Kander's Candor Questions thread! [Always Open]

Discussion in 'Podcasts and Other Media' started by dreamweaver, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Priority Well-Known Member

So, I just finished the latest podcast, episode 4. I really appreciated that you made it known that player input is considered in class balancing decisions. The only issue is that many of us, myself included as an SK, are unsure of what the vision for our class is. I don't know if I'm meant to MT, OT, dps, or provide utility.

In those regards, we have some ok tools for each scenario, but nothing that sets us apart or ahead of any other tank class in terms of fulfilling those roles.

Is it possible to get an updated perspective on what the goal for each class is? I know that may ruin some illusions players have of their favorite class, however, I feel the majority of players would be thankful knowing they've rolled a class conducive to their preferred playstyle.

It's hard for me to give feedback about a class when I don't know what my role is outside of being a filler class because a better option isn't available.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the part about Aeralik and denying his Dark Elf Assassin days of making Assassin's very overpowered.
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Reposted for Ingerimm

4. Carynn Well-Known Member

Are we done with ascensions and can let them go obsolete like the deity system? (Please say yes!)
    Quillyne, chattie, Udonn and 4 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Please bring back the deity system and add more deities.
    elflover, Raff, SolarFaire and 2 others like this.
  6. Saw-Lau Member

Cyrrena, SolarFaire and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes, this!:D

I have a toon who wants Prexus as her deity, and another who wants E'ci.
  8. Gkarx Member

1. removing veil and void potions from overseer give the alchemist something to sell..warrior experts have fallen off the cliff as time has gone by
    2. fix potion depots for housing either add a new box with 80 or increase the existing from 40 to 80 or remove the lore tag so multiple potion depots can be added
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and SolarFaire like this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The dichotomy between Carynn and Cyrrena's posts are amazing.
  10. Soober New Member

all in all it was a decent episode. my only gripe was how the pay to win aspect of the game seemed like it was avoided. at this point in the game to be a top end raider (most classes) you kind of have to pay to win. Kander has touched on how heroic zones you should be using expert lvl spells however even in raids masters don't seem to drop often at all. this almost forces players that want to push their classes to pay to lvl up their spells. that being said this falls into many things added in this xpack with very limited ways to max. new mounts, new mercs, new adorns, new infusers most of these items can be purchased for a pay to win style game.

the lvl 8 adorns this xpack are insane to try to get as well, why aren't these on any loot tables? even if they were just added to the end raid mob to limit how many people can get them or even just the recipes. going from last xpack most of us had fully functioning setups with adorns, spells ect. coming into this xpack its nearly impossible to build that back up without emptying your bank account or just recognize you will never perform as well as the people in your raid who have spent lots of $$.
    Mercychalice and SolarFaire like this.
  11. Jafa New Member

1. Can we expect a 7th Fighter and mage class to eventually come out ? or maybe looking into dual class characters
    2. Any way to make a depot for Gear (stackable only in depot) ? or expanding guild bank storage/ tabs
    3. I enjoy the podcasts keep it up !
  12. Codan Elessar New Member

I returned to the game last year after a few years away, still have alot of catching up to do...
    1.)
    Enjoyed the crafting in the CD xpac, to me the mastercrafted experimented items were comparable to the better solo loot drops especially when infused and/or leveled. The BoL xpac...not so much. To make a mastercrafted item seems so intensive and costly that it isn't worth the effort. The mastercrafted items also seem so much less desirable than the lowest "trash" loot items that it kinda seals the deal. Please, can the EQ2 team rectify this and bring the joy back to crafting in the next xpac???
    2.)
    When I returned to game was looking forward to my 15 year Veteran Reward when it came time...only to find that they no longer exist. Any chance of that coming back at least on a quinquennial basis with something unique that the loyal players can enjoy and show off???
    3.)
    Dungeon Finder...to the best of my knowledge never worked well. Can the team rework this feature and not just have past dungeons but include the current content from the latest xpac dungeons and heroic zones???
    4.)
    Please can you do something with the Familiar quest so it is not impossible to level our familiars???

Codan - Maj'Dul server
    Cyrrena and SolarFaire like this.
  13. Holyduke Member

Just one request. Remove the "Reduces Ability Doublecast by 50%" penalty of Moderate V. Guardians combat arts are already extremely weak and putting this on someone so they get the benefit of the ability is a hard pill to swallow. Maybe during the AA revamp you can put something in that makes this penalty go away?
    SolarFaire and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Glynt Active Member

Can you fix the red adorn please. More drops from heroic zones would surely bring people to group together. The adorns are fine its the drop implementation.

Remember this is an MMO people want to group not solo or Overseer. You must get back to grouping as a priority. I know Kander said he doesn't play EQ2 for fun but some people still do. We'd like to group for a reason red adorns would be a good start.

Thanks.
  15. Nelie Well-Known Member

What would the possibility of creating a new celestial quest weekly like the one in CD and have the set runes and Juxta/Witness/Glory/Championship VIII runes as rewards, picking 1 per quest? I think that would be the best solution as it would ramp up the LFG channel, give people a chance outside of RNG for runes, and still be a slow type of progression.
    Cyrrena and SolarFaire like this.
  16. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Would it be possible to put into the game some extremely rare items that would be very nice (maybe tier 1 or 2 raid?) that could be awarded for solo/duo play? Limit them to 1 or 2 equipped, or whatever. It would just add a slight bit of excitement to opening chests. As a famous Alabama football coach once said, 'even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while'. We sort of had this I think in Thalumbra?
    Cyrrena, SolarFaire and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Carynn Well-Known Member

Well.... not really. The deity system I am talking about is the ToT tithe-related deity system, where everyone shoved all their points into sta/pot/crit and they finally just gave away baubles and got rid of the system. Cyrrena's talking about the EoF-RoK deities and their quests and altars. Two different things!
  18. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Weeeelllll never mind then lol.
    Cyrrena, Breanna, Carynn and 4 others like this.
  19. elflover Well-Known Member

please!
  20. SolarFaire Active Member

For Deity, and for role-play, could we also have some evil classes/races be able to, you know, choose to follow say, Elrosi? Even Tier D'al can fall in love. The quests could be increased difficulty, I mean, to have to overcome a God/Goddess' biases would make for some intriguing storytelling. Marr's code of honor, Look to the Klingons from Star Trek. They wholly believed in honor. Just brainstorming here.
    Cyrrena likes this.