Just landed in qeynos and im lost

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Murdeep, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Murdeep New Member

so i created a character on Kaladim, just landed in qeynos and did the quest that had me buy an apartment. I think im level 8, and im in south qeynos atm..and i see no quests. it just sort of made me get a room and ive got no direction right now. its been a really long time since i played this game but i dont remember being questless wondering what part of the map i need to go to now.
    Soara2 and Elyria like this.
  2. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Find your way to the nearest dock, and click on the brown teleporter (not the blueish world bell) - this will give you options to visit outlying areas of Qeynos. You will find starting quests there in any of them.

Not only this, but if you find your way to Qeynos Harbour, right by the dock there is a building (name escapes me at the moment) that should have a quest or two at your level in there. As you run around the city, keep an eye on your mini-map - wherever there is a flashing feather, that is a quest for you to pick up. Sometimes they are inside buildings though, so you need to explore.
    Murdeep, Soara2, Elyria and 2 others like this.
  3. Ephras Active Member

Soara2, Elyria and Cyrrena like this.
  4. OldRodKS Member

Always look at your mini-map and look for flashing feather icons - these are quests you can pick up. You can zoom in and out on the mini-map if you need to. As you walk around, keep it zoomed out so you see a large area around yourself and watch for feathers to pop up. If you don't see any feather icons, make sure they are turned on in your settings (I think they are by default). I even turn on the option to show out-leveled quests, because sometimes a low level quest may lead to a higher level one that you want to do.

Here are some quests to get you started right after coming from the Colony (these may be in any of the Qeynos city zones):

Find the Lion's Mane Inn and tavern (this is probably where you bought your inn room) - the bartender has a quest and there's a lady walking around the upper balcony with a quest
    Find the Concordium tower - there's a quest in there.
    Find the Clothspinner store - they have a quest for you
    Near the docks is a bar with two quests in it.
    The Herb Jar store has a quest
    As you're running around, find Demini (sp?) - she's standing in an area where you will run past her so you should see her feather

Those quests will take you to the outlying areas of Qeynos (Oakmyst forest, Peat bog, Forest Ruins and Caves). These are accessible by the marine bell at the harbor or in North Qeynos. There are other quests once you get to those zones as well.

At level 10 (maybe 15, not sure) you will start seeing writ quests offered by various military factions around the town. They have you go out and kill 10-15 creatures for experience and status points and are repeatable. The good thing is, they are usually creatures that you will be killing for other quests anyway, so it's just added experience.

At 20, you can start doing armor quests - the NPC you need varies depending on what type of armor you wear, but between 20-24, you can get a full set of class-specific armor from these quests.

There is way more to do in this game than it first looks like; just look around and explore every building that has a door you can open :)
    Jaden, Murdeep, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have played all along and this quest threw me for a loop because it tells you at least on the Freeport side to go to the Jade Tiger. But you go there and you cannot purchase any of the inn rooms. I found that you must go to one of the suburbs, any of them will do and purchase or even just tour an apartment there and the quest will complete. You can then purchase an apartment anywhere you like, another suburb, in the city, anywhere at all.

Good luck and safe travels. Have fun.
    Soara2, Elyria and Breanna like this.
  6. OldRodKS Member

Strange, I was able to purchase an inn room at the Jade Tiger to complete that quest.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This was on Kaladim on Launch Day. Not sure if it has been changed since then or not.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. OldRodKS Member

Yeah, I did it on Kaladim on launch day, I'm pretty sure.