Just want to say TY TY TY I LOVE TS EXP BONUS ON WRITS

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Dionysoz, Aug 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Dionysoz Guest

TY SOE you made tradeskilling fun again my wife and I spent all day doing writs for exp and loved it. The extra broker slots helped too because it brought the price down on foraged good and I bought them up. PLZ dont nerf that exp it is just right. OMG I loged on did a few writs and I was up a few yellow and dinged my guild. Where normally I would just make one of each new item and then just grind away at making one item till I dinged now I just do writs and the time flies buy and I have goal to complet and I am leveling even when doing writs one tier down. So once again from wife and I - TY TY TY and plz dont nerf that exp till I ding 70 on all my tradeskillers. I know I was not the only one to notice it the tradeskill areas where packed, the broker was full of stuff to buy, and I was happy because I was dining, and my guild was glad for all the exp exp. :thumbup: Good Job
  2. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Definitely agree!! I'm giving this addition two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: My Armorer went from 56 to 60 last night and managed to do so without buying any extra raw materials thanks to the writ XP. :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Shadowbreath@Splitpaw wrote:
    Wow that's fast. How much time and was that with vitality?
  4. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Started at 100% vitality and had about 15% left when I dinged 60. I did rush orders (I think about 20) plus first pristines and used two Soaring Cappucinos, so somwhere between 2½-3 hours.
  5. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

First off congrats! However, I can't help but be wary when it's possible to level that fast and efficiently by everyone- especially with rares dropping so much now(more than imbues for me). Mostly though with no other outlets....well I guess we could wait and see but it worries me.
  6. ARCHIVED-Dionysoz Guest

When you look at a glass you see it half empty don't you. If people level just a bit faster that is just good. They are not just wasting time grinding but actually doing something that benefits everyone. The trasdskill guy is leveling a bit faster so he can make more stuff for his guild. The guild is happy because the writs are generating guild exp. The adventurers are happy because since people are leveling a bit faster they are buying more adv tradeskill books, the foragers are happy because everyone is buying up all the foraged goods. It is all good. :thumbup::thumbup:
  7. ARCHIVED-Daemonai Guest

Shadowbreath@Splitpaw wrote:
    What this guy said: This bonus exp is a god sent for us tradeskill classes that dont get many recipies. I got my carpenter up to 60 last night also but only got 3 levels on mine. I just did one writ at a time and the time flew by and next thing I know I dinged and was on to the next level. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Dont change a thing on this update to TSers.
  8. ARCHIVED-Liljna Guest

You are not the only one worried, in T7 a carpenter writ would give 20% xp total (13.5% from quest completion and 6.5% from xp of the items created). T6 xp for completed writ is lower, more like 7% and that seems more reasonable than the 13% in T7. There was a discussion here: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/posts/list.m?topic_id=374515 Some think this extra xp is still too low (*boggle*) and some think it is too high and of course a lot of people are happy. I was calculating on it and found that if a lvl 60 carpenter and a lvl 60 sage were racing each other to lvl 70 and the carpenter would use the new writ system and the sage would just go for first pristine bonus, the carpenter would reach lvl 70 first. The xp from completion of a writ doesn't cost vitaliy and makes the tradeskiller able to continue crafting where the other one would have to run out of vitality. Interesting to say the least. I'm worried, and those levels that are comming in now so fast feels hollow. They don't feel good anymore, it's just...bah. Perhaps this is just me, but I like that I have to work a bit for my accomplishments. I won't cry for nerfs or anything yet, I like the idea that writs give xp, but perhaps I would like to see a bit of tweaking :)
  9. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Ashrams@Najena wrote:
    I see it for what it is. When a customer can do for self with minor inconvenience, typically the customer will. How many people already post a loss to be "self-sufficient"? It's not all about leveling, it's about other balances as well. I've no real issue with it getting faster but, 4 levels in a day, let alone a few hours, is excessive at that level to me. Even then though I likely would have shrugged it off if there were some other way to differentiate one's self in the market and crafting at large. With this change, there is nothing that takes real crafting dedication to prove one's self anymore. Faction is now part of a fast xp package, all recipes are accessible to anyone with the plat(and since putting them behind faction is now cheapened, I don't consider it a viable option), and rares are dropping like candy making the game that much cheaper an experience for everyone since drops will have less value(though, this whole rare thing looks like a data error). Right now for the market crafter, it looks bad and about to get worse. For the adventurer We're right back a DoF where crafted is easy to get and better than just about anything you're going to see( at least in the lower tiers). It may turn out to be nothing, there's always that possibility but there is so much potential for things to go sour it would be foolish not to be concerned because of the short term benefits. Half-full, half-empty, you still have to evaluate the glass for the situation.
  10. ARCHIVED-torri Guest

