KA Feedback, Pros, Cons and some suggestions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Yahku, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Yahku Active Member

Hey,

Kunark Ascending is now life for a while and a huge part of the content could be investigated so far. In this thread, i want to do both, thank the dev team for an amazing addon and in addition point out some "problems".

Lets start with the positive things ;)

• We have many instances for solo, heroic and raid. All the instances come with a very nice atmosphere and interesting timed quest and a variety of interesting strategies. Very nice, especially after Zek and Mara with only one heroic instance ;)
    • The two timelines come with an exciting storyline and variety, so they are nice even for me as someone not focussed on quests and story.
    • The new keyquests are very nice! A diversity of tasks combined in large quests giving more than just one key is amazing for the repeatables giving far more motivation to do them (without mourning)!
    • Mythical Relic pieces in addition to many other good rewards from the mission chests are nice, especially for motivating many players to do more groups.
    • Ascension Classes in addition to the existing ones bring a whole lot of new combinations and tactical possibilities. Very nice and interesting!
    • Two handed weapons now have increased proc values compared to one handed similar procs!

And here is a list of some things which are rather annoying or at least strange. I try to give reasonable suggestions for each.
    • Mythicals Relics seem to be rather common drops from group chests for most ppl except for some RNG loosers. After roughly one week, nearly the whole raidforce has both, the chest and the leggs - except for some RNG looser . . .
      Suggestion: The mythical relics could be far more rare, but in addition offered by the Currency Merchant in Nye'Caelona reducing the RNG-Loosers-Penalty to a minimum and giving a more constant motivation to do the group zones.
    • There is only little use for the Sovereign of Rile tokens (for most players). The Myth-Relic Wrist is rather cheap (for tokens, status is expensive though), two handed weapons are not interesting for (nearly) everyone and i cannot see a use for the consumables. Resistence potions are nice to have, i always have some with me, but usually don't need them. The Skyfire Stone is a nice idea, but with 2 seconds casting time, 1 minute duration and 5 fervor, its a useless item. I would not cast it before combat, there are too many shorttime buffs and clickable charms for the incoming and i would not use it in combat since two seconds cause too much loss of other spells/CAs.
      Suggestion: The prices could be adjusted for the mythicals, reducing the amount of status needed. For new players, 75+ million are absolutely out of reach. 500 Tokens are obtainable in 2-4 days which is rather fast, which could be increased. In addition, the mythical relics from the mission chests could be offered (see above). The Skyfire Stone could be improved to be a reasonable item.
    • Two handed weapons still exist in game. . .. In general, okay, should be the case. Absolutely. But there will be Epic 2.0 (best in slot - one handed?). At least the Epic 2.0 are required for some raid encounters making them mandatory. In addition, there is a VERY powerful and easy to obtain (solo) ethereal off-hand slot item. So there is absolutely no reason for anyone to wear any two handed weapon, am i wrong?
      However, two handed weapons are droping at normal rates at least, which is the same as dropping infuser materials.
      Suggestion: The amount of dropping two handed weapons could be reduced for Kunark Ascending. I see no reasonable way to make them meaningful choices.
    • The Ascension Classes are the last straw of overloading our hotbars. I see no way how to make enough space in my hotbars for these spells and are still using my inventory, makro window and spell window for many out of combat things such as port spells, transmuting, ... and even some encounter specific incombat things.
      Suggestion: It would be very, VERY fine - and absolutely necessary for being able to use new and old abilities together smoothly- to have more than 10 hotbars. Please have mercy and grant use at least 12, better 15 hotbars! ;)
    • Many nameds in KA make heavy use of (Reflect- / Archetype-)Immunities for long times. Often, in the "damage phases", Stuns, Stifles, Fear or even forbiddance to cast hostile spells (often not curable!) are thrown at the players. This is annoying. Worst case examples for this behaviour are General Janosz from Kaesora: Xalgozian Stronghold and most nameds in Arcanna'se Spire: Forgotten Sanctum [Heroic]. No problem with long fights, but most playes want to actually fight the named and do something, not wait, drink coffee and watch a video.
      Suggestion: The amount of such immunities could be reduced and instead the nameds could for example get a huge increase of HP, adds or something like that.
    • 6 hour lockout timers for the instances is a very long lockout. Often groups cannot be build to to lockouts.
      Suggestion: It would be fine to have the 90 minutes lockout timers back!
    • The Ascension Experience System is horror. Why can't we do progress by investing time? Xyno did a calculation of the leveling progress (published in the beta forums) and it turned out, that three months are needed to reach level 10 with a daily scroll of 1.000.000 experience for one class. This alone is horror, since it makes main char switches more than painful and new players don't stand a chance to catch up with older players in a foreseeable timespan. A dev stated "not all is written in stone" or something like that and stated that there will be experience events (when? how do they look like, technically?). For leveling all four classes with a char this would sum up to a year minus a bit for experience events. BUT: in practice, its even worse. We cannot get a scroll each day, only after at least 24 hours passed since the last scroll-pickup. So there are stressful restrictions and very hard planning is required to even get a scroll each day. Is this to rile players?
      Suggestion: If its "unchangable" to remove the restrictions, it would be VERY fine to have the stress and hard timing removed. For example the experience limit could be automatically updated, after exactly every 24 hours since the class-select one million more is possible without having to talk to the trainer. If the scrolls are "unchangable", too, then at least it should be the case, that the trainer-get-your-scroll-reset is fixed to constant time every day, e.g. 2am or whatever. So everone would have a whole day to talk to the trainer without loosing something by having appointments or sleeping or ...!
    Nemee, Scalo, Justaplayer and 7 others like this.
  2. lavivar New Member

