KA Daily Tradeskill Quests

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Carynn, May 20, 2017.

1. Carynn Well-Known Member

Both Traders Corner and the wikia say that the KA Oogthor Bloody Tooth clan quests are dailies (minus one). However, I did my first round on Thursday night and now it's Saturday morning and I'm not being offered any quests. Is the information in both places wrong and all the quests are (painfully) weekly? Or should I petition CS?
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Calling them "dailies" is a bit fallacious. They are weeklies, but there is one for each day so you can DO them as dailies. But they aren't. They come around Thursday I believe.
    santargria likes this.
  3. Gharyn Well-Known Member

There is one true weekly that resets at midnight PST on Wednesday. The other so-called dailies reset one week after you complete them.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

This was a result of us requesting that we be able to complete all the quests at once cutting down on missing quests on days we couldn't login and also having to zone there every day. A lot of people rather devote one day a week to completing the tradeskill quests. The one weekly quest always resets on Thursday. The other quests (daily) can be picked up all at once if you want and are available again approximately a week after the completion time.

You can, if you want, do the ToT and KA quests on the same day each week so that you just have the once a week chore.
    Finora and Prissetta like this.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

So earning enough faction to make armor takes five weeks instead of five days. Whose bonehead idea was that? /irritated
  6. Darcmoon Member

If I remember right from when I did them, you should be able to get the first tradeskill book just from doing the KA questline and one round of the dailies/weekly. Are you positive you were looking at the correct faction?
    Finora and Shmogre like this.
  7. santargria Well-Known Member

Just think of them as weeklies and you'll be fine

We've had this discussion endlessly - they're weeklies :cool:
  8. Melt Actually plays the game

nah it takes... 1 day. You can get the armor book at the end of the timeline
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

2 weeks. Doing the weekly twice and one round of the dailies earns enough faction to buy most of the recipe books.
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

DOH! No, I wasn't. I was looking at the Broken Toe Clan, not the Bloody Tooth Clan. One round has given me 31K (includes the full goblin merc quest).

Thank you all for your help. You play this game since nearly the beginning and can still feel like a total n00b at times.
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

This is why we can't have nice things. The ability to do all the'dailies' (call them weeklies if you like) on a single day was a courtesy give last expansion. Prior to that, you got 1 per day. I wish they'd go back to that so people can stop griping about what to call them. (OK no I don't really wish that, since I tend to do them all at once, but I do tire of this coming up every month)
    Snikkety likes this.
  12. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I really have tried to spell this out in the KA dailies/weekly writeup from the start, but I seem to be failing at it. Out of a sincere effort to make this clearer, what can I do to make the following make more sense?

"These dailies and weekly work the same way as the ones in Maldura do - you can obtain all 7 dailies plus the weekly at the same time, hand them all in in one "swell foop", then happily forget about them for a week. The weekly, Snacky Snacks, resets on Wednesday nights with the weekly mission timer, but you may find it easier to just keep it on the same schedule as the dailies."
    Mensa, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I think you've written it well, DenMum.

Other than a history lesson ("This hybrid daily/weekly system came about because many in the crafting community begged the dev for the ability to get the entire week done in one session"), the only thing I could possibly suggest is maybe to add something like "If you'd rather treat these as true "dailies", then take only *one* of the non-"Snacky Snacks" quests each day. That will give you a quest a day for seven days, plus the weekly, just like the old days."

(But honestly, I think you've covered it.)
    Prissetta likes this.
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I've added the following to the wikia entry for Oogthor, hopefully that will help the next folks along:

"Note: Similar to the Maldura tradeskill missions, the daily quests can either be done all at once (and will reset in a week), or you can choose to do one quest per day for the old-school crafting experience."
    Prissetta and Niami DenMother like this.
  15. Carynn Well-Known Member

As someone who hadn't done any of the Maldura daily/weekly mission quests, this did not make any sense to me. To me, it reads: you can do the dailies and forget about them for a week, or you can do the dailies daily. Which is why the confusion. These quests are really weekly quests, not daily, as they are offered all at once. The wikia had similar information which led to the confusion as well, but thankfully people repeatedly answer the same question for those of us who go huh?
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Fair enough! While you have to have completed the Maldura crafting line in order to have reached the point of KA dailies, it was wrong of me to assume that everyone has also done those Maldura dailies before this point. I'm having coherence issues due to a pain spike, but here's my first stab at minor tweaks to make it more understandable. If anyone comes up with better wording, please let me know.

"These dailies and weekly work the same way as the ones in Maldura -- All 7 "dailies" can be done once per week, but rather than have to worry about heading to Twark every day to do a different one, you can pick up all of them plus the weekly at the same time then hand them all in in one "swell foop". After that, you can happily forget about them for a week. The weekly, Snacky Snacks, resets on Wednesday nights with the weekly mission timer, but you may find it easier to just keep it on the same schedule as the dailies."
    Katz, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

lol "swell foop" :D
  18. Mensa Member

<head explodes>
  19. Kethryl Active Member

If this helps, by all means, please use it. It's a bit longer, but I think it the detailed explanation may help others. If I made any mistakes in the mechanics or details, please adjust accordingly.

-----

These dailies and weekly work the same way as the ones in Maldura -- You can pick up all the "daily" quests, and the weekly, at the same time, and then hand them in all in one "swell foop".

For those unfamiliar with the new daily quest mechanic, here's a short-and-sweet explanation.

_ Daily Quests _

There is one quest specific to each day of the week:

- Sunday - QuestName A
    - Monday - QuestName B
    - Tuesday - QuestName C
    - Wednesday - QuestName D
    - Thursday - QuestName E
    - Friday - QuestName F
    - Saturday - QuestName G

You may log in on each given day and complete that day's quest, or you may opt to get them all at the same time. Regardless of what day they're assigned, each day's quest timer is set to one week from when it's turned in. If you pick up _all_ the quests and complete them on a Monday, you won't be able to do _any_ day-specific quests until the following Monday.

_ Weekly Quest _

The quest "Snacky Snacks" is a traditional-style weekly quest, and it's quest timer resets on Wednesday nights with the standard weekly mission timer.
    Finora and Prissetta like this.