Kander's Candor Episode 9: We Have A Guest!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jun 24, 2020.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Kander's Candor Episode 9 is here!

You can find it on Anchor, Spotify, iTunes, & Stitcher (It's also on our website HERE if you don't want to use those services.)

Want to ask a question?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...s-candor-questions-thread-always-open.594046/

Welcome to Episode 9 of Kander's Candor. It's our first guest episode! This week Kander and Dreamweaver are joined by Gninja to talk about raiding in Blood of Luclin and where it currently stands. No player questions but those will return in Episode 10.
    parissa, Cyrrena, Bludd and 1 other person like this.
  2. Tomshindo Active Member

Is it only me that I couldn't see any of the video player along with the download link within the official page?
    I actually need the file to translate and I still cannot see them with other browsers either.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, there is no player on the page. Please fix it. We want to listen to the episode!
    Cyrrena and Tomshindo like this.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

thanks for the long-awaited episode 9 (not a flame hug hug)
    but we non-raiders have been working on the scepter quest like mad and the drop-rate is abysmal *cry*

edit: cant wait for ttobey to be special guest ;)
    Cassta, parissa, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  5. Backstabbber Member

It says click here if you don't have those services but there is nothing there?
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Schmetterling like this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

besides the first 2 I was never again able to listen , so I gave up on it .
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

hm i just go to anchor on the link and press play on tape
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Billiemo Member

I am happy that yall are sharing what you are doing and what you are planning on doing. However, it is so frustrating to me that every episode seems to center on group play as raids and heroic and not so much on solo play. I have played many games and this is the game I have found that does have pretty great solo content. That being said, I have played almost 3000 days and I want to see someway that solo players or possible 2-3 players can get access to some of the items only found in heroic dungeons. I work hard to make my characters as best as I can and I am not opposed to hard work. However when there is content that I can never achieve without grouping with 6 other players. I wish you would consider the players who do not like to group and work harder to make duo dungeons to accommodate this group going forward. All being said, I love playing this game. I really enjoy the crafting and house building which actually kept me playing when frustrations came up. Please take a look at this seriously and thanks again for sharing.
    Cassta, Miauler, Cyrrena and 4 others like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

all dungeons are for at least 2 players , because the mercenary counts like a player so you can have a merc or another player
    with you in almost all instances that are considered solo .
    So if you go into an instance for 6 players , that means if each brings out their merc , the dungeon is now full .
    Cassta, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Not sure what the issue is, I can see it on my end. I am trying to troubleshoot it. Sorry everyone!
    Cassta, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Spindle Well-Known Member

Paused Ghostery and reloaded; that generally does the trick. Nope. No player.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  13. Svenone Well-Known Member

I didn't see the player when I first started to listen to the podcast, but a few minutes later I checked again and can now see the player. I was listening via itunes, if that makes any difference.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It's likely fixed now, i had to delete and reupload the file and change the page formatting but that appears to have fixed it for others.
    Cassta, Spindle, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  15. Backstabbber Member

Cyrrena likes this.
  16. dorotea Well-Known Member

>That being said, I have played almost 3000 days and I want to see someway that solo players or possible 2-3 players can get access to some of the items only found in heroic dungeons.<

Standard answer number 1 - group play is harder so it deserves better rewards. This, of course, is clearly wrong since it is often easier to do a dungeon as one player in a group. Those who know it very well make it easier for the others. Those with above average gear or skill make it easier for the others. A solo player has to rely only on him or her self and maybe a mercenary.

Standard answer number 2 - you don't need group or raid gear to do solo play and if you want the best gear you simply need to group or raid. It will destroy all incentive to group or raid if the same gear drops in solo dungeons. This is an entirely valid answer,
  17. Efec New Member

Just a question about Merc's, are we ever going to see any dps merc's that can actualy put out decent dps, The main reason I know a some healers that even with decent gear solo boss fights still take a long time up to 8 to 10 minutes, Also we have decent healer merc's and tank merc's that DPS classes like my necro with the starting zone gear can burn down a boss mob within 2 to 2.5 minutes.
    Cassta likes this.
  18. Chath Well-Known Member

Pretty sure mercs are bugged and their abilities don't use potency, so no merc will do any meaningful damage with their abilities. You can reforge their gear to increase their dps mod to a few thousand and get their flurry to around 200 so their autoattack becomes noticeable, though. Also the SK damage shield works with potency for some reason so the only merc that does actual damage is an SK merc if they're tanking
    Cassta likes this.
  19. Efec New Member

Just posting her so maybe something here they could look at.
  20. CSP84 Well-Known Member

As for Answer Number 1 -MMORPGs should focus on Multiplayer Content. There are lots of games for Solo Player.
    Solo Player usually have this "Sandbox" thinking meaning they don't understand or want to see that there is a Progression : Solo -> Heroic -> Raid.
    If Raidloot would drop like candy in Solo zones player wouldnt bother grouping and content would be finished within a couple of days after release.
    Solo Player usually "make a conscious decision" not to participate in any other content but soloplay. So its there own decision.

Being said that i would support for Solo Player to have a chance of the green adornment from the Raidquest. As i understand only doing solo weeklys will give you a chance on 2 ethereal items.Although not being able to level them up, Solo player would still have T3 raidloot quality items.
    Snikkety likes this.