[p]This morning I power-crafted for about an hour before having to head off to work. I started at 39% into 62, and ended at 74% into 63. (I was shooting for 64, but did not have a full stock of roots and I do not buy raws on the broker) Three level 60 difficult timed writs brought me to 93% (7% for making 6 items + 11% completion bonus for each) Then I looked and laughed to myself that I had not made a single level 62 common recipe yet, so I started on them, ding'd 63 and continued making new common recipes until they were exhausted and was about 38% into 63. Two more writs and I was too low on roots to do another order, so off to work I went. I started with 100% vitality, and ended with 56%, which was more than I would have had before the bonus exp ( I've just finished leveling an Alchemist and Jeweler to 69 on another account, both were right in the neighborhood of 2 full levels max before down to zero vitality in T7) [/p][p]At least in T7, we get somewhere between three and four percent exp for each pristine. By doing my most difficult writ (Level 60 difficult timed) I got three percent per build, so the objective of writs being a way to compete with the large pristine bonuses some classes receive has been well met. (Perhaps exceeded, judging by the posts of some that are further along in T7 than myself, but that is a different discussion) So writ grinding has become a much more attractive way to level, and the market does not need to be flooded with tons of commons sold at cost. [/p][p]As far as faction goes... As an example, let's say after pristines are done one still has 75% of a level to go (Yes, Carpenters and others will have more, Sages will never have to worry about this problem, just using this as an example). The player in this example is trying to level up in a timely manner while maximizing the experience from their raw usage. Four writs and I am now at 97% and have earned 150x4=600 faction. Prior to GU37 it would have taken 10 writs to get to 95ish% yielding 150x10=1500 faction. [/p][p]Now with writs being such an attractive way to level, yes people that would not normally work on their tradeskill faction will be getting some as a by-product. But people that were only doing writs to level following their pristines will now have to truly grind to max out their faction by doing writs with no purpose aside from the faction. Maybe over the course of leveling 20-70 a person may gain the first title level as a byproduct of doing writs in the course of their leveling. My 62 Tailor just hit 18K faction with Tunare's Pages, and whenever she could complete a writ before dinging her next level she did so. To me, there are three catagories of impact with the changes.[/p][ul][li]The crafter leveling as fast as possible is now doing writs and gains faction they would not have before as a by-product of the new desireability of writs[/li][li]The crafter that already used writs to gain status and faction while leveling will now earn much less then before[/li][li]The status and faction grinder will only see an impact of leveling faster and gaining more status because they are leveling into higher status writs much faster. Faction is not impacted at all by the change.[/li][/ul][p]I'm in the middle class. My life became less rewarding. And here I thought I played a game to be different from the real world. /le sigh[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Dionysoz Guest

While I understand a bit of what the nay sayers are saying about leveling faster I just think it compensates for the time we spend (NOT) making exp. Yeah we may level faster while we have all the supplies onhand and are just doing nothing but leveling, but what is the point of having a crafter if not to make stuff for people. I know most of the orders I get to make stuff is usally all grey, so I am getting no exp at all. If you also factor in the time we also have to spend foraging for rares to make the good stuff it all balances out. An adventure does not log on and say hey today I will log on and spend 2 hours running around and 2 hours killing greys. That is 4 hours down the drain. Unless you are swiming in pp you still spend more time foraging and making stuff for little to no money for friends other 1/3 your time actually finding a moment to sit down and actually start up leveling. In my option it balances itself out.
  12. ARCHIVED-Daemonai Guest

