Kaladim: Charmed Pet Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Mitze, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Mitze Member

The following are Coercer charmed pet issues that I found on the Kaladim server.
    1. The mobs ignore charmed pets. Even when I root the mob and send in my melee charmed pet, the mob will never attack the charmed pet.
    2. My charmed mage & priest pets will never cast spells. Even after issuing pet ranged commands and rooting the mob, my pet will just stand there and never cast anything. I've double checked with Aura Sense that the mob I want to charm can cast spells. I even rooted the mob and watched it cast spells at me. I Charm it and it never casts spells. Just melees.
    Observing, Rosyposy and Carynn like this.
  2. Carynn Well-Known Member

The first one is not a bug. They removed the pet aggro on charmed pets. Coercers are sad.
    Mitze likes this.
  3. Mitze Member

I just testing on Skyfire with almost the same results. Charmed pets will not use their spells. They even ignore the /pet ranged command and run up to melee. The Possess Essence of mage mobs seem to be working just fine.
  4. Mitze Member

I didn't know that. When did they make that awful change?
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

Mitze likes this.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea the not casting thing is not good I wonder when they were brocken
    In Shard of fear our Coercer would like to charm the singing imps , because they would give you dirge buffs .
    Mitze and Breanna like this.
  7. Mitze Member

I'm guessing the off Charm changes that were made on 9/4/2019 would be a good place to start looking. I really hope the Devs of Darkpaw will address this bug.
  8. Mitze Member

It's a very easy to verify this charm bug. How come there is no response from the Devs on this class defining spell for the Coercer?
  9. Alarra Well-Known Member

Charm is broken and has been for a long time.
    They did the thing with stopping pets from getting agro to either stop them from dying immediately in groups and also to stop high dps pets from tanking mobs. In last expac a charmed pet would almost immediately go splat when attacking a mob.

They did a charm nerf earlier this year where the charm pets used to have a weapon equipped and would benefit from the casters dps melee stat (maybe other stats as well).
    Before the nerf my charmed pet in "certain" zones was doing over 3 Trillion dps....now it does 1-10 million at Grandmaster while the Possess Essence does 100 mill to 200 mill at the same time of comparison.

In its current state on live it is a "don't bother to put on hotbar spell" now.
    Mitze likes this.
  10. Mitze Member

Thank you for the excellent background history of your experienced with Charm on Live. One would think that if the Devs don't have the ability to properly troubleshoot the issues with Charm, why not replace Charm all together with Possess Essence? That way when their customers who start leveling fresh Coercers on TLE & Live can at least have some type of functioning charm-like spell.
    Alarra likes this.
  11. Mitze Member

Why won't the Devs even acknowledge the suggestion to replace Charm with Possess Essence? They pretty much broke being able to solo with Charm.
  12. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

it's clear to me that they thinked that making such change to charm was need and correct, i.e. it "fix" charm. why after it has ultimately been "fixed" now need replace it? here question must be posed differently: why did they not explain reasons for such correction, for it was unexpected, an unclear and unwanted change for perhaps many players playing coercer solo. and about this, about what needs to be explained, they could guess when they decided to do it.. charm has began to last much longer, pet - better survival. curiously enough, coercer even has become stronger magician (if!), and it's perhaps well (now it even easier to play), if .. ie. your coercer must meet certain requirements so that you use charm way you used to do it before change and so that mobs attack your character's pet and not your character's. and it would be right if they specified what these requirements are, because they made change that greatly influenced solo play of this class. and because, of course, not everyone can easily understand what needs to be done now (practical part of what needs to be done is relevant for least thick-skinned classes in game and comes down to very significant decline by player of such parameter of his (- her) character's as "hate gain" (for decrease aggression to mages), and change of this parameter in opposite direction is for having thick-skinned); and if not, then forget about playing solo for this class. all i would like to hear from devs about this is whether it's now possible to through game return this for my coercer? although if they had respect, they could explain, but as i said earlier, it's mutual :( ..