Kaladim - Guild Halls

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lyranny Hawk, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Lyranny Hawk New Member

And I said, "Before you say it, yes I know it has been stated there will NOT be guild halls on Kaladim server. But, I'd like to make an argument in favor of them.".... that's all I'm doing is opening up a dialogue in the hopes that it can become a "maybe" if re-vamped and the community-ruining perks are turned off/removed - rather than it being a flat out "no".

2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

"No" just about covers it me thinks.
    Oh and I don't agree with Sig this time..I think you should try holding your breath while waiting for guild halls.
  3. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

You do know guild halls are coming right?
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  4. Lyranny Hawk New Member

There are many things that the devs said would never come to EQ2, but they did. It isn't an impossibility that their minds change. No breath holding here. Just simply offering up a way to have our cake and eat it too - so to speak. It doesn't have to be "all or nothing" with guild halls. And you absolutely never know what will or will not happen.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

Do tell.

Love this attitude.
  6. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

When Kalidim merges with AB Walla! guild halls
    One of the attractions to me for TLE is the fact that there are NO guild halls, I wouldn't mind a guild bank, but I do just fine without one.
    I love going to the cities and seeing people..the game feels alive again, you add guild halls and the people in the cities will disappear.
    I know it sounds selfish, but if you need guild halls then there are live servers that could probably use the company.
    Cyrrena, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  7. Lyranny Hawk New Member

None of the features I requested with guildhalls would cause any of the previous issues. I want the same thing when it comes to people still populating the cities. If people fled to guildhalls to look at trophies for hours at a time there is something wrong with them. They only did so because everything you needed was found in the guildhall which was a huge mistake. If done right, I don't see why they cannot exist without damaging the sense of community in any way, shape, or form. I'm not looking for guildhalls as they are on live. I'm looking for a compromise where the building can exist without all of the game-altering perks.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Right click a TLE banker to access the guild bank. That existed long before guild halls.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Unless my UI is whacked...guild bank is not an option on Kalidim
    Cyrrena, Feara and Breanna like this.
  10. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yeah there are currently no guild banks on Kaladim.
    Cyrrena and Zenji like this.
  11. Grayven Member

Sig has trouble mentoring down to the TLE experience on Kaladim.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Feara Well-Known Member

One of the attractions on live is I can do all my business and craft out in the city and not have to deal with the morons because everybody has a guild or wants to be in one. I'm loving it.

~~~

Which reminds me, if there is a Dev that happens to see this I have a question.

Why o why did you never place a workbench inside The Jewel Box?
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I play(ed) on FG and we had guild banks.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  14. Zenji Well-Known Member

Not in Vanilla you didn't. Guild banks unlock with DoF. Was the same way on FG and SH.
    Kalika, Bekkr and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Rally flag would be nice, but I also miss:
    Banners (resists, etc)
    Marker Flags - Leading casual guilds, it was so nice to set a green flag and red flag and tell people to move between flags as needed.
    Creature Summoner - Testing healing related effects, specs, etc.

In an ideal world, we would have a single guild hall instance shared between the entire server. This would require actual coding to make happen, so I wont hold my breath.

But a city zone that had some of the same merchants that were available in guild halls would be nice. They could release different merchants based upon their period 'correctness'.

Adding more features to housing, would just make houses defacto guild halls, and have the same 'negative' results. The best compromise is a single shared 'Hall' for the entire server, but I wouldn't enable it till RoK when these things launched originally.
    Pixistik likes this.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

Now this is an interesting thought and new to me. Have you seen this concept in a game before?
    Pixistik likes this.
  17. Grayven Member

And I play on Kaladim, and we don't. I'm not saying I like the restrictions, but it does make the day-to-day different than Live, and I've gotten a lot more inventive (read: lazy) about working around them.

For example, I talked to the city registrar and got the Bold Confrontation guild writ just so that I could use the door in EFP to get to Antonica. Never even thought about trying that in all the years I've been playing.
    Cyrrena and Pixistik like this.
  18. Pauket New Member

For example, I talked to the city registrar and got the Bold Confrontation guild writ just so that I could use the door in EFP to get to Antonica. Never even thought about trying that in all the years I've been playing.[/quote]

=====================================

Don't know about these doors. I really miss the ability to call to a room via the housing and leadership boards.
    Wish depots for personal rooms were larger too.
    We also need more clipboards for work orders placed around the crafting areas. there are not enough of them in N Qeynos for example. Maybe more than just the 3 that are in the crafting area. one above each crafting station maybe? Also they are hard to find in the crafting area in Halas. Took 20 minutes to find the one on the post. hard to see.

Also how about an option on merger to combine guilds with same name? I have guilds with same name on most servers. A real pain to individuals for each alt find someone that is logged on in the other guild to get invited.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I love guild halls, and wish we had them on the TLE servers. The cities are too crowded for this introvert; I prefer socializing with a smaller group of people. (Yes, I am actively playing on Kaladim in a great guild! I also played on both Stormhold and Fallen Gate.)
  20. Venser Active Member

The whole " I came to TLE to relive, or live for the first time, a near vanilla experience, but why don't we have guild halls?" Thing is so delusional. If you want to avoid cities, go to the suburbs where literally no one hangs out. You still have access to banks, brokers, housing, and crafting zones. If you need all guild hall conveniences, go play on live. If you want housing fast travel, take the extra 60 seconds and run. Cant run? Use the maiden voyage.
    Bekkr likes this.