Juggernaut, Our Class defining ability, REALLY needs looked at...

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine, May 23, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Juggernaught needs to be like Necromancer's Lich spell, something unique AND Class defining.
    This is my Suggestion:
    The Berserker no longer fears injury in battle, he has become an unstoppable force on the battlefield and no longer worries about getting hit, he instead focuses ONLY on destroying his enemys.

Decreases Avoidance to 0%, and then gives 50% of it back to us with In Combat Movement Speed/Strikethrough/Damage Reduction.
    Example: Say, if we had 40% Avoidance before using the buff, it would give us 20% Damage Reduction, 20% In Combat Movement Speed, 20% Strikethrough.
    Then have it inflict X% damage to self while not berserk. (if we had 40% Avoidance, it would be 4%.) Every 4 Seconds.
    Then have it inflict X% damage to self while berserk. (if we had 40% Avoidance, it would be 2%.) Every 4 Seconds.

Over half of our abilitys require us getting hit, This would be a unique class buff, and it just screams: Juggernaught.
    It would also make Adrenaline less worthless, and actually alot better.
    But it would also improve the penalty for using it, since we would be taking damage during lost adrenaline, balancing it.

Since the berserker is mostly focused on crushing his enemys, he hits the target alot more, but that means the target can't miss, but we are a wall of plate. We Are Juggernauts!

Why Do This?
    Lets look at the List of Abilitys that Require us being hit:
    Weapon Counter - Damage to enemy when "hit"
    Blood Rage - Healing when "hit"
    Berserk Rage - Going berserk when "hit"
    War Cry - Going berserk when "hit"
    Aggressive Defense - Damage AND Hate to enemy when "hit"
    Battle Frenzy - Healing when "hit"
    Adrenaline - Regenerative Healing When "hit"
    Wall of Hatred - Hate When Hit.
    Gut Roar - Block When hit.
    Perfect Counter - Reflect When Hit.
    Avoidance actually hurts us more then helps us, if we don't get hit, we don't build up nearly enough hate, our abilitys usefulness is cut almost in half, and our ability's regenerative properties are also cut in half.

"Note: Make Enhance: Juggernaught adds 0.04 Auto-Attack Modifier per point spent to the spell instead of increasing Duration"
    "Important Note, Temporary Buffs, And Item buffs that increase your parry and reposte will not be counted by the juggernaught buff, so you cannot just hit Dragoon's Reflexes and get 50% Damage Reduction, or hit Unshackable Grip and get an extra 10%, or use the old Cold-Forged Chest Plate from The Djinn Master and get 50%."
  2. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

No. Just no. I agree Juggernaut needs a looksie but your proposal makes no sense.
    I personally would like to see it become a defensive temp (%stoneskin, or large ward).

However if you look at the skills original benefit/intention when it was implemented. The large amount of crit it gave relative to how much was attainable at the time was a huge dps increase. Therefore a fix for it is simple. Merely change it to +10% Potency and +17% Flurry or MA for the duration of the temp (Crit Bonus is also an option but then the TSO AA would need to be adjusted). The listed stats are either uncapped or we have trouble getting it (flurry) and would provide a large temp dps increase following the original intention of the spell.
  3. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Elanjar@Nagafen wrote:
    How does it not make sense?
    a Juggernaught is something that doesn't die easily and can take massive damage.
  4. ARCHIVED-DrkOmen Guest

I agree with the other person, Your suggestion just reeks, it stinks so bad. While you do have a point that most of our abilities and our entire EoF AA tree seriously need work, I pray the dev's dont listen to most of the suggestions you post.
  5. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Because Juggernaut is part of our EOF Tree... ?
    Juggernaut is our level 65 Spell, All Berserker's get it when they reach level 65.

Please don't talk about a class you do not play or have no understanding of how to play.
  6. ARCHIVED-DrkOmen Guest

Acutally my Main is a berserker and have played him for years before he was my main. Its your lack of understanding the game Mechanics (something that you have always lacked as evidenced in all of your posts) that makes you ask for changes like this.
    The comment on the EoF tree was in referance to all of the posts you have made saying that it is outdated and needs changed, which I agree with, but I dont agree with the changes you are suggesting.
  7. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Hackn@Unrest_old wrote:
    Why don't you agree to the changes?
    Please Explain.

Just saying "I don't Agree" without explanation makes me feel like i'm right and your wrong, if im definitely wrong, please explain why, and explain what changes you would do.
  8. ARCHIVED-DrkOmen Guest

Go take a look, I already posted the changes I would make to the EoF tree in the Other thread you started (one of the 50 thousand).
    As far as your suggestions to Juggernaut, giving up all of your Avoidance, uncontested and otherwise, is stupid. Granted I tank most mobs DWing, even raid mobs and most the avoidance we have vs them is contested, but Uncontested avoidance = a direct reduction in the number of hits a mob is going to land on you. Avoiding 20% of attacks does way more for you then reducing damage by 20% (on a temp buff) for spike damage due to Multiattack and such.
  9. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Hackn@Unrest_old wrote:
    err..damage reduction avoids the damage of Multi-Attacks as well.
    The Trick is to put on a shield, get your avoidance as high as possible, then use the buff and then go back to dual weilding, so you have 30% Percent Damage Reduction and Dual Wieilding in Offensive Stance.

I know your giving up alot for it, but we're offensive Tanks, maybe 30% Damage Reduction and 15% Healing When hit?
  10. ARCHIVED-Brildean Guest

We really need a mod to come in here and merg all tuor's threads together and name it "I'm a berserker and i don't understand current mechanics".
  11. ARCHIVED-Nevao Guest

Brildean wrote:
    Rumor has it that that in fact happens on a magical website that must not be named due to ratings restrictions.