Kaladim- Inquisitor AA build request

Discussion in 'Priests' started by SweetSwede, May 26, 2020.

1. SweetSwede New Member

Hi.

I have looked but not found much on this topic. My inq is now mid 50's and I got some 40 AA's.
    I am looking for advice on how to spend my AA's on Kaladim with the pot of 100 aa's we got.
    How to place the first 30, the next 40, and the last 30. (Maybe even on how to spend the 40 coming at the end of June?)

Basically I am looking at two different builds:
    one questing/meleeing one (if going the melee route is any good?) and a lvl 70 grouping heroics etc build.
    I am too casual to be much of a raider.

If anyone could help me out, that would be great!
  2. Cviidar New Member

I use pretty much the same spec for both soloing and grouping. Its only raiding where I use a different spec to give myself an AE blocker and boost to one of my debuffs that I don't use when grouping because the mobs die before I can cast it.

For both grouping and soloing, one of the most important skills is Steadfast. Being immune to interrupts while casting that all important heal is critical no matter what you are doing. Next, I would go with the combat arts. They can also save you a bit of plat as you don't have to worry about upgrading your damage spells if you are using the combat art equivalents. After that, look at your gear. Do you need more crit chance or casting speed? Get those AA's if you need them. Back to the Inquisitor AA's, Battle Cleric is useful if you're getting hit. Reach of Faith is only needed if you have a group where everyone runs off on their own (though its vital on raids when you need to keep your distance from the named). I can't count the number of times I've had multiple group members run off, each expecting me to follow them, only healer in the group, while in reality I'm staying glued to the tank.

For me, the difference between soloing and grouping isn't AA's but gear. DPS/Haste/Multi-Attack for soloing. Cast/Reuse for grouping/raiding. I don't really need more casting speed (97% when raid buffed) so I didn't go that route. Depending on your gear, you may want separate specs for soloing vs. grouping. You don't really need casting speed when soloing but it sure helps when grouping. Also keep in mind that my soloing mostly consists of dealing with random mobs while I'm out harvesting. I just want to kill it fast and get back to the business at hand. I'm not really geared or spec'ed for soloing blue or harder heroics.

You can see my AA specs at https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/2619932454588 General is for soloing/grouping. Debuff/Blocker is my raid spec. Casting is just something I play with from time to time. Its not a serious spec. Fair warning, these will probably all change in a month or so when ROK comes out.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. SweetSwede New Member

Thank you so much for sharing your specs. They have been most helpful.

Now have battlecleric etc and it makes a world of differance when fighting.

Once again, thank you!