Just Occurred to Me

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ritual, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The North and the South are not fighting like they were and contrary to popular belief, most of the South were ashamed and horrified of what a few were doing in the North, it was not condoned nor endorsed.

And for the most part, calls for the reunification of the North and South have ceased. The South now mostly says, let them keep it.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Cool. :)

It reminded me of what happened to Yugoslavia later on; I'd visited there in a whirlwind European Tour ("Fifteen countries, 31 days! Don't blink or you'll miss Lichtenstein! If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium!" [with three "countries" being Lichtenstein, Vatican City, and Monaco], etc.), only for like about 24-25 hours, but what we dumbling American tourists saw was immensely groovy; I was so proud of them, hanging together as long as they did (this was in '85), knowing the history of the region (there's a reason for the term "balkanization"). I remember thinking: "If Europe ever decides to unify, they could have a worse role-model than these good folks!"

When the damn local warlords starting setting the people(s) at each others' throats, I was disappointed and deeply saddened at all the carnage, suffering, waste of lives and historical places, etc., but from what I've been hearing since then, not long after the 21st century started, is that the people, themselves, in the now six li'l bitty countries (I guess it was Tito, perhaps, that'd held them together for so long :-/), were getting things rebuilt from the ground up the way they wanted them, from their cities to their countries. Really, I think that's the best, surest way to, in the long run; if the people have faith in themselves and their strengths, hopefully they'll be less inclined to fall under the sway of warlords again, and what the local->now national governments should take into account (though there's gotta be a balance of powers, too). :)

I sincerely hope they're gonna be just fine. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  3. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thank you for the thought /hugs. I completely understand when things get on top of you it's hard to find motivation/spirit etc. Just get better soon and don't sweat the small stuff. And I'm sure it won't be long before Shan comes back and shakes us all up lol:)
    Ocarinah, Cyrrena, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woo-hoo! Hope so! :D

Uwk
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have wondered what happened to her. But things happen and you cannot control them and sometimes you have to ride the wave or the storm until you come out the other side stronger than when you started the ride.