Keep getting new chat tabs everytime I login!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by TheDarkener34, Aug 15, 2017.

1. TheDarkener34 New Member

So whenever I login to eq2 I get a new chat tab that hovers over my chat, I already have 3 chat tabs that opened up everytime I login, how do I stop these chat tabs from opening up and how do I delete chat a tab? thanks!
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have not found a way to stop them. I just have to delete them every time and it only happens on one character.

To delete the new one, drag and drop it onto the other ones so it makes a new tab, with the new tab open, right click the chat window and select remove tab, a confirmation box should pop up. I have been doing this close to a year now.

Cyrrena
  3. Jörmungandr New Member

Have you tried deleting the chat tab from the character's uisettings.xml? For example if I wanted to delete the tab that shows the Crafting channel, I would delete the following lines from the .xml

Code:
    <ChatTab default_channel="say" display_id="0" filter="0100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000" title="Craft">
                        <Channel name="Crafting" />
                    </ChatTab>

title="Craft" means the tab is label with Craft. So if you know the name of extra tab then search for title="TabName". Just make sure to delete everything <ChatTab.... to </ChatTab>.

Also it would be good to create a backup copy of the .xml files
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Perciful Active Member

I had the same problem when I came back to the game after a long while. I used character UI settings that I had saved from previous years and I could not correct the chat tab abnormally. The old character UI does not seem to get along with updates that have been distributed over time. I finally deleted all character UI settings in the EQ2 folder and started from scratch, and built a complete new UI. The chat tab problem went away and I now have solid UI that can be used for alts as well.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That new window the OP is talking about doesn't have any tabs on it at all until you drag and drop it onto your normal chat window, then in my case it titles itself "Tab 1".

Thank you for the information, I will see if I can fix it with these solutions.

Cyrrena