Keeper of Secrets

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Praetorian, Jun 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praetorian Well-Known Member

So, this creature has always had an insight to things going on in the world of EQ2, but it has not said anything new for several years. I miss chatting with that guy....
  2. Meirril Well-Known Member

If anyone is curious, Praetorian is talking about a flame elemental that lives near the druid ring in Nektulous forest. This NPC hasn't been given any new dialogue in years but it use to give cryptic clues to current events and future expansions.
  3. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

I think he's been silent since Vhalen left. I could be wrong though. That was a long time ago.
  4. Meirril Well-Known Member

It went silent before Vhalen left. I think the last update for it was back in the EoF era.
  5. Vallaria Member

I wish we could explore the area behind that door he always guards.

I've always wanted to get behind that door....
    Seefar likes this.
  6. Rezikai Member

wasnt that the old entrance to Lavastorm in early EQ2? or was it EQ1?
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

In EQ2 it was the most remote section of Nek Forest. Lavastorm's initial access was by boat/bell in EQ2 and a special quest.
  8. Praetorian Well-Known Member

in the EQ2 beta, that door was indeed the entrance way to Lavastorm. It really is under utilized.

DEVS!! Use that door for something great!!!!
    Seefar and Eles like this.
  9. Vallaria Member

Yes that would be so cool! Have that door be a gateway to Solsek's shard, or perhaps open up to perhaps the little bit of Lavastorm that remains on that continent before Lavastorm become it's own island.
  10. RpTheHotrod Member

The Keeper of Secrets was phased out awhile back. I'm surprised he's still there, if he is.
  11. Meirril Well-Known Member

I wouldn't open that door. I think the devs shoved all the owlbear spawns they removed from Nek forest behind that door.

Remember when you couldn't move 20 feet in Nek forest without agroing an owlbear?
    Xillean and Seefar like this.
  12. Mary the Prophetess Active Member

Wouldn't it be cool if it were a time portal and entering it would log you into EQ Live?
  13. Praetorian Well-Known Member

Some Dev give him some new text!!
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

After the rediscovery of Fadewyr the Keeper of Secrets examined her life and dealings with others. She found that she wasn't living up to her true nature. Since then she has learned to not give hints and to keep her secrets to herself.
    Praetorian likes this.
  15. Praetorian Well-Known Member

16. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Keeper is indeed still in there, was questing on a character and saw it.

Still want it to whisper cryptic messages, even if they're all just nonsense about random OP npc's in the lore, like Mayong and stuff.
  17. Praetorian Well-Known Member

EQ2 needs more little Easter Eggs like the Keeper of Secrets... We need to keep THE KEEPER there... make him relevant again guys! :)
    Seefar likes this.
  18. Seefar Well-Known Member

I visit the Keeper every now and then. I was last in that nek ;) of the woods a couple of weeks ago. He wasn't silent, but I can't recall what he said to me. (I wasn't aware that his messages changed.)
  19. Kayan New Member

Still the same as it has been forever. "When the one who walked from the water is made whole, the heralds of the nine shall arise. Knowledge is key. That is all"
  20. Praetorian Well-Known Member

/chants UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE........
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.