Just want to say TY TY TY I LOVE TS EXP BONUS ON WRITS

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dionysoz, Aug 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-baddog Guest

after losing 30+ gold in fuel on 2 failed writs , you can keep them
  2. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Details? It's incredibly hard to lose money on writs.
  3. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

4. ARCHIVED-baddog Guest

10x fuel x 5 combines x 2 writs = stack of T7 fuel = 34.56 g bad run of rng with multiple critical failures , ran out of time twice . It eats the product as you make it and resets the writ on failure took 16 minutes to lose 34g and the raws... its been awhile, but I though they used to be in your inventory on failure, and you could vendor them ?
  5. ARCHIVED-pointytail Guest

6 combines per Rush Order and you get your fuel money back as you successfully complete each step (Pristine combines) of the writ while keeping the product. Not crafting a pristine item has it end up in your inventory right? You don't lose any money, as far as I figure, but you do lose materials for attempting the writ.
  6. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

No, not since this writ system was implemented.
  7. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Since the current writ system has been in and as of about 2-3weeks ago, non-pristine results went into my inventory(I get lazy when it's not for someone) and I've either brokered the result for profit or vendored it back for fuel.Unless something has changed recently,the only ways I know of to lose fuel costs are to cancel before crude level or,be a woodworker/alchemist/provisioner making a consumable. Under the system Domino is planning out now though, it will indeed be possible to lose money in other ways since you'll only get the product on pristine.
  8. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

You'll still get your fuel cost back though, exactly as you do now, since you just get the fuel back directly. So I don't think you'd be any more likely to lose any money than you are now, unless I'm missing something (which is quite possible as it's Sunday night and I just got back from dinner). It's also worth noting that there are writs available that don't have a time limit, which you certainly can't lose money doing. So, if you don't feel like risking your coin, simply take a non-rush work order. They give the same amount of tradeskill XP bonus on completion as the timed ones, and there's no monetary risk at all. The rush orders are supposed to have an element of risk - if they were 100% guaranteed to succeed, they wouldn't be much fun or challenge now would they? And having the two different options would be pointless. :D
  9. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

My mistake, I was thinking fuel was lost in both handcrafted and mastercrafted for some reason. It's not live yet so I'm still jumbling some details, thanks for the clarity.
  10. ARCHIVED-Methriln Guest

was about 15 ish or so hrs of crafting no potions or vit. Was off from work and didn't raid till late at night so grinded all morning edit-forgot to say my ts class which is alchy prob why it went so fast lotta recipes.
  11. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Ah, yeah, that all makes sense. I was trying to wrap my brain around an average person at about a craft a minute and taking all the normal human breaks, doing it in 12 hours or less. Thanks for the details.
  12. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

[p] The only Rush Writ you can completely lose out on a 100% worth are those few writs that require (6) of (1) item type. [/p][p]Carpenter & Woodworker X0 writs come to mind .. [/p][p]Those you will lose your fuel on even if you get pristine on all but your final; since it's not broken up to give you even a partial pay-out. [/p][p]*shrug* But as you say .. Rush Writs carry the potential for risk .. you either win or you lose. [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Ah - I guess I never made a non-pristine during a writ.
  14. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

I do it now and then when I turn around to watch an important at bat on TV. That's why they give us 8 minutes instead of 6 to finish, isn't it? :) But yeah,I just sell it back for the fuel cost. No harm no foul
  15. ARCHIVED-kelesia Guest

I have to say I hate the non-rush orders. 'Please make me twice as much stuff for less status and less faction' I almost always take the non-timed ones because I have lots of distracting things going on around me. I know the rushed ones are supposed to be a bit of a risk, but the non-timed ones are painful. Is there any way to a. up the status and faction to match the rush or b. cut down the number of things to be made? At least by a little bit? maybe require 4 more instead of 6 more? It just seems like a double penalty against those who can't do timed write for whatever reason. btw, the extra 4% on completing the writ was wonderful :)
  16. ARCHIVED-baddog Guest

yes, this was with my woodworker. you also lose everything if you don't finish in time. it was a rude awakening, since it didn't used to be this way . are all the tradeskills blessed with the new 'risk' ?
  17. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Nope, always been there. I take it you leveled recently to that new set of writs? I didn't think about it because by the time the new writs hit, my woodworker was capped and I only watched it for one set of writs on my carp. Technically, all classes are blessed with it because you only get reimbursed for what part of the writ you complete. Is the risk "fair"? not really since some classes never see it,good thing to feedback though.
  18. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Seriously. If you don't want to take the risk for the higher pay out, do Work Orders. No risk. Can't lose fuel money.
  19. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Well the flip side with 6-item writs is that you get to stay entirely on a single recipe, so there is no scrolling to find something or using search. This means if you can move the progress at a decent pace, those writs can be finished in no time at all. My carpenter always whips through the 6-item rush writs because she doesn't have any downtime from item to item. So it is a huge risk, but there's also a significant advantage that most others don't have.