Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Siren Well-Known Member

All the classes will be available for you to create your characters from on Kaladim and Nagafen, except for the Channeler and Beastlord, because they aren't launch era and the content would need to be rebalanced around them.

Nagafen has a 1 character per account limitation. You can roll as many characters on Kaladim as you have available character slots open for. Both servers are gold subscription only.

When they both launch on Saturday, March 16th, you will find the Nagafen PvP server under the "Event Server" character creation choice. Nagafen is a 12-week long, Free for All (factionless) open PvP event server; your character will get wiped in 12 weeks, and be gone forever after the 12 weeks is up.

Kaladim will be under Progression server in character creation (Fallen Gate will up in that list, too, once you create your character and are picking your character name, so be sure to choose Kaladim from the right-hand server list).
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

If your a European player you fist have to change your version
    In the left lower corner of your launch pad you will find this.
    Click on that and it will open select game version and a drop down menu
    select US English and click Apply and it will patch you to the American servers.

don't forget to do the same thing when you want to go back to the EU English version.

you can also get into the Public Test server or when available the Beta server.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Trasor Active Member

The similarities between the concerns of the TLE server and the seasonal PvP server are pretty large actually.

I think the culture of gaming is different now, maybe I am wrong, but no one seems to have the sheer hours to grind it out anymore. Hopefully the xp rates match quest leveling lines on both servers, and there is an incentive to explore as much of the content as we can!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Shonshazzitt Active Member

Some people have limited toon counts. Why play on a dead server when you can just delete and reroll onto a populated one.
    Also I love EQ2, been playing since day 1 (or close too it lol) But, when stuff like this happens, it just makes me shake my head and sigh.
    The merge will be happening, and generally into AB, that is cause and effect.
    I see it as another cash grab with the xp pots, and ways to make SP, I will be honest, I did spend money on XP pots, moreso for crafting xp than adventure, that is alot of toons to get to 80 at the time lol.
    Siren likes this.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

Stormhold and deathtoll all came out with the same fervor and the nostalgic tag and people actually thinking that it would revive the good old days. They did not. SH died and so did DT, players forced to move servers. Next in line of terrible ideas to milk money: FG which will inevitably soon meet its end and so will Nagafen owing much to deliberate failed management and running of the servers. As soon as people reach max level on these and lose interest they will annoy them even more with useless inclusions, bad itemisation and then dangle the next TLE server in front of them.

This only works because we are collectively cuckoo for EQ2 and always hope that the devs will right by this game one day. How wrong are we...

P.S. the news letter to introduce Kaladim is so meh...it may even be copy paste from the FG launch. I mean seriously, apart from the inclusion of old towns (which should never had been taken out in the first place), there is nothing unique about the TLE server.
    Siren, Rhodris and Kalika like this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

I cane late on Fallen Gate (end of Fae expansion), i raided during RoK and TSO then left 3 monthes ...

Of course i got some fun, the raids were easy enough without being trivial but solo and heroic content was absolutely trivial, i remember that for maiden you needed either two healer or a chanter or really decent heroic gear if you were to go with a single heaer an no mezzer on Fallen Gate we cleared it while leveling in pick up with people wearing treasured crap.

Even for solo content i remeber quite tough 1^ named (like the bee queen), really tough trash mobs like the iksar SKS or Wyverns tieh s super long stun ... on Fallen gate those mobs did not only no damage but they dies very quickly. Whn i returned after a break at the end of TSO it was even more broken
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

People give the devs a break, some people pull this way others that way some say Stormhold was to hard , now people say FG is to easy.
    I guess it's just not possible to please everybody
    I am afraid people will run over to the new server and a lot of them will
    The difference between SH and FG is SH was already going down before we even heard FG is coming out.
    Fallen gate just got an expansion and we got to fly , I tell you we had 5 channels up for Great divide and that was around noon, before the server was suddenly locked. o well we got a view more days to play on a FG before we will see if the 16th of march is dooms day.
    And yes the company is trying to make money , but come on they can't run a busyness for free.
    Toxify, Cyrrena and Molly like this.
  8. Whiizom New Member

So basically Kaladim is a mulligan for Fallen Gate. o_O
  9. Saints Member

As someone who is basically a New Player to Everquest 2 (yeah, we still exist, even in 2019), I've been waiting for the next Time-Locked server and initially I am very excited by this announcement.

