Kelethin Mount

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Leloes, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Leloes Well-Known Member

Is there one? Or is it no longer available?
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Kelethin Mount? What do you mean? Were there city-specific mounts?
  3. Leloes Well-Known Member

Exactly! My one character that started in New Halas got a mount after finishing his training for tradeskill.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Check the Wiki Mounts page for the location, cost and/or quest for a whole slew of Norrathian mounts. The Kelethin Courser is no longer available for some reason, but you can go do some quests in New Halas to get a ground mount there.
    Leloes likes this.
  5. Leloes Well-Known Member

The only problem is I've already done my tradeskill 1-9......
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not the tradeskill line, it's in the adventure line. Even if you are level 110 you can go do it and get the mount.
    Leloes and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Oh, okay.....not sure why I was thinking it was tradeskill. So I guess I'll head over to New Halas and get me a hoss! Who do I need to speak to get started?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There's a link on the Mounts page I gave you above. Look in the Quested Mounts section.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

Oh, I forgot I'll have to swim underwater to do that quest. I think I might have something that can help me with that. If not I'm not sure what to do.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Totem of the Otter, but I seem to recall that someone gives you a water breathing bauble in the questline.
  11. Leloes Well-Known Member

Not sure but I'll give it a look see.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Elyria Well-Known Member

ok, i figured it out. it is Not that the Kelethin courser whistle is no longer available, it is the quest The Emerald Lake that has been removed, but you can still get the whistle from the questline, it just ends at Corruptor Thurizil instead:) i completed the questline on 2019-08-07 and i got the mount. also, yes, i believe the questgiver for the New Halas one will give you maybe 10-20 potions? totems? that turn you into a manta ray so u can breathe underwater for those quests:D
  13. Leloes Well-Known Member

I did do that quest in Kelethin but I got no Mount as a reward so I don't think it is still available.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

I was wrong that particular quest was not offered.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

This makes no sense. Kelethin is my favorite starting city, and unless this has been removed in the past 2-3 months, it should be available. You have to finish the ENTIRE questline in order to get it, though.

Now I'm thinking I want to start a new character, just to do that line and check it. It baffles me why they would have taken that end reward away.
    Breanna, Leloes and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Leloes Well-Known Member

I could be wrong.....but I wasn't offered the Mount and when I checked Wiki it says it isn't available any longer.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Check your journal under the completed tab and then under Kelethin and make sure you have completed the quest Juraiya mentioned. Many times I will swear I finished something only to look and find I missed a final step or something.
    Breanna and Leloes like this.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I just did the questline again today (a character who is still low level, and I just hadn't complete the questline yet), and he got the mount for doing the quest "Corruptor Thurizil". So it's still available; the wiki is incorrect in its information.

Since I get a bunch of different mounts as one-per-character, the mount questlines aren't always a big thing to me. But the Kelethin line is my favorite way to get a character to level 20, so I'm more familiar with it than I am with the others.

And trust me, with 98 characters, yeah, I think I've done it a few times now. :)
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'll check because, like I said before, I could be wrong.

I'm not doubting you. When I'm back in I'll check and see what part of the quest I missed.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  20. Leloes Well-Known Member

Got my mount in Kelethin!
    Cyrrena, Juraiya, Rhodris and 2 others like this.