Yes if you calculate say for 1 level the time it will take you to go out forage all the goods you will need then the time you actually get to sit and do your tradeskill both ends of the equation balance in as far as the about of time it takes you to level up. I know most of the time I don't have the pp to goto the broker to buy up supplies to make armor and equipment. I would easily say in order to get a few good stacks of ore and roots to to level my armorer 1 level I could esily spend 2 - 3 hours foraging. And that is just to make stuff to level, and I don't make a profit out of it unless I put it all up for sale, but I usually sell back to vendor so I can make some money to buy more fuel. Only when I then turn around and make stuff out of the rares I forage do I make a prophit but that usally goes back into buying fuels. So I think this new exp system is deffinetly a welcome to TS.
  13. ARCHIVED-FoxRiverRanger Guest

[p]It seems needing to make choices about how to spend in game time is unacceptable to a significant portion of the player base. Too many players seem to want the rewards of time committed to pursuing crafting, harvesting, and to some extent even raiding, without needing to forgo their normal adventuring activities. Complaints abound about the free market valuation of the rewards for time others commit to leveling crafters, harvesting, or raiding; yet the idea that they too could commit their game time to acquiring these rewards themselves seems unacceptable. Instead, they complain about the evils of those who offer the fruits of their labor on the broker, and demand the developers lower the commitment needed to attain the rewards. [/p][p]If one can level a full compliment of crafters in the same time it takes to level a single adventurer, then crafting as a primary in-game activity will no longer be an option. With a 'rare' harvest rate exceeding (from my personal experience) ten rares an hour, and there can be no justification for improving the itemization of Mastercrafted items in the expansion. Crafting as a dedicated game play option will not be strengthened by any of these changes. Crafting as a secondary skill for adventurers is improving. Since I play this game to play a crafter, I see the glass as half empty because it appears to still be losing water. If it seemed to be filling up I would see it as half full.[/p]
  14. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

The more I harvest the more it just seems like a data error; I've gotten more rares than imbues. Still, it brings to mind what Ilucide said about handcrafted being grind recipes and mastercrafted types being for use. Looking at the State of the Game post on Warcry, it seems we are getting quested recipes and such. If that's the case, we may also be getting a new quality of recipes. If this persists without changes though, it will be a big negative for both trades and adventuring.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dionysoz Guest

Well once I figured out how to work my provisioner am back on the right track and cranking writs.
  16. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

The last four levels of my 60 sage prior to this change I got in the same day after having not played her for a while and having vitality stored up. For those with an excess of recipes, it wasn't as rare as an occurrence as you think. This just evens the playing field and makes it a possibility for everyone, regardless of the number of recipes they have.
  17. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

Having done it myself I know but, it took full vitality and even then I thought it was too fast.
  18. ARCHIVED-Tremelle Guest

I maybe wrong, I think the % of the boost from the writ seems to increase with the lvl of the craft writ, hence an increase in crafting speed in the higher tiers. My provie at the moment seems to be leveling every 4 writs or so, currently she is 45.
  19. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Fusegu@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I got less and less bonus experience from the writs as I levelled until I hit level 59 and got a new one. Went from 11% down to 8% and then back up to 11% from white con writs.
  20. ARCHIVED-Krith Guest

Deson wrote:
    [p]Factor in the many hours I spent in SS harvesting the materials, it's not that fast. Before they upped the drop rate it took forever to get the 400+ pelts and the 400+ roots needed to do 4 levels. When I levelled my Sage and my Jeweler, most of the materials (except the roots) were dirt cheap so I didn't even have to harvest them. Four levels in a few hours were a breeze with them even in their high 50's. [/p]