-I started on Fallen Gate server a few months back, but was really sorry I missed some of the expansions and by then the level cap was being increased and I would rather grow with the server from the start so I stopped, but the fun I had on there was top notch!

-I played some EQ2 on live servers off and on since 2005, but can't really say I've put much time and effort in to get anywhere (like even beyond level 20), and over the last few years I've tried to get into it but struggled. Probably due to a few factors: XP comes in too fast (yeah I can move AA sliders, but sheesh), being overwhelmed by zones and the world, the mount speed is insane and too fast, and not having people to group with at my level. Going back to the start is very appealing to me.

So with basically 4 pages of negativity around Kaladim, I'm not really grasping what is so bad about this server.
    Is this a bad place for me to really begin?
    Are there missing things that would be considered essential?
    Carynn, Nytelock1, Toxify and 5 others like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Saints , don't worry people are negative because they don't want FG to go down
    For you Kaladim is a very good opportunity to enjoy this game from the beginning , I too played for many years but on the regular servers I was always lacking behind , always trying to catch up.
    I don't like to just rush to the end game there is to much to do to much to see to much fun you run by if you just power level up to the top , so yes take it easy take it as slow as you want . I have many good memories playing on FG , make your own :)on Kaladim.
    Rienna, Toxify, GrunEQ and 5 others like this.
  11. Ghorast Active Member

p04 when?
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Most people don't ever come to the forums, because (a) most people can't be bothered to read and (b) because they're too busy having fun in-game.
    (2) People with gripes are highly motivated to come to the forums where they can gripe.

So, while the complaints about itemization are valid, the whole concept of "pay to win" somehow hurting the people griping is ridiculous. How fast someone else flies to end-game doesn't change YOUR experience of the quests and activities along the way. So, pay attention to WHO is complaining: there are a couple of very vocal individuals. It's not hundreds griping, it's a handful who post a lot. Take what they say with a grain of salt, and consider how the stuff they're griping about will personally affect YOU.

Yes, once you get to the stage of raiding (if you even want to raid, not everybody does), then yes, it's really embarrassing for people who think the wedding-tackle measurement of DPS is the end-all and be-all to be out-DPSed by people with expensive familiars and purchased Master or better spells. XP and vitality potions don't affect end game play., they just get you to end game faster. Which is fine, if that's the only content you want to experience.

But the reality is, there are lots of people on Fallen Gate (and I'm sure will be on Kaladim) who want to quest, to solo, who might occasionally group, but never raid. There will be people who are really, really into interior decorating, Norrath-style (it's a lot of fun). Some people are really into crafting. I like a mix of all those things, myself.
    Kurisutaru, Rosyposy, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  13. Araxes Active Member

Looking forward to this!

A few suggestions I have, noted in blue, below. Thanks!

Rienna and Toxify like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This close to the launch date there is no time to implement your wish list. Maybe for the next TLE server in a year of two.
  15. Araxes Active Member

I don't presume to know what they may or may not be able to implement, either before, or after launch, but I made my suggestions, all the same.
  16. Alenna Well-Known Member

I suspect that they will handle the zone in the way they do for other zones that are reused a choice. that is if they have the city quests still if it is the old days the new line for city quest story wasnt' there.
  17. Toxify Member

I am super excited for this server.
    I haven't played EQ2 for years, but I'll be making a come back for this.
    Carynn and Molly like this.
  18. 66books New Member

Will Kaladim be reset after a certain point or will it stay put like the live servers are now?
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

They tend to shut down the TL servers every 1 1/2 to 2 years after launch. Stormhold got shut down when Fallen Gate opened, and Fallen Gate will probably get shuttered this year because of Kaladim. Once they get to the DoV expansion, it's usually all over and they release another server. Fallen Gate is a prime example of this: DoV just dropped yesterday, and Kaladim is launching March 16th.

Even though I intend to stay on FG, it's days are obviously numbered. It seems the devs have never really reitemized any gear past DoV, and most players will probably move on to Kaladim once it's open anyway. I guess Daybreak gets a bigger burst of cash from the cash shop (bags, XP pots, mounts etc.) starting everyone over from scratch every year or two.
  20. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

TLE servers get shut down and the toons get transferred with all their belongings to a server of your choice , if you don't pick one they pick one for you .
    But that will only happen if people stop playing on such server, so far we only had one example for that so it's anybody's guess if and when that will happen to FG or Kaladin after.
    on eq1 TLE servers stay up till they catch up with the regular servers and than become a regular server.