KA Handcrafted Food and Drink

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Jabbso, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Jabbso Active Member

I'm probably missing something, at least I hope I am but why does the Kunark Ascending food and drink have exactly the same stats as the Thalumbra stuff?

I did the questline and got a bit excited at the new recipes that I was getting but soon realised there was no upgrades. Growf's snacky snacks is exactly the same as sporangium sponge cake, what gives DB?

Sad provisioner :(
    Shmogre and Prissetta like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly the same stats. I had hoped they'd at least have made them DIFFERENT, if equivalent stats, so players could pick and choose what they got rather then being locked in by archtype.
    Jabbso and Shmogre like this.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I wondered the same. At first I thought it was because they still use the same tier of commons, but then why bother adding new recipes? The only thing I can think of is that it gives an option for which ingredients to use (if I have more sporangium, I make the sporangium sponge cake), but that's shaky. Or maybe it's a copy/paste error and they are actually meant to be different (the ogre says hopefully)?
    Jabbso and Prissetta like this.
  4. Mensa Member

I felt the same way after completing the KA tradeskill timeline. My guildmates (and myself) were looking forward to new food and drink. As I was making them I was like "Wait a sec... are these the same stats?" I made about 1200 units of different food, and when I put them in the depot realized it was just more of the same.

We get to make those infusers now and that's about it as far as "new" stuff.
    Shmogre and Jabbso like this.
  5. Jabbso Active Member

I still don't get it, surely it should have a stat and potency boost at least.

Colour me disappointed!
    Shmogre likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'd have been happy with a different SET of blue stats so we could pick and choose, even if they were the same 'value'.
    Shmogre and Mensa like this.
  7. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

One of those, beneath the notice, of the Dev responsible.
    Perhaps in real life they only ingest beans and water every day; changing red to black is a Big deal. :p

Last expansion to this expansion (small detour):
    Provisioner - virtually the same stuff
    Armorer - upgrades
    Woodworker - upgrades
    Jeweler - upgrades
    Alchemist - upgrades
    Sage - well ...

Don't know about the other classes, yet.
  8. Fleurs Active Member

Carpenter: New neat stuff every add on =D