Keep getting 'connection to server lost.'

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Nixer, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Nixer Active Member

Are you folks still patching ? It is 10:33 MST here and I keep getting knocked offline because my client thinks it has lost connection to the host. 1st time happened just about 9:59 MST, second about 10:04 MST, 3rd about 10:30 MST, and then the most recent about 10:33 MST. I did have one character see the "trying server #x" while trying to get logged in but that only went to '...server #2...' before connecting. My internet appears to be working good as I can connect and sign in to forums and check email, although that darn MS bs 'superfetch' seems to be up to something.
  2. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're aware of this issue with logins and have seen it affecting a number of players - the team is working on a fix for it right now. No ETA yet, but we'll be pushing out the patch as soon as we can.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  3. Nixer Active Member

Add 12:00 MST to that list; took a break for an hour, logged in, went outside to see if we really had a chance of getting snow, came back and the character select screen now had a "connection to server' popup which told me that my login had been terminated somewhere somehow.... So I clicked the exit button and EQ2 disappeared from my list of running apps and services. Additionally, the MS services Superfetch and Service Host: Windows Image Acquisition seem to be sitting near top of CPU% and Disk%, respectively; not that MS would ever preempt a user from accessing their own resources or applications :p
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be coming back offline on Tuesday, January 9, 2018 (today) at 2:00 PM PT (22:00 UTC) in order to fix an issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Downtime is estimated to last under 2 hours.

5. Evilnok Active Member

same here,I am also getting the screen to create new character every time this happens
  6. Jaeded Well-Known Member

The update I read said they were coming down at 9PM PT. Seems silly to wait that long given so many can't log in, hope your time is right.
  7. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Downtime for the patch will indeed be happening at 9:00 PM PT. It's not necessarily that we want to wait that long to patch, just have to make sure everything is in order with the build and the like.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Evilnok Active Member

we can log in ,it's just we get booted to the character screen now after this patch/downtime that is the problem we are having
  9. Jaeded Well-Known Member

Well to be fair I could login also...to the character select screen which was usually blank...and then got booted.
  10. Terp New Member

Cut them some slack; they've only been patching their patches for almost 20 years. :)
    Ceyllynn likes this.
  11. Draja New Member

Is this still being worked on because I uninstalled and reinstalled and still cannot connect?