Kaladim - Can we also leave behind the discount broker box?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by tbmroark, Mar 1, 2019.

1. tbmroark Member

Having no familiars is a great start, and I know there are quite a few other things many of us would look forward to having on the server (or, rather, excluding). I really just wish to implore the devs to disable people from being able to claim/use the veteran 10% discount broker fee box on Kaladim. The market advantage provided by this box makes it impossible for crafters who don't have it to reasonably compete, as they can be priced out with ease (happened to me and others frequently). It was incredibly discouraging trying to craft on SH/Fallen Gate with the presence of that box, and it would make a noticeably positive difference if we can have a TLE without its presence.
    Bekkr, Siren, Zenji and 1 other person like this.
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

You could say that about every server.

I want to be able to claim vet rewards, I was disappointed I could not claim anything on FG. Also for the 0% commission people paid extra for the collectors expansion... if they are going to lock down all their stuff in the collectors edition they aren't going to sell very many in the future.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. tbmroark Member

You're right, it could be said about every server (and I think they're terrible even on live), but TLE servers are about capturing a classic experience as best as possible, at least they should be. These boxes are purely antithetical to that, especially with no way for others to acquire the boxes now to be able to compete. The advantage is monstrous on a fresh start server. At the very least, just remove the 0% commission fee and let people use them for the space. And when the TLE gets to that expansion, then reactivate the 0% fee for the boxes. That's a compromise I think would be fair.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Thousands of us players have /claims from expansion preorders and CEs that we have to give up just to play on TL servers. Newer CE bonuses should not be allowed on TLs, either. If you want them, they're still there for you (as all of our /claims are) on live.
    Vexil, tbmroark and Fangrim like this.
  5. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Agree to disagree then. There are players that only play on TLE that purchased the collectors expansion for the add-ons for TLE. When you bought the expansion it said the items were available for TLE, it did not say FG it sayd TLE servers... and Kaladim will be a TLE server. That would be poor business practice to rip off their customers locking away TLE content they paid for.

I have already "earned" my vet rewards by being subscribed to the game for over a decade, they should not take them away. It's not like xp pots are banned from the server... only free xp pots that you already earned are banned. Players should not support this kind of blatant money grab.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

So by your definition, the Jann Magi illusion should be available on Nagafen come March 16th, too? With all its stat increases, falling speed reduction, gliding etc.? That's about as fair as that broker crate. I'm sorry but those should all go from TLs. And if Daybreak removes the Jann Magi illusion, that broker crate should be removed from TLs, too.
    Vexil and Zenji like this.
  7. Malachy Well-Known Member

I think the loophole is that you can claim them, but ability/stat bonuses should be stripped until the xpac.

One way or the other, they need to update the expansion purchase details and say "select TLE servers" or remove the asterisks from the items before Kaladim and Nagafen are launched.

I'm pretty ambivalent about the crate since I'm sure Krono will be on the broker and that's just going to bust the economy immediately anyway; obviously those weren't available 15 years ago.
  8. Zenji Well-Known Member

^ This. Let them get the Max XP or 10% XP bonus, etc. But leave the secondary stats off it until the appropriate expansion.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Nagafen is not a time locked expansion server, it has completely different rule set, life cycle, gear stats, and gameplay mechanics. Apples and apples plz thx.

They should honor their advertising and description when they sold expansions for 130 bucks. I understand you are against pay to win, but cat is out of the bag so they need to balance their game with these items taken into account.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I hope if you own a business you don't bait and switch your customers like that, it's a good way to get sued.
  11. Siren Well-Known Member

Nagafen begins with Vanilla, then DoF unlocks in a month, then KoS unlocks the for 3rd month. That's time-locked progression.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

The broker free case is a massive advantage, i would like them either to remove it or to allow all other claimable items that do affect how powerfull is your character ... So Billy, call of the veteran etc ....
    Siren likes this.
  13. Malachy Well-Known Member

When EQ2 is dead, are you going to try to sue for your money back because you can't claim your expansion items anymore?

The advertisement is currently true. So, what I suggested is to end the advertisement that won't be true much longer per their own communication for select items and/or clarify any alterations to those items if claimed on new servers. Promotions change all the time, it is legal and implicit in that it WILL change.
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

They are somewhat bound by the terms and conditions they sold those bonus rewards under.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm pretty sure that the ToS says that they do not guarantee availability of any content, and also that you can't sue them.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  16. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm old fashioned but there should be no claimable stuff on Kaladim from day 1. I could accept say the original veteran rewards, since those are mostly just potions and other fluff stuff, but being able to claim mounts, illusions, etc., that directly affect your character is dumb and against the spirit of the server. By all means unlock them for their respective expacs, but other than that, no thanks. The incentive should be the experience, not gimmicks.

Also, disable spell research.
    Bekkr, Vexil, Kalika and 5 others like this.
  17. tbmroark Member

Well-said, Mountbatten. I agree completely. We should be looking forward to an experience that lacks all the things that have gradually been added over time that have marred the classic spirit we're hoping to relive in a TLE server. I think most people would agree that SH and FG showed us that quite a few items/capabilities (such as familiars, spell research, illusions w/stats, broker boxes, etc.) undermined what we hoped to achieve with those servers. I think with two TLEs gone now, it's time to try something different by leaving those items/capabilities behind as much as possible. The incentive should be the experience and community thriving a little more again (and hopefully even bringing in new players), not using blatantly overpowered gimmicks on a fresh-start server.
    Zenji, Siren, Namian and 1 other person like this.
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

LOL, and this has been an ironclad agreement that has stood up when challenged in court...
  19. Siren Well-Known Member

Not in a million years would you ever find a lawyer dumb enough to waste his time with a case like that-- never mind that no lawyer would take a case there's no money in. What are you going to sue for, digital pixels? ROFL.
    Breanna likes this.
  20. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yeah research is so bad, it remove all the fun of getting low level masters because they can be researched in a few hoours/days.

I would like some items to be claimable, like the billy ( nut I m quite sure that they will keep selling it 500sc) , the burynai, the plant (i never used them but i sold bones, earth and water flasks).

Keeping the potions would be unfair, and anyway they have to sell something.

Also goodies that do not empower your character, like the Velious pupiie pet or Call of the Veteran (this usually help others) would be welcome.