KA Tradeskill Dailies - Nonexistent?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Feathers, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Feathers New Member

Hi,

ARE there any tradeskill dailies in Obulus Frontier? I did all the quests from Oogthor a last week and just finished Snacky Snacks an hour ago. I have not gotten the option for any of the other quests that are being listed as dailies on Wikia AND EQ2Traders. Is there a bug or something?

Feath
    santargria likes this.
  2. santargria Well-Known Member

It takes a week LOL - yeah I had this issue as well - they are not really dailies they are weeklies in my eyes

Try to remember what day you did them on and do them 1 week + 1 day from then and you'll be fine

There's a discussion that the reason these are dailies is you can do them one day at a time over the course of 7 days - to me that's only a daily if you do it that way - if you do them all at once they are weeklies
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

In AoM, there is a different tradeskill quest offered each day, so if you want to do them all, you have to log each toon in every day to do each one. In ToT and again in KA, those seven daily quests are still offered once a week each, but instead of making you log in on a specific day to do each one, you can get and do them all on a single day. The 'daily' quests reset 6 days and 20-odd hours after they were completed. The weekly quest (snacky snacks) is the 'true' weekly, and it resets every Wednesday night/Thursday morning no matter when you finished it, like 'normal' weeklies. It is a touch confusing, but it was done for our convenience.
    Chikkin, Finora, Shmogre and 2 others like this.
  4. Elinea Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue. I did all the dailies at once last Thursday. Today, all I get is the weekly and none of the dailies popped up along with it. Unless I'm on crack and I only thought it was Thursday when I did them. Either way, I'll have to wait and see if they pop up later.
  5. Feathers New Member

All this confusion would've been solved if they had just added a timer called "Tradeskill Daily" or something -_-
  6. Tajar Well-Known Member

I took all the "dailies" one week, but didn't actually do them. They are gone from my journal, but Oothgar is still in the huff and won't give me them again rofl
  7. Xianthia Well-Known Member

They could be hidden. Click on the goblin workbench and/or goblin fire and see what pops into recipe book.

I have a toon, since KA release no less, with the quests from ToT. When I look at her quest journal they don't appear there, they only seem to appear if I go make those actual items.

Or could you have miss timed when they are up to do again? like going to npc before they are up again for you to do? :)
  8. santargria Well-Known Member

This happens to me with the Tinker quest making Sprockets - I can make the items for a few days and then all of a sudden the items are gone. The quest is not finished, and I have to abandon the quest and retake it

As for the KA daily/weeklies - it is much easier on you if you DON'T think of them as dailies and think of them as weeklies - problem solved.

Example: I did my last full run (9 crafters) last friday - I will do my next full run tomorrow (Saturday) - knowing that all the tasks will be available again.

The less I think of things and have them bother me, the more fun the game is - really!
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

I tried to make the items, but nothing updates. It's been about 3 weeks now and still can't get them rofl. I can get the weekly for the runes, but not the 'dailies'.
  10. Gerak Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, if you think of them as weeklies, you would expect them to reset on Thursday morning. If you think of them as "Once a Week" it would be more accurate.
  11. Crastinal Active Member

Look at it this way: you want to do ONE tradeskill a day?
    Come every day and pick ONE quest. Leave the rest alone. The quest you did today will reset in one week.
    The weekly (the one that resets on Thursdays) is the very first one. If the feather is green the weekly is up.
    Has loads of alts crafting / don't have time to craft every day? Do all the quests once come back in one week: all the quests will be reset -- even the weekly.

What you cannot expect is to have the cake (do all quests at once) and eat it too (have all quests every day).
    Nope.

(as for the daily quests not showing up, you should look on your quest journal and set it to show hidden quests, they should be there waiting to be completed. Once you get the quest it will not reset until you complete and hand it over or delete it from your quest journal.)
    Finora and Prissetta like this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

That only happens when you are an adventurer :(
  13. santargria Well-Known Member

`Actually no - I expect them to reset by the time I'm ready to do them again.... One week from the day I finished them ;)
    Crastinal likes this.