Just an idea to get player feelings

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Londoner, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Londoner Member

What would player feelings if possible that a server was created that it was only subscription only and was time locked.

So no Krono's could be used to play on this server and the gameplay would be suited to players who were not broker orientated to some extent. The subscription idea is hopefully aimed towards new players who could start from the beginning and start at the same level as everyone else ?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less how people pay for their subscriptions.
    Breanna, Buggabug and Carizia like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

All time locked servers are subscription only. Since Krono are account-wide, they can't be limited this way.
    Siren and Vlkodlak like this.
  4. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They absolutely can be limited, but they absolutely wont
    There are many things on a TLE server that are there but not usable in any way.
    Try transmuting something on Varsoon, the spell is there but not usable.
    Same could be done with krono, or the entire marketplace for that matter
  5. Londoner Member

I am only trying to find a way where new players can get to pay an excellent game at an excellent price without worrying about broker prices, being driven by broker prices and want to play a game with a pay per month subscription without other's paying for it
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

You asked for opinions. I gave mine. If someone wants to pay for their sub with a krono ... cool. If you want to pay using a credit card, paypal, or whatever ... cool. I couldn't care less, but someone else's choice of payment shouldn't be affected by your preference for payment.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

In game mechanics and account mechanics are two very different things. I'm not saying it can't be done, but something that impacts all accounts across Darkpaw Games is very different than an in game mechanic that only impacts one game.
    Siren, Pixistik and Tkia like this.
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

And how exactly would you propose they block Krono when they are account wide and not even game restricted? So, let's say you use your krono in EQ. That means you have a paid account, right? In which case you have access to all the member only servers in EQ2, right?
    Juraiya and Dude like this.
  9. Taled Well-Known Member

Honestly, it would be extremely simple for them to segregate krono-membership and paid membership if they *wanted* to, but there would need to be a massive argument in the pro column for them to even think about it, and 'some players dont like worrying about broker prices' almost certainly won't cut it.

This is flat out a bad idea, business wise - the only possible way I could see this being implemented would be with a 'Super Subscription!' that just gives access to that server as a bonus above the regular sub, which there almost certainly would not be enough demand for. (Though it wouldn't really take much for them to implement and support, the backlash from the twelve players having no community would likely not be worth it once the inevitable mocking articles about it came out.)

[Edit: Not to mention that, legally, I don't believe they CAN seperate cash membership and krono membership with any currently existing kronos, as the wording is that they provide all the benefits of a paid subscription - so they would HAVE to do a new, secondary sub for this asinine idea - or burn off all of the thousands of existing krono]
    Pixistik, Tkia, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  10. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Krono doesn't cause the problem. Without plat duping, Krono would be traded at realistic prices as the only plat in existence on the server would be legitimately generated through playing. Forget the Krono bit and you're literally describing a TLE server. You should maybe jump on the next one when it launches?
    Siren, Tkia and Dude like this.
  11. The-Plethora Active Member

If there was a server without microtransactions which give players an advantage then I would happily pay for that. :)
  12. mouser Well-Known Member

Don't ever check the broker and the prices won't matter to you.

Unless you're suggesting a server without a broker, the prices there will always be driven by the market (ie: what buyers are willing to pay, supply and demand, etc...).

You could prevent Krono from being listed for sale on that particular server, but I don't think that would have the effect you're hoping it would.
    Dude likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I should also mention that Krono are not related to broker prices. Plat exploits are what cause inflation in the platinum economy.