson where I was fighting the wasp thing and I didn't clear enough of the crystals, and the wasp thing shot off to get crystals, Evania followed and I was following them, I got nailed by everything Evania aggro'd in her pursuit of the wasp thing, dirt nap for me, and she kept fighting the wasp thing while I laid dead, I finally hit the peace button, as Evania and the wasp thing were just whacking each other and neither was making any progress towards killing the other, and she came back to where my corpse was and rez'd me bringing the wasp thing with her, which we were then able to take down instead of having to start over.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Currently I am working on gathering all the base stats and abilities of all the town mercs and any that I can buy tokens for and giving the results to Sigrdrifa who is going to make a wiki page for them. I do not know, but I would assume as some point, we will expand on this and begin levelling the mercs to get baseline stats at different levels. Sig may be able to add to this or give her opinion on what should follow. But a lot of the higher end mercs cannot be obtained by a level locked level 3. I could not even take her into a city without gaining 1 level and could not go into the merc building without gaining another level, so the baselines are being recorded with a level 3.
    Pixistik and Breanna like this.
  14. Wimble Active Member

omg what a direction for the game to go in. we focus more on levelling the ancilliary crap than the actual toon..merc, horse.. oh...

Anyway, i take the points above and have run all of those mercs at some point or other. grimror is as ugly as hell. they all are, really. Kander has the best appearence simply for the comedy factor and wierd emote stuff it does. AS for the kander merc. but seriously,. i just want kenny running around next to me. turbo kenny levelled beyond comprehension.

which is the most useless merc tho.Captain Bloodstain is it omg
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I still wish we could have a replica of the Kander that is on the docks in Queen's Colony and Overlord's Outpost, complete with his gestures and verbiage.
    Breanna, Sigrdrifa and Pixistik like this.
  16. Occam Well-Known Member

That might sound amusing for about 60 seconds, then it'd end up more annoying than Daeron. o_O
    Pixistik likes this.
  17. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not sure anything is more annoying than Daeron Ashenwing LOL
    Meneltel and Pixistik like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

It would be a house item replica, like the ones from the Chronomancers.
    Breanna and Pixistik like this.