KA sig: A Chosen Weapon - No shield/sword drop?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Wimble, Dec 9, 2016.

1. Wimble Active Member

As title states. I have worked through the baron's workshop to the point where I have killed the statue. At this point a chest drop should trigger that contains the sword and shield needed to activate the two pedestals in the room and unlock the door to the final boss. No chest drop, leaving me stuck with an unlockable door.

Any ideas on this?

To confirm:

I have the mirror needed for the final boss
    The script triggered as expected, (the purple text when you click the locked door) allowing me to defeat the statue.
    I have tried camping but this has no effect on the zone.
  2. Runecarver New Member

I am having the same problem. I have run this dungeon three times up to the point of the sword and shield. I reset the zone and tried again, I reset the zone, deleted the quest and tried again. All with no luck getting the sword and shield chest drop. Tried the altars after killing the sword and shield without getting a chest drop, and still nothing. Any ideas?
  3. Rondo New Member

same problem june 2020. also the goop doesnt drop either requiring me to die to get the slimeskin. problem seems to be nothing drops boxes. i've also done this 3-4 times. i hope this quest isn't required to finish kunark ascending.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

Are you trying to run it at 120 so the mobs are gray? I just ran it with my character mentored down to 110 and it worked fine (solo version).
  5. Ssin New Member

As Daryx stated, if you're level 120 you need to mentor to 110 otherwise you will not get any chest drop for the slimeskin or the sword and shield which is required to open the doors.

Mentored at 110 all the mobs in the zone melt easily.

Note: don't really need the slimeskin to progress as the damage isn't that bad but you must mentor before killing the sword and shield if you want to open the doors.
  6. Rondo New Member

Wish I had kept an eye out here instead of waiting for a GM to get back to me in. Their answer 9PM friday was "It appears you may be experiencing a one-off glitch in the zone. Unfortunately, we cannot manually correct this through our end. Please wait for the zone to reset and attempt the event again. If you are having trouble the second time around, please let us know."

Your answer was a day sooner and absolutely correct. It's like they didn't read I've done 3-4 times before and the goop didn't drop boxes either. I actually thought of the chronomage thing as a last resort and I was talking to friend who's been playing for 20 years and he told me about the gray mobs right away. I may be 120 but I'm still a bit of a Noob. Only been a member for 2 months now.

Thanks to everyone for your support. Happy Adventuring :)