Kaladim TLE Server - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 22, 2019.

1. igknats New Member

Keep the Krono off Kaladim server!!
  2. Lord Valence New Member

It would be great if we could get an official response on whether or not the pre-order illusion and mount will be usable on Kaladim and whether or not spell research, xp pots, etc will be available.
  3. Surgeon Active Member

When FG started those new people were bitter and toxic.
    Currently FG's population is very friendly and fun.
    I'm playing on life though for 3 reasons:
    1. I didn't like SF much, never did
    2. The guild I raided with is raiding 7am my time and I can't make that time any more.
    3. There's no room for a brig in any Euro time guilds

But I loved DoV and I quit before CoE launch and didn't play during the ToV expansion either. Quitting EQ2 was the best decision, I did something helpful for me and others, saved lifes of refugees with my work and I'm proud of it.
    But I'd like to play and raid during DoV, CoE and ToV.
    This new TLE however is going to kill FG just like FG killed SH,
    because people go where the hype is, where people are. People attract people. New stuff even if it's old attracts more people.
    The only thing you can rely on with the company is that they will always chose the wrong and worst possible solution regarding their player base. It's like they hate us.
    I also enjoy FG because unlike live I don't have to harvest hours upon hours to make enough plat to afford the bids on raids or buying planar energy (spell components) and to infuse new pieces of gear.
    I wish those damned ascension spells went away on live. You're essentially playing 1 of 3 classes (no one likes or plays Geomancer because it's low dps).
    Live is boring grindy and annoying but at least I have my exp potions, my CoV, my free houses, my guild hall and the broker anywhere and the mail anywhere and the quick travel and all the little perks. I don't have to /house every time I'd like to go somewhere and I'll see new content in the form of raids.
    I was really looking forward to roaming Kael again, to do ascent and kill bob and grind some orc faction and do the Eireen the Broken fight and then Spire of Rage and all the Drunder stuff and Skyshrine, so much great content so many raids.
    But no.
    New TLE server will ruin everything.
    Grind as content.
    Grind again, hey it's only the 30th time I did start from scratch.
    Dragon language, again? Really? And now with added collection grind? Done that on RTT. It was not fun but it brought in the krono and in a way I got to meet the good population of eq2 past and present. I'll say it again. RTT had some of the nicest and most friendly people who know what they were doing at least that was the case with the people I played. RTT was re-living the hardcore grind for the purpose of competition. That was fun and not fun, the grinding wasn't but the competitive but friendly atmosphere was.
    They're killing FG on purpose.
    Celebrations my ***.
    Killing it with low exp so new blood won't join and old blood will abandon ship because a new server means a new opportunity. And it will be the same again. 600 people casual guilds with the 5 6 raid guilds. Most will fold and collapse and people will leave again etc etc etc until it's at SF and a new TLE comes.
    The eternal hamster wheel.
    And the rest of FG will be put on AB where no one plays. I'd like to move my RTT chars from AB to another server but I can't.
    Because apparent the dealine passed when I took a break from eq2 (and I thought it was my last break, didn't think I'd ever return again because of the way those people treat their customers).
    Grinding tradeskillers again? For what? To have them taken away again at the end of SF?
    The original game without AA isn't fun.
    Not with those mechanics and FUBAR gear and stats but they don't want to revert them back to what they were originally.
    New blood?
    What new blood?
    And how long will it last?

^ = Daybreak
    Yeah I'm pissed. Celebrations my ***.
    Beaue likes this.
  4. Ghorast Active Member

I wonder how many of these FG fans are just mad they wasted so much shekels leveling up their familiars. No one is forcing anyone to play on Kaladim and they are even releasing DoV this time so if and when FG dies it's certainly not Daybreaks fault (suprisingly).
    Schmetterling likes this.
  5. Malachy Well-Known Member

To the the very, very small population still playing on FG that are concerned about the new TLE, I have to say this:
    • AB has vastly more people than you do or that you'll ever get back onto FG. Think about what that says and means for a moment. And, yes, for the 20 very active players you might lose on FG, you'll gain at least ten times that on AB.
    • One of ABs top 3 populated guilds is a progression guild, it is something, as a community, they've always supported.
    • The primary reason for a TLE isn't just nostalgia or a unique redo with different rewards and a community interested in it, it's because stats and game mechanics were vastly different before DoV and you cannot recreate that on live. Even if you turn off AAs and play naked, you can't come close to the same difficulty for the oldest content. However, there's no reason to NOT be on a live server to experience DoV and beyond at this point.
    So, personally, the only thing I'd be asking for is free transfer tokens and a timeline for the merge. Which, by the way, I've been asking for over 3 months ago when the server unofficially died. The Kaladim announcement didn't kill FG, it was already dead.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

I still see lots of people running around Fallen Gate in many level ranges whenever I'm on.

There's no ascension junk nor soulbound glowies to deal with on Fallen Gate.

Kaladim's expansions come every four months. It has a "Miserably Slow XP Grind Ahead" sign at its front door.

I hope Kaladim's crafting XP isn't as hella slow as Nagafen's, but I'll bet they're releasing with the same template.

Fallen Gate's adventure and crafting XP are way better than Nagafen's/Kaladim's.

I can see the old neighborhoods when they release to Fallen Gate-- they're coming to all servers next.

Fallen Gate finally has a lot of EQ2's best holidays.

Sorry, I'm staying on Fallen Gate.

Schmetterling likes this.
  7. Lord Valence New Member

All of the people complaining about Kaladim will wind up on Kaladim; It's inevitable. I don't understand why people don't realize TLE is temporary. Everyone thinks they know better, but DBG has the internal numbers and know how many people are playing on FG. FG has been a dead server for months now, just because you have a guild that actively plays doesn't mean the server isn't dead. If the majority of players enjoyed DoV+ content then the server would remain active.
    Fetish likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They didn't "waste" anything. Their familiars will be just as leveled when they fold FG into (probably) AB.
  9. Ghorast Active Member

Well fine 5 or so people who eventually end up playing on live after the server merge two years from now didn't waste it. Happy now mister semantics?
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

That's "Mrs. Semantics" to you.
  11. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

*In time, these hoods will also be available for all other servers.* This was the most important thing in the post. I've avoided TLEs because I have plenty to do on the Live one, but I may look into Kaladim.
  12. Puakk New Member

Roxxly - What are the XP rates going to be like vs other servers? Will it be enhances or tuned down?
    Siren likes this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

We just got a third server opening up for the same zone I would not call that dead
    True , there are guilds that only come on when there is a new expansion coming out , to level up as fast as they can
    I hope they will stick around for those raids we get for the next expansion on Tuesday.
    You should have seen FG doing the PQ during Erollisi day we had more people than on any regular server till the end of that
    festival, and I know I been on about all of them.

But this is not about FG it's about the new server I hope there are enough people to keep both going.
    Siren likes this.
  14. Mashef Member

What are the exp rates? If it is not at least double FG it sounds like another DBG dud server. FG was horrible and it turned into you had to buy group pots just to get a group invite and it was an unreasonable amount of horus required just to get one toon to 50. Four weeks is a long time but I won't get suckered into another toxic community requiring potions just to get an invite. I would rather three box progress through live servers that I can sub when i want to play or craft and mess around as F2P when I don't want to burn these kronos on subs.

The challenge part is interesting but only if the grouping/exp is relatively easy to grind.
  15. Hayden Mathew New Member

Yes, I am ready for this journey of Everquest II. Its really gonna be very exciting to all of the gamers who play this game.
    Molly likes this.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

You don't know that is true for Kaladim. We have no idea what the leveling will be like.
    Rhodris likes this.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

There are four months in between each expansion drop.

Even the Nagafen healing nerfs to all fighter classes are listed in the "In Testing" forum patch notes as being headed for all TLs (apparently when Nagafen goes live March 16th). :p

Need Daybreak say more?

18. Zenji Well-Known Member

They also said itemization will be shared between Nagafen and Kaladim, but that does not imply XP is shared. So again I say you don't know what the XP will be like. But I hope you enjoy your stay on FG.
  19. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So I'm a little unclear as to how we get onto the Kaladim server? And will all of our characters be the same and available there except for Channelers and Beast Lords? Could somebody please explain this to me, as to how we participate in Kaladim and Nagafen servers? Thanks in advance!
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It will be a whole new server, and no, you won't be able to transfer your current toons there. You will have to roll new characters just as with any new TLE server. Kaladim will be available sometime in March... read the announcement post for the exact date.
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.