Kaladim Stat Priority?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by GambitsEnd, Apr 19, 2019.

1. GambitsEnd New Member

Is there a place that lists and/or explains what stat priority is for a TLE servers? For example, Kaladim.
  2. Bekkr Well-Known Member

The stat system has been so completely simplified at this point that you really don't need a list or anything. Every class uses "Primary stat" for damage, etc., and stamina for HP. The only thing you really need to even think about at this point is offensive, defensive, and spell skills. They're pretty self explanatory (defensive for tanks, offensive for melee dps, spell for the rest, essentially).
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Ealdwulf New Member

Adding to the OP's question, do starting primary stats have a significant impact on a character as it levels higher on Kaladim where we don't have as many ways to increase stamina, wisdom, str, etc. as we do on the traditional servers? For example, a dark elf has 10 stamina at character creation. It will rise as we level and as we add gear with +sta but 10 stamina looks anemic compared to almost all other classes. Likewise, if a person wanted to roll an Ogre Shaman are they starting in a hole they won't make up because of the much lower wisdom of an Ogre at character creation?
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

They have an impact but it isn't significant. Obviously, if you're into Min/Maxing, you have to take this (and all the other racial abilities) into account.
  5. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Primary stats don't really matter, they are on such a curve that even on Fallen Gate; getting bolster they hardly made a difference as it starts to go on such a hard curve once you reach a certain amount. As long as you reach the 65% softcap in t5, which you can with bard/pot/food&drink you're good to go. The cap for reaching above 65% outgoing damage at even level 50/60 is so high, that even using every int bonus in game; you're unlikely to see a significant difference in the long run.

As far as the other stats? Itemization in this game typically doesn't really offer choices for the player because of how stats are allocated, for example you will find a ring from heroics with crit, pot, ab mod, cast, etc. Then find a ring from raids with max health, spell skills, pot, and MA. You kinda just gotta look all over the place for the best gear.

There is no clear cut example of stat priority, just best in slot. Think more about the slot the gear is going into instead of stat priority, you will find itemization a lot easier to deal with.

It would be great if for example you had a set with max health, one with a "hybrid set" one with a pure glass cannon spec, but that doesn't exist, just whack a mole what did the bot decide to make BiS.

As far as Spell skills: Focus affects how your wand hits in terms of hit rates(until they copy/paste the crossbow from nagafen) in which case you will need weapon skills as a mage, which won't be itemized on gear incentivizing mages. The remainder bonuses only really affect ministration in healers and a small increase to spells, which reduces power cost of healing spells; which doesn't matter because no fight is long enough to out power feed your efreeti boots. Disruption increases the low end of your spells, meaning a spell hits for 500-700 for example, every 100(at level 90, maybe 60 for 50? (didn't really test super hard) increases the low end by 2%, meaning it now ranges from 510-700. I haven't really found any mobs resisting spells on any of the TLE's, only really popped adds which sometimes resist random blue aoes as soon as they pop, but this moreso in late game when adds are actually orange, in which case a good brig with cornered will handle that situation.

Melee skills increase your melee auto hit rate, and your combat arts. Defensive skills apply to contested avoidance, but mobs are high enough level that it's very insignificant. The only thing defensive skills contribute to is upping your uncontested block, but it's at such a slow ratio that you will see less than 0-1% difference on the avoidance report.
    Pixistik likes this.
  6. JikkoActually New Member

Do defensive skills cap at a certain point? I can't give exact numbers because I'm not at home right now, but I was toying with swapping around different pieces of tank gear, and it seems like after a certain point additional defensive skills have no effect on displayed avoidance at all. Even swapping in gear with more block doesn't actually increase my displayed block rate, leading me to believe that at the high end of tank gear, mitigation and max health are all that matters.
  7. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

The avoidance number in the character window is just a combination of all your avoidance in a cumulative number, it also rolls it against a same level target. The higher level the target, the more defensive skills you need to reach the "cap" per say. There was a formula back in DoV that allowed players to get uncontested parry/dodge etc for overcap defensive skills, but I don't know if it's still in game.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

I would say ability mod first (for almost any class), casting spped, crit chance and primary stats.

Racial do have an impact, my High elf conjuror get around 15 Ability mod at 45, and this is somewhat significant.
    You have other racial talents giving 2% casting speed or 1-2% crit chance.

Main has tracking (semi elf) and so she does not get very good racial, but tracking is really nice.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Note that ABMod caps at half your biggest hit, more ABMod than that is wasted.
    Breanna likes this.