Fixed Internally Karana Diety

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Jennise, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Jennise New Member

I've been working on Karana Diety. When I get to the last quest, The Stormfather, it says to go to Fens, to the altar on the beach. Use the seeds to open a portal for Askr. Supposed to keep him alive long enough for the Avatar of Storms to finish off the bad guy, and rez Askr to finish the quest. The Avatar of Storms is NOT showing up.
  2. Jörmungandr New Member

I am experiencing the same issue with this quest (The Stormfather). The quest seems to update properly up until just after the wave of putrescent anathemas and Avatar of Plagues. Askr is killed by the Avatar of Plagues and once the remaining anathemas are killed the quest updates, and the objective changes to: I should wait for the Avatar of Storms to finish off the weakened manifestation of the Avatar of Plagues. I should speak to him when he is through. Note: I have tried killing the anathemas immediately (before Askr is killed), and waiting until he is killed (by crowd controlling the anathemas). Both result in the issue.

The Avatar of Plagues seems to be conversing with an unknown entity. Here is a log of the event:
    (1598739812)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:32 2020] You have killed a putrescent anathema.
    (1598739812)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:32 2020] You receive no XP for this kill. (Combat XP Disabled)
    (1598739812)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:32 2020] \aNPC 34255862 Avatar of Plagues:Avatar of Plagues\/a says, "Brave men bet the odds; only stupid men accept challenges they can never live up to."
    (1598739812)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:32 2020] Too little too late... Your target is already dead.
    (1598739817)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:37 2020] \aNPC 34255862 Avatar of Plagues:Avatar of Plagues\/a says, "You should've stayed away! Now the worms will thread through the noses of your followers and you will be nothing!"
    (1598739827)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:47 2020] \aNPC 34255862 Avatar of Plagues:Avatar of Plagues\/a says, "Oh the sweet kiss of death doth dance a jig upon my brow... It's nothing! You believe you have won, but it is nothing!"
    (1598739827)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:47 2020] \aNPC 34255862 Avatar of Plagues:Avatar of Plagues\/a says, "Oh the sweet kiss of death doth dance a jig upon my brow... It's nothing! You believe you have won, but it is nothing!"
    (1598739827)[Sat Aug 29 18:23:47 2020] Alas, Avatar of Plagues has died from pain and suffering.

The Avatar of Plagues is killed by nothing. The body of Askr despawns shortly afterwards and there is a un-targetable swirl of snowflakes/ice nearby with no name. I am not sure if this is supposed to be the Avatar of Storms. There is no name above it.
  3. Fargone New Member

Five times I have tried, same results. Thanks!
    Jupiter likes this.
  4. Jörmungandr New Member

Update: If I wait until I can use the seed portal again (~30 minutes), the first wave doesn't spawn at all, it starts with the two anathemas and the Avatar of Plagues. When the anathemas are killed, Askr is killed by the Avatar of Plagues but the swirl of snowflakes/ice does not spawn either. Also I know the quest did work earlier, I think the most recent patch might have broken the script.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Ah, I found the culprit! He had been unintentionally permakilled along with the contested avatars. No wonder I couldn't reproduce the issue internally.

The good news is fixing it didn't require waiting until the next update! The Avatar of Storms should be back now for everyone on "The Stormfather" quest.

~ Kaitheel
    Breanna, Jörmungandr and Tkia like this.
  6. Fargone New Member

Thanks addressing this :)
  7. JanEQ Active Member