I couldn't have said it better Yahku. I agree point by point and all my guildies feel the same.
    The expansion looks really good, it just needs a bit of fine tuning.
    Another suggestion: can we have the quest givers in the city please? Having to fly to the caves seems like a punishment.
    Warning: Dear devs please don't give in to unreasonable demands and make zones easier and easier and we end up with another ToT in one month :)
  3. Asherman Active Member

Really good write up of the issues and the positives being seen at the moment Yahku. Can not agree more with the last point on the 24hr intervals betweenbeing able to pick up the scrolls for levelling the ascension experience. As I'm about to take a holiday for a week I know there will be some hours I need to put in after I get back to catch up on bits with the rest of the guild however with the scroll system the way it is there is nothing I can do to try and do that in relation to the ascension classes and will remain at least a week behind the rest of the guild for the expansion.
  4. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I fully and whole-heartedly agree that the scroll system of when they can be picked up should be changed. For example, today I will play during the afternoon, but yesterday, I played at night. So my 24 hour timer is currently pushing me farther and farther into night time to play, and if I get on this afternoon, anything I do will not help me towards ascension, basically wasting a day that could have been spent earning my 1mil experience. It adds a level of stress and annoyance that could be removed simply from giving a scroll once per day no matter when you log in during that day.

Also, please allow threat generating abilities to more easily bypass combat mitigation. With how powerful dps players are becoming, tank threat needs to hit as hard as possible.

Thank you for the consideration, and nice write-up, Yahku
  5. Xyno Member

1. Due to the fact that Yahku was so kind to mention the issue with the Ascension XP I like to provide the chart from the BETA forum here as well.
    [IMG]--
    2. In respect to the mythical wrist I would appreciate if the item would be tagged as heirloom. Not every toon has the appropiate amount of status points to buy it. I have even the luxurary problem that I have mythical bp and pants - but the mythical wrist (which I bought before I looted the mythical pants) gets now dust in the inventory. 70Mio Status points away for an item which I cant use anymore due to the limitation of 2 relic items.
  6. Carthago Member

I agree to the tread of yahku. Specially the ascenions are way to far. Starts with only being able to start, afer the timeline. The timeline should be a nice quest where you take your time to enjoy it. But knowing it is necessary for starting ascensions, it hat become a "go through as fast has you can" kind of hurry up thing. only getting one after 24 hours is bad. And the leveling is so slow that I thinkt many will not even have one assencion ready, let allone four, even after the last nameds have been killed.

