KA Belts

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Vogie, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Vogie Active Member

As we all know or should know by now the KA belts do not carry the coveted Fervor. What value do you number crunchers put for Fervor vs Potency? For me I think it's 1Fervor = 100Potency but I'm just pulling numbers out my @$$. Does anyone have an actual figure to go on?

I only carry the 8 Fervor belt and I feel there are belts out there I can go up to that won't affect me as much dps wise losing the Fervor. I feel sorry for the 16 Fervor belt guys/gals that's going to be a tough one to give up :(
  2. Xellium Active Member

You cant assign a static amount of potency to equate to fervor.
    Fervor multiplies the total damage output, while potency multiplies the base damage of an ability.
    To equate potency to fervor you need to know the total amount of potency gained and divide it by the total potency before the gain. (This is pretending that main stat and abil mod don't exist and your CB is maxed, as otherwise that makes the exercise more complicated,)

So the potency to fervor equation you seek is dynamic and depends on your current potency and the potential potency gain of the piece of gear you are planning on.

I did some napkin math and if you replace the 8 fervor bet with the 1k pot KA belt you will increase your damage output as long as your base potency is lower than 13k. Once your base potency is above 13k the 8 fervor belt wins.
    16 fervor belt is always better, I have not seen a KA belt I would choose over that belt.

After that you need to consider resolve.
    Vogie likes this.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

There is a 16 fervor belt? Where?
  4. Observing Active Member

Get it four times from the scourge raid, or maybe it is the heroic zone?

Edit: Looks like the solo scourge belt is 6 fervor, heroic 10, raid 16
    Tharrakor likes this.
  5. Entropy Well-Known Member

This isn't true if you have fervor procs (rune, hammer). Especially if you're on a class that has spiky damage like BL or assassin. If you're sitting at 150 fervor instead of 50 (normal combat baseline) when most of your good stuff resets and is being cast, that dramatically undervalues fervor relative to potency.
    Vogie likes this.
  6. Xellium Active Member

I was not blessed with a hammer so I didn't consider this scenario.

Re-ran my numbers with 1k belt 8 fervor belt and 16 fervor belt with 150 baseline fervor.
    The 1k belt is better all the way up to 32k potency vs the 8 fervor belt in this scenario.
    The 1k belt is better only up to 16k potency vs the 16 fervor belt.

So if your lucky enough to have a hammer, fist of all I hate you.
    Second of all it looks like the 1k belt is marginally superior if a large portion of your damage is during your hammer spikes AND you not using rising tide.
    If you get the point where the boss Is dead soon after your initial spike (Like in ToT) then the 8 fervor belt is marginally superior.

If you have the 16 fervor belt and grater than 16k potency then you win.

This is based on my napkin math, entropy has a more detailed spreadsheet that may be more accurate.
    Vogie likes this.
  7. Anjel Member

[COLOR=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.701961)]Caith - Today at 4:07 PM Way oversimplified example pulled out of butt with generic numbers. If you have 100 potency, 1 fervor is worth 1. If you have 1000 potency, one fervor is worth 10.[/COLOR]
  8. Vogie Active Member

Awesome information here guys thanks!
  9. Vogie Active Member

This was my though being that I am fairly often at 150 fervor and sometimes 200 would the 8 fervor really affect me as much as 1000 potency.
  10. Flatline Well-Known Member

Any chance of Entropy sharing his spreadsheet? :)
  11. Vogie Active Member

With the current changes to the reset abilities on the ethereal and the Hammer does this make the 1000k pot belt way better than the 8 fervor rune or worse or does it not change anything? I'm feeling it changes things immensely but feelings are just that no factual proof!
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

The avg amount of fervor you have from procs hasn't changed. Your ability to make use of that fervor for good stuff has probably changed.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Then 10k pot (baseline HC gear) gives 1 fervor = 100 pot. So a 1k pot belt = 10 fervor....

However, as fervor is applied at the end then your 10k pot actually gets upped by AB mod, then multiplied by crit bonus, then doubled and then some by critical hits, and then the fervor multiple occurs...so it's way more than 100 pot to 1 fervor.

Imo fervor should almost always win.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  14. Melt Actually plays the game

Inserting some basic math. 8 fervor belt is worth AT LEAST an 800 potency one. That's without CB, AMod etc. So an 8 fervor belt is better after probably 9k with decent other stats. (2.5k CB, 100K AMod)
  15. Terrius Well-Known Member

According to my spreadsheet, at my current stats in order to break even I would require a belt with 1330 Potency net gain to replace the 8 fervor belt :( I only have 45% fervor though.

Seems I won't be getting rid of the fervor belt anytime soon, if at all this expansion.
  16. Vogie Active Member

Always remember that your Deity Potency has an effect on these stats, if you're at 25 Pot deity points then the 1000k pot when equipped is actually 1250pot. It still isn't 1330 but as your deity goes up the Potency increase becomes bigger and bigger.
  17. Terrius Well-Known Member

Sadly I'm only at 17, so that's only 1170. :( It's also important to note that the deity potency increases all of the gear potency, so in fact the more point I have in it, the worse off the 1000 pot belt is.
  18. Nkito Well-Known Member

Don't forget your prestige conversions.