I am afraid it will end up as a nice idea which never came into play, just like the heroic opportinities.

But thanks for this Addon, it's definately one of the better once since a while ;-)
    greetings Carthago
  7. semisus Does not play this game

it would be nice if the relics from key chests was tradeable ( although they are heirloom ) , i got a relic gloves last night and tried my luck again this morning and got another version of relic gloves again , would certainly be nice if i could trade/give it to someone who needs
    seems a bit odd , the fableds from shadow quartz are tradeable
  8. Kander Developer

This chart is incorrect. We've changed it so each ascension class will take take half the time of the previous. This will significantly reduce how long it would take for those who desire to level all 4 classes. Ascension classes are not meant to be ground out in a day or two. They are prestige classes and are meant to take some work and time investment. If the rewards aren't good enough, which I feel they are currently, we'll make them better.

The Ascension classes have very powerful abilities, as well some features we didn't show the public during beta. We intend to maintain and keep this system going indefinitely. There will also be double Ascension XP weeks, bonus baubles, etc, in the future. We know some people have had issues with the baubles and we will find a way to make that up to those individuals who suffered it.

Its not a race. Just play the game and have fun.
  9. ZUES Well-Known Member

It's a fun race. ;)
    Yahku likes this.
  10. Flatline Well-Known Member

Its hard to enjoy when you're tied to a 24 hour counter in my opinion. Would it be possible to perhaps chance the system so that it "accumulates" ascension gain opportunities ? By that i mean, that we are allowed to gain a scroll every 24 hours, so the system allows us to get as many scrolls as have passed since last we got one?

Ie. if im offline for 72 hours since last i got my scroll, i'm eligible for 3 scrolls, where as today the 72 hours i'm unable to login ? Or if keeping track of scrolls are to silly, keep track of when we last talked to the guy and auto allot the amount of XP by the time instead? might be easier codewise.

Im just trying to find a way where real life things dont put you at a total disadvantage because of the "hard 24H" timer logic - which i do understand to scale the race so to speak
    Gnomesandhairyfrogloks and Yahku like this.
  11. Curmudgeon Active Member

I'd settle for the scrolls being once per day, just like skrit's quests in AoM. having to set a 24hour timer isn't fun.
    captainbeatty451 and Yahku like this.
  12. Flatline Well-Known Member

That would be okay with a set reset timer

´However the reason i suggested the other system is simply because its a gating of XP per 24hours, and as such not "just" a quest doable once every 24 hours. So was trying to find a way where the fact that we cant play the game at that rate, we would be able to accumulate the XP allotment so to speak
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

It is not fun nor is it a game when you have to log in everyday and complete a specific task or you fall behind. That is called a job.
  14. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Agreed, why I'm not rushing to quest in in Obolus Frontier so I can eventually get the scrolls. (I will have to ask guildies what I need to do to get them). I have much more fun working with guildies doing instances and raids than I do questing, especially solo questing.

If I wanted to solo quest, I would play Sacred or even WoD expansion of WoW.
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

Fun is relative to the player. You're the one attaching a schedule to your "fun". Not DBC.

Just play when you can, it will all come to fruition eventually.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  16. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I really love the new expansion so far. The artwork is amazing and the zones are varied and fun. Good job!!!
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

At least a timer of 23h hours ascendion timer would be much better to avoid problems of a coffeebreak delay :)

But I like this expansion :cool:
    Xyno likes this.
  18. Conifur Well-Known Member

No, they are. By limiting one scroll a day that you must log on to and get - they are attaching the schedule. I don't dislike Ascensions, just the way they implemented it.

The expansion is not bad. The art work is great, the story line is great, the artificial gates are not.
  19. Chillispike Active Member

I really wonder what causes the ascension xp scroll to be not used up fully, when you
    .. don't crash
    .. don't use xp vails
    :(
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Just means Father Innoruuk hates you, that's all *giggles as I slip into the shadows